You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Temper Tantrum Torres

Antynwa

So what do we do with him, I suppose it wasn't as bad today as it usually is. But part of my admires him for kicking off. Granted if it was some horrible fucking tit like Neville I'd slander the useless inbred cunt for it. Torres however, scores goals and gets angry. Sometimes at the same time.

Do we control it? Or do we nurture it. I'm in two minds with him. We've seen it in the past Sunderland Away, Everton Away and Reading Away a few years ago where he's managed to overcome his short comings be it with decisions or what not and managed to bag a few goals.

I admire the lads passion, and it's refreshing to see, however it can get the best of him.

So in short, do we control it or do we nurture it and turn it into an asset?

Keegan had games when he'd whine non-stop, and Kenny, who was a chronic moaner, sometimes really followed the ref around moaning. So it isn't that peculiar to Torres - especially when the service is poor and the opposition are allowed to kick lumps out of him. But I agree he's acquired the bad habit of advertising his frustration so blatantly he practically invites the ref to reach for a card. Ideally we solve it by supporting him more effectively when we attack - I'm sure that's all he needs to improve his mood!

So what do we do with him, I suppose it wasn't as bad today as it usually is. But part of my admires him for kicking off. Granted if it was some horrible fucking tit like Neville I'd slander the useless inbred cunt for it. Torres however, scores goals and gets angry. Sometimes at the same time.

Do we control it? Or do we nurture it. I'm in two minds with him. We've seen it in the past Sunderland Away, Everton Away and Reading Away a few years ago where he's managed to overcome his short comings be it with decisions or what not and managed to bag a few goals.

I admire the lads passion, and it's refreshing to see, however it can get the best of him.

So in short, do we control it or do we nurture it and turn it into an asset?

I like to see a forward putting himself about and standing for himself and I certainly wouldn't make moves to eradicate that from his game. However, when things aren't going well for him people only concentrate on his petulance, which isn't that bad anyway.

He isn't particularly well looked after at home or abroad. He was kicked from pillar to post tonight and kept himself in check, as a consequence was fairly quiet. Personally I wouldn't change him THAT much, I'd try to explain when is the right time to do it though.

Torres is just too blatant at times.

Actually I think he did well tonight. Obviously because he knew he'd be out of the next game if he got booked, but if there ever was a game he'd kick it off tonight was it. I'd say he nearly was molested by the centre backs all game and it's a fucking miracle none of them were sent off.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

'We' don't do anything. He's the best striker in the world. He gets pissed off when things aren't going his way. Good.

The end.

To be fair to him, he was kicked all over the place tonight, how that horrible cunt Luisão stayed on the pitch is totally beyond me.

Hope he is fit for the next two games because we will need him.

I went to Benfica in 2006, they were a horrible shower of twats then and they are now.

Despise them and hope we fucking do them at Anfield.

To be fair, when he gets frustrated and starts his moaning, he usually has a point. He gets the shit kicked out of him, that compounded with the fact that there was no real service is frustrating. He needs to learn how to deal with it and not let it affect his game though.

If you ask me Benfica were told to kick the shit out of Torres, wind him up so he would get himself booked and suspended for the second leg.

I think he actually controlled himself well last night. Especially when you consider the challenges they were putting in on him. Every 50/50 they gave him a kick or shove. Every time. He gets very little protection as it is so I can understand him moaning.

He needs to realise that it can effect his game though so should try and channel it in the correct ways.

I think the missed chance was symptomatic of the treatment he was getting as he was almost expecting to get kicked so rushed the shot.

They were all at it last night, especially Agger who was lucky to stay on the pitch. If you keep hassling the referee eventually he will get sick of it and start dishing out the cards.

There is no excuse for being given a card for arguing with the ref or another player.