You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arinsal, Andorra

Fugitive

I'm going to The Big Snow Festival there in March and I'm wondering if anyone has ever been before and what it's like?

I've never been Skiing in my life and the fact there is a Music festival running at the same time which will involve copious amounts of ale, is it advisable to skip the slopes?

I'm really looking forward to it.

Guest ShoePiss
I'm going to The Big Snow Festival there in March and I'm wondering if anyone has ever been before and what it's like?

I've never been Skiing in my life and the fact there is a Music festival running at the same time which will involve copious amounts of ale, is it advisable to skip the slopes?

I've been skiing in Andorra, very good conditions when they get enough snow. Since you're going to be getting hammered most nights it might not be worth renting equipment and buying lift tickets.

In my opinion you really need it to be your primary reason for being there to actually learn how to do it, it's not an easy thing to pick up so I'd guess you'd end up getting frustrated (everyone does at first) and bin it anyway.

If you think it's something you'd like to take up then great, for just a one off I'd not bother.

I've been skiing in Andorra, very good conditions when they get enough snow. Since you're going to be getting hammered most nights it might not be worth renting equipment and buying lift tickets.

In my opinion you really need it to be your primary reason for being there to actually learn how to do it, it's not an easy thing to pick up so I'd guess you'd end up getting frustrated (everyone does at first) and bin it anyway.

If you think it's something you'd like to take up then great, for just a one off I'd not bother.

I was thinking the same. There seems to be loads of other stuff to do during the day but I'll see what happens when I get there.

you should take the opportunity to learn to snowboard. Andorra has plenty of ski miles to cover and is also a tax haven. Board in the day party at night what boarding has been about for a long time. Nothing like blasting down them hills to clear the head

Also check out snowbombing although it tends to be at the end of the season so the snow can be shite.

The World's Greatest Show on Snow | Snowbombing 2010

TK Max for cheapo snow wear

Loads of times, had the use an apartment their for many a year until an avalanche knock the building down.

Its a decent enough resort geared up for you youngster's to ski and drink. Were as, when i first went it was for the more reserved skier...

The last time i went my son broke his arm snow boarding.

Fly to Barca and drive up you'll need a car to enjoy other resorts.

Guest ShoePiss
The problem with skiing resorts is they are generally ace. A decision to get bladdered and very rearly ski or control yourself and ski like Conrad Bartelski can be difficult. I always chose the skiing.

Only 3 weeks on Sunday til in go to Le Corbier, France. Wayhay.

I'm going to drive up to the mountain tomorrow, night skiing until 11pm and a few beers to loosen up :)

you can do both if you can board. If your learning to board i'd take it easy on night life and not get too fucked. One snow holiday and your hooked for life. Learning to board was one of the best things I ever did

But skiing uses the edges of the skis and boarding doesn't. (I've never boarded BTW)

Guest ShoePiss
But skiing uses the edges of the skis and boarding doesn't. (I've never boarded BTW)

Boarders certainly do use their edges. Snowboarding is harder to initially pick up i.e stay up and stop but once that's out of the way there's a faster learning curve compared to skiing.

Skiing is way cooler than snowboarding anyway, every man and his dog is boarding these days. Here in the pac northwest I'd say it's about 85% boarders now.

Skiing is faster and takes way more skill to master. Also I like laughing at snowboarders on their arse everytime they get off the lift because they have to undo/do their bindings.

Boarders certainly do use their edges. Snowboarding is harder to initially pick up i.e stay up and stop but once that's out of the way there's a faster learning curve compared to skiing.

Skiing is way cooler than snowboarding anyway, every man and his dog is boarding these days. Here in the pac northwest I'd say it's about 85% boarders now.

Skiing is faster and takes way more skill to master. Also I like laughing at snowboarders on their arse everytime they get off the lift because they have to undo/do their bindings.

And skiers don't flap around with one foot on the board whilst waddling up the mountain. Also, skiers don't congregate in annoying gangs half way up the runs talking shit and looking like cocks. Skiing does truly rock.

Guest ShoePiss
And skiers don't flap around with one foot on the board whilst waddling up the mountain. Also, skiers don't congregate in annoying gangs half way up the runs talking shit and looking like cocks. Skiing does truly rock.

That's one of the things that annoy me, skiers are just as guilty at times especially at weekends. I nearly killed myself and a few boarders as they'd decided to sit below a blind drop off.

i did ski then got into boarding. i guess there's a cock in each camp. I think US boarders can be more "dude wheres my car" than the euro lot.

I'd like to get back over to the canada and the states again. the one thing about europe is the english middle class twat you see everywhere.