You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redknapp on Chelsea knocking Barcelona out:

"This is the greatest night of champions league history I have ever seen from any team"

Fuck off Redknapp. Fucking Redknapp/Lampard/Chelsea love-in.

You were a good player Redknapp, but as a pundit you don't half talk some shite. Fuck off.

Guest Pistonbroke

Nobody outside their little love group gives a fuck or would agree with them on that statement. Well maybe a few thousand bitters and Mancs.

Rat boys attempt at being Brazilian nearly had me spitting tea on my keyboard.

The media in general seem determined to downplay how great the comeback in Istanbul was just because it's us. Didn't ITV have a contdown of greatest Champions League games and have United's win over Bayern above us too. It's also partly because this Barcelona team has been built up to be far greater than they actually are. Because they absolutely outclassed a tactically naive United in two finals it's just assumed they must be the greatest side in the history of football ever because how can anyone outclass the mighty Manchester United like that otherwise. The way Adrian Chiles constantly went on about how amazing they were last week was absolutely cringeworthy. I'm not saying they're not an excellent side before anyone has a go either but they showed against Inter a couple of seasons ago and again tonight that they're not perfect and it's possible to beat them with a well organised defence.

Sky's coverage is just embarrassing. Before that game, they played some slow-motion montage of brave Chelsea playing brave football with lots of shots of Mongo and Frank looking determined and brave, meanwhile some cockney (according to Sky, there's only one city in England) did a brave and - not at all cringeworthy - voiceover about how brave Chelsea are. "This.Is.Our.Night", etc. Fucking horrible.

The media in general seem determined to downplay how great the comeback in Istanbul was just because it's us. Didn't ITV have a contdown of greatest Champions League games and have United's win over Bayern above us too. It's also partly because this Barcelona team has been built up to be far greater than they actually are. Because they absolutely outclassed a tactically naive United in two finals it's just assumed they must be the greatest side in the history of football ever because how can anyone outclass the mighty Manchester United like that otherwise. The way Adrian Chiles constantly went on about how amazing they were last week was absolutely cringeworthy. I'm not saying they're not an excellent side before anyone has a go either but they showed against Inter a couple of seasons ago and again tonight that they're not perfect and it's possible to beat them with a well organised defence.

That just isn't true.

They are the greatest side in the history of the game, but it has nothing to do with them beating Utd.

More to do with the fact that nobody's seen anyone better.

I fail to see how having 9 men stood in a line accross the 6 yard line is a great defensive performance. They would have struggled to break down Tranmere if they had 10 men in the box for pretty much the full match. Barca hit the post 5 or 6 times in both legs, probably had around 60 shots, and a 72% share in possession. Yes, Chelsea were gritty and you cannot fault their work rate. But that could easily have been a 7 or 8 goal aggregate victory. I have never in my life seen a team enjoy so much luck and fortune over two matches.

he is just doing his job. he doesn't mean it. Redknapp is sound as fuck. his dad and cousin however are both whoppers.

as for gary neville. he didn't just squeal when torres scored, he squealed about 4 times throughout his commentary.