You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid vs Barcelona

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

How's it going go?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How's it going go?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not now, but somewhere in the future I'd love to see him with us.

Hopefully. If we get ourselves sorted out there's always the chance.

Somehow Alonso managed to move to an even bigger circus than the one he left.

He'd still be in with a chance of a medal if he was still with us.

Yeah, knowing that Arbeloa and Alonso are gutted right now is the only downside to an otherwise brilliant result. I don't like to see Casillas gutted either, can't believe he's stayed with them for so long. I bet he's seen some crazy shit in his time there.

Great result from Barcelona. Not a scintillating performance, as is norm for them, but controlled and ruthless.

There was a noticeable difference in style between the two teams, with Barcelona focussing on short passes whereas Madrid were much more direct.

Messi was much better than Ronaldo on the night but that was certainly helped by the fact that he has the best midfielder in the world supplying him, in Xavi. What a player he is.

All in all, a good night's football!

The game was basically a team against a group of individuals. Although many of the Barca players are great individually they can also work together and that makes them the better side. Real need someone tough enough to bring the squad together as a unit.

My thoughts on the match:

Always love a game with Metjula in charge; brings back the memories of Istanbul.

Messi- there's something just not right with that lad; he like Rainman or something he is on a different planet.

Pep Guardiola- I would. Perhaps the best dressed manager (barring Kenny and his coat of course) in the history of managers.

Too many Alice bands on Real.

Ronaldo's gay stance before free kicks is ultra annoying.

Puyol is a leg.

Does Real have the whitest uniforms? They're whiter than the sheets at KKK rally.

I don't have much time for Barcelona usually as I find they're the Spanish equivalent of Arsenal except they actually play the football that the press wank over when ever Arsenal put some League 1 side to the sword in the Carling Cup (or us). I'd rather have the trains run on time than a bunch of children fed. I'm pretty sure Franco made the trains run on time.

thanks brownie. did he at least get to spray some of his trademark passes? i wonder if he was told to always pass the ball to ronaldo.

Yeah he still pinged a few of his trademark raking passes; that's just what he does.

He just wasn't a factor in a game that was dominated by Xavi.

It kills me to see him in that kit as well.

The game was basically a team against a group of individuals. Although many of the Barca players are great individually they can also work together and that makes them the better side.

I said the same to my dad earlier. Guardiola looks to be the best coach in the world at the moment and it is utterly enjoyable to watch the way that side applies pressure on the opponent when not in possession and how they always give their team mates options when in possession.

They are almost as strong tactically as they are technically. Total football galore.