You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dougie, ATK and Moores 17/01/10

Dougie Do'ins

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negged.

Moores deserves all the stick he has received. He is the one who agreed to sell, it was his decision, he had the final say. He should have done his homework, he should have sacked Parry for not doing his job properly.

He has a lot to answer for a hell of a lot. Even if he does come out and speak out and apologise, it's too late for him to be held up as anything other than the man who sold the club down the river for personal gain. He will never be forgiven in my eyes.

Indeed. He's the catalyst for our current woes without a shadow of a doubt, and it's down to what he does about it now.

As you all know myself and Mick recently had a unplanned talk to David Moores at the gates of his home. As a result of this a further meeting took place yesterday at the Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral Cafe. (Paddy's Wigwam)

Present at the meeting were Myself, Mick, Kev Sampson, David Moores and Rick Parry.

Although both Mick and I were completely upfront about our views of both DM's and RP's role in the sale, the tone of the meeting was positive and we left feeling cautiously optimistic. We started by underlining our anger and frustrations at the situation the club is now in, and how we come to be in such a state. We let it be known to DM that he'd made terrible error of judgement in selling to G+H and David Moores agreed with us. In the meeting at his house, as well as today he said he felt personally let down, but more importantly the fans had been let down as a result of Gillett and Hicks' takeover.

We asked DM why he'd not been more vocal in his condemnation of how the club is now being run and why as of yet, he's not made public the reasons that he ultimately decided to sell the club. DM said he will definitely make a full and frank statment but two things are currently holding him back. One is an ongoing legal issue with Liverpool F.C. The other is that he's been led to believe that investment is very close and he doesn't want to jeopardise any potential sale or be blamed for driving investors away.

We reminded DM that G+H have been looking for investment since the day they arrived so why should us fans believe that any new investment is forthcoming. We suggested that given the track record of G+H, and the false promises they have made, particularly involving the new stadium that this reported new investment may just be another red herring. DM said that he was as frustrated as us fans. He felt let down at the way the situation at the club had developed but now would not be the right time to speak out. He went on to say that since resigning his position at the club he has not been to Anfield.

We brought up several areas where we felt that both DM and RP could be proactive in aiding the removal of Hicks and Gillett, but due to the sensitive nature of what was being requested we can't go into detail about these. It's common knowledge that this is an open forum, and it would be shooting ourselves in the foot to say too much more at this point.

Overall, we appreciated them coming out to meet us. We felt they could have, and still can do more. But we have certainly come away thinking it was a worthwhile conversation that may well have a positive outcome further down the line.

Brilliant. Well done to both of you, fuckin great work that. And as much as I despise the Bastards for desroying our club and ballsing up the biggest decision in our history, fair play for them taking the time to come and speak to some normal fans.

Well in. Interesting Parry was there I believed they had fallen out, more taxi talk.

One is an ongoing legal issue with Liverpool F.C. The other is that he's been led to believe that investment is very close and he doesn't want to jeopardise any potential sale or be blamed for driving investors away.

They are good enough reasons, time will tell and we have waited this long, another few months will make no difference.

We need investment or we are in big trouble, so holding off is alright with me.

I know Al we have heard it a thousand times but it must be close. Fingers crossed something is on the horizon.

Fair play to both you and Mick.

The other is that he's been led to believe that investment is very close and he doesn't want to jeopardise any potential sale or be blamed for driving investors away.

Can you elaborate on this bit, if you're not breaking any confidences, obviously.

Is the investment with the 2 cunts still here, or a total sale?

Thanks for the update ATK. Appreciate it. Investment is close?? It will be interesting to see if SOS's meeting with Purslow backs that up...having said that, Purslow has been saying it since October, still no end product though

He has but can you even begin to imagine how complicated something like this would be.

I am not surprised it is taking this long, with the two owners we currently have it is always going to go on longer than expected.

Can you elaborate on this bit, if you're not breaking any confidences, obviously.

Is the investment with the 2 cunts still here, or a total sale?

If Al could have said he would have, it is sensitive whatever it is and it goes on here and will be on every forum within five minutes.

Patience young man.

I know Al we have heard it a thousand times but it must be close. Fingers crossed something is on the horizon.

I agree with Al.

We don't know investment is close, even if it is how is Moores / Parry speaking publically going to affect the deal? I can't see it.

What we do know is talk is cheap and actions speak louder. The owners / Purslow etc can say time and time again that we are going to start the new stadium, that investment is close, that Benitez has money to spend and what he raises in sales he can spend on future purcahses.

However they have constantly said one thing and done another, so I don't think that Moores / Parry, the fans etc. should just accept what they say and wait and wait hoping for investment, the new stadium to start etc.

What we do know is there are not the right people to own this club. So let's not wait for them to mess up again, let's get rid of them, before they can mess up again.

Again being pro active not reactve.

The first thing that sprang into my mind when Moores says he wont speak now because of an ongoing legal issue with the club and investment might be close is that Moores doesn't have the courage to speak out.

Unless he described to the lads what the legal issue is, it just sounds like Moores is putting a smokescreen up. I hope I'm wrong.

As you all know myself and Mick recently had a unplanned talk to David Moores at the gates of his home. As a result of this a further meeting took place yesterday at the Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral Cafe. (Paddy's Wigwam)

Present at the meeting were Myself, Mick, Kev Sampson, David Moores and Rick Parry.

Although both Mick and I were completely upfront about our views of both DM's and RP's role in the sale, the tone of the meeting was positive and we left feeling cautiously optimistic. We started by underlining our anger and frustrations at the situation the club is now in, and how we come to be in such a state. We let it be known to DM that he'd made terrible error of judgement in selling to G+H and David Moores agreed with us. In the meeting at his house, as well as today he said he felt personally let down, but more importantly the fans had been let down as a result of Gillett and Hicks' takeover.

We asked DM why he'd not been more vocal in his condemnation of how the club is now being run and why as of yet, he's not made public the reasons that he ultimately decided to sell the club. DM said he will definitely make a full and frank statment but two things are currently holding him back. One is an ongoing legal issue with Liverpool F.C. The other is that he's been led to believe that investment is very close and he doesn't want to jeopardise any potential sale or be blamed for driving investors away.

We reminded DM that G+H have been looking for investment since the day they arrived so why should us fans believe that any new investment is forthcoming. We suggested that given the track record of G+H, and the false promises they have made, particularly involving the new stadium that this reported new investment may just be another red herring. DM said that he was as frustrated as us fans. He felt let down at the way the situation at the club had developed but now would not be the right time to speak out. He went on to say that since resigning his position at the club he has not been to Anfield.

We brought up several areas where we felt that both DM and RP could be proactive in aiding the removal of Hicks and Gillett, but due to the sensitive nature of what was being requested we can't go into detail about these. It's common knowledge that this is an open forum, and it would be shooting ourselves in the foot to say too much more at this point.

Overall, we appreciated them coming out to meet us. We felt they could have, and still can do more. But we have certainly come away thinking it was a worthwhile conversation that may well have a positive outcome further down the line.

Good work mate. Although I'm new to this forum I've been reading it a while and you seem like a top bloke and red through and through

Didn't Parry say anything or was he just there as a bodyguard? :-)

I know you can't elaborate more on the investment issue Al, which is fine. But I have a couple of questions:

A) Did you believe them, and

B) Did they tell you where the investment is coming from

I think I answered that one for you mate.