You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can we sack Benitez now

Antynwa

Where's that cavalry Jpeg gone....

Seriously though the only people I'm going against the grain with tend to be the whining crying girls who scream and shout after a defeat and then when we win sit and stew.

I've given my opinion, you don't like it, that's up to you, I really don't care. The other option is I start wailing like a banshee and fall in line with you and your little group to make you feel better.

Haha i'm in a group am I? Super.

I suppose that's the, 'wants the best for Liverpool' club then.

It's funny that you go on about me screaming and shouting after defeats and not saying anything when we win, despite the fact that i've done nothing of the such today and always post on here, whatever the result.

But you carry on with your labels if it makes you feel better.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shamelessly stolen from a lad on OTK,

"We can silence all the Albert Riera’s we want, but there is a dark could in that dressing room right now, and it doesn’t have an American accent"

Funnily enough Paul Joyce on that Sunday supplement shite went with that as well, he said that lots of players have said the same as Riera then went on not to name players who had but players who he assumed would.

On the other hand you have Babel who said that he had a heart to heart with Rafa, was told what he had to do to improve and seems to be applying that, slowly.

So he should be, if we have a season/half a season like this one then it's time to go if we have a season like last year then we're all the better for it.

That is the thing though! After 6 years, we don't even know how next season is going to be.

Can you honestly confidently predict next season will be like last?

I'm not saying next season will be poor like this one but equally I can't say he will change the tactics, buy right players, make the team play to win and put up a meaningful challenge.

And that is exactly why I want him gone.

It's funny that you go on about me screaming and shouting after defeats and not saying anything when we win, despite the fact that i've done nothing of the such today and always post on here, whatever the result.

People rather than person and 'tend to be' would be hints that I didn't say you in paticular.

You're a more reserved wait till theirs safety in numbers type.

Sorry, thats just self serving sillyness. You have no idea if your opinion is what's "Best for Liverpool FC".

That is the thing though! After 6 years, we don't even know how next season is going to be.

Can you honestly confidently predict next season will be like last?

I'm not saying next season will be poor like this one but equally I can't say he will change the tactics, buy right players, make the team play to win and put up a meaningful challenge.

And that is exactly why I want him gone.

By and large we've finished the season pretty much where we should the majority of the time, last year we overachieved, this year we've underachieved.

People didn't think he should get a new contract on the back of one good season but that he should be sacked on the back of one truly bad year.

Sorry, thats just self serving sillyness. You have no idea if your opinion is what's "Best for Liverpool FC".

Where have I said that i'm right? I could be wrong, of course, but nothing i've seen this year makes me believe that Rafa Benitez is making decisions in the best interests of the club.

And what is self-serving in having an opinion and believing it to be right? You clearly disagree with me, which is sound, so I could say the same about you.

I won't though.

Yes he needs to go.

It looks highly unlikely we will come in the top four, it is looking 6th or 7th and that is not good enough with the players we have.

We've got the best striker in the league, the most complete player in the world, the best defensive midfielder, the best keeper and the best right back (certainly last season) and numerous other Internationals.

Best striker in the league has played about a third/half of the games this season; gets himself injured playing for his country. Nando is a fucking god - but he should have buried one of those two chances today -- if not both of them.

The most complete player in the world? Who's this, Lucas? Because he has been more of a contributor this season than Gerrard has. I think Gerrard is a superb player, but he has been way off form this season. Court case? World Cup? Whatever it is, it hasn't been happening in a Liverpool shirt.

The best defensive midfielder? Mascherano? Have you watched him this season? Very hot and cold. More often cold than hot.

The best keeper. Absolutely. No doubt about it. The best player at the club for my money.

The best right back? Johnson is sometimes a poor defender - he got beaten inside and out today by Nani... by fucking Nani. Going forward he contributes a lot, but defensively he has been poor. He's been injured, so maybe that is the problem.

All of these are Rafa signings (except for Gerrard) - and when it clicks, all of them are world class. But it hasn't been clicking. And there are a huge number of contributing factors for this; NOT just Benitez.

Yes, he has fucked up in some selections. Yes, his tactics are negative too often. But he didn't make Gerrard hang out with his England buddies and miss treatment at Anfield; he didn't make Torres go to play for Spain when injured; he wasn't reponsible for JOhnson's injury.

This has been an abomination of a season--from the moment we lost at Spurs because Carra and Skrtel made a basic fuck up, to today. I doubt if we'll make 4th - and I doubt if we'll win the Europa League. But I still rate Benitez, I really do. I'm still in his camp - I've not forgotten last season or the progress we'd made until this season started. It's a blip. It happened to Shanks, it happened to Paisley, it's pretty much happened to everyone. You don't go from being a fucking brilliant manager to a fucking shite one in a single season.

Ant: either grow a pair or change your user name.

By and large we've finished the season pretty much where we should the majority of the time, last year we overachieved, this year we've underachieved.

People didn't think he should get a new contract on the back of one good season but that he should be sacked on the back of one truly bad year.

Not this over achieving/under achieving bollocks again! You are better than that Cardie.

Last season, we were shite for most of the season and started to play "to our potential" after February.

Are Arsenal over achieving this season? I don't think so. They are achieving what Wenger always believed and said.

Says the fella hiding behind his pc that would deffo be the first person to dive off the ship as soon as it sprung a leak.

I love the way cyber warriors like you seem to think that because they have 6000 posts on a forum think they can tell something about someone else.

I mean, you probably jumped on the bandwagon in the mid 80's when we were top dogs.

Dont see you posting much about your time before the 80's, you know like the early 70's before we started winning again.

I dont see you posting about going to Anfield during the wilderness years of the 60's either.

Yep, I wonder where you were when I was going to places like Rotherham in the 2nd Division to support my great club.

You utter fucking clueless shithouse johnny come lately. You think I'll jump ship because some manager isnt winning a few pots?

Tell you what lad, if you want to debate things LFC, gladly, then get debating but dont try and pull the 'you're a jump shit type when the results arent good. because it dont fucking hold water. Pretty much like your half arsed reasoning in fact.

Where have I said that i'm right? I could be wrong, of course, but nothing i've seen this year makes me believe that Rafa Benitez is making decisions in the best interests of the club.

And what is self-serving in having an opinion and believing it to be right? You clearly disagree with me, which is sound, so I could say the same about you.

I won't though.

Let me get this right, you've made a post stating what you think is best for Liverpool FC - but you think you might be wrong. Although you think you might be wrong you still want to sack the manager based on that opinion?

You also have no idea what my opinion is - I certainly haven't put it forward as being "Best for Liverpool FC" have I? If I had then it would have been self serving.

Not this over achieving/under achieving bollocks again! You are better than that Cardie.

Last season, we were shite for most of the season and started to play "to our potential" after February.

Are Arsenal over achieving this season? I don't think so. They are achieving what Wenger always believed and said.

Did we set out to finish outside the top 4 this season or in the top 4 and we under achieved (or failed if you think under achieving isn't strong enough term)?

You don't go from being a fucking brilliant manager to a fucking shite one in a single season.

Benitez has always been brilliant in Europe.

However domestically, I think he has only really done well once in six seasons and that was last season.

He is too cautious for this league and makes too many poor decisions.

Let me get this right, you've made a post stating what you think is best for Liverpool FC - but you think you might be wrong. Although you think you might be wrong you still want to sack the manager based on that opinion?

You also have no idea what my opinion is - I certainly haven't put it forward as being "Best for Liverpool FC" have I? If I had then it would have been self serving.

Hang on a second, can you show me where I said that my opinions were what's best for Liverpool? I said that if i'm in any club, it's the 'wants best for Liverpool' club.

You're quite clearly, retarded.

I love the way cyber warriors like you seem to think that because they have 6000 posts on a forum think they can tell something about someone else.

I mean, you probably jumped on the bandwagon in the mid 80's when we were top dogs.

Dont see you posting much about your time before the 80's, you know like the early 70's before we started winning again.

I dont see you posting about going to Anfield during the wilderness years of the 60's either.

Yep, I wonder where you were when I was going to places like Rotherham in the 2nd Division to support my great club.

You utter fucking clueless shithouse johnny come lately. You think I'll jump ship because some manager isnt winning a few pots?

Tell you what lad, if you want to debate things LFC, gladly, then get debating but dont try and pull the 'you're a jump shit type when the results arent good. because it dont fucking hold water. Pretty much like your half arsed reasoning in fact.

Oh no he di'n't!