You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Secret Santa 2009

RedinSweden

OK lads and lasses. If you would like to participate in this years Secret Santa then add your name to the list below. That means copy the existing list and add your name, not just post your fucking name. I'm not cleaning up this thread after you. I'm not your fucking Mum. Background checks will be performed and previous sinners will be weeded out. Thems the rules.

The list:

RedinSweden

Edited by Paul

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we're ditching all the rip-off fuckers from previous years, I'm in - but only just: I'm still a little bit pissed off with last year's debacle, which was entirely contrary to spirit of the thing.

RedinSweden

The Big Green Bastard

sh#t waffle

Paul

As we're ditching all the rip-off fuckers from previous years, I'm in - but only just: I'm still a little bit pissed off with last year's debacle, which was entirely contrary to spirit of the thing.

I hear you. I need people's help with this. Start grassing if you see any sinners on the list.

Hi all, as I was not here last year would some one tell me the rules before I sign me self up. Also have a feeling that not all people join in fairly from what has already been posted.

Simple. You are given the name of someone on the list. You make a CD and send it to them. You receive one from someone else. You do not know who you receive from. people then post up reviews (this is an important part of the experience) and try to guess who sent it.

The problems have arisen from certain people not sending them. Bad show.

RedinSweden

The Big Green Bastard

sh#t waffle

Paul

Thants

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

Owen

Rondeco

Fowlers God

Simple. You are given the name of someone on the list. You make a CD and send it to them. You receive one from someone else. You do not know who you receive from. people then post up reviews (this is an important part of the experience) and try to guess who sent it.

The problems have arisen from certain people not sending them. Bad show.

Cool, in that case I am in. How does we know addresses ect? or is someone trusted with them?

Cool, in that case I am in. How does we know addresses ect? or is someone trusted with them?

Everyone PM's them to RiS, who then sells the details to a West African building society, who will then contact you.

Posted this in the other thread, but thought it could do with being in here too:

Besides a lot of shitness in the sending of CDs, what I thought ruined it last year was the complete lack of involvement once they were received. There were few reviews, little posting of tracklistings and the guessing of who sent them and a general bailing out once the CD was received. If people are going to take part then they have to sign up to sending a CD and reviewing the one they got.

Posted this in the other thread, but thought it could do with being in here too:

Besides a lot of shitness in the sending of CDs, what I thought ruined it last year was the complete lack of involvement once they were received. There were few reviews, little posting of tracklistings and the guessing of who sent them and a general bailing out once the CD was received. If people are going to take part then they have to sign up to sending a CD and reviewing the one they got.

Word.

If people don't behave in this years edition, things are going to get very fucking neggy.

I think you'll find I reviewed the one i recieved, I also went to the exceeding large effort of setting up my CDJ1000's and actually seemlessly mixing the whole thing together.

for this reason alone.

I'm in and some lucky fucker will get another mix that will be still be being listened to around the world this time next year

RedinSweden

The Big Green Bastard

sh#t waffle

Paul

Thants

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

Owen

Rondeco

Fowlers God

Karl_b

Hamstrung

discuit

What are the rules like, what kinda music, how many discs etc.

Entirely up to you.

The only rule is you actually have to send the CD so the recipient gets it in time for Christmas, and you have to properly review the CD you receive.

Entirely up to you.

The only rule is you actually have to send the CD so the recipient gets it in time for Christmas, and you have to properly review the CD you receive.

Cheers for that, I'm in, unless my location will be a problem.

RedinSweden

The Big Green Bastard

sh#t waffle

Paul

Thants

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

Owen

Rondeco

Fowlers God

Karl_b

Hamstrung

discuit

Gowldilocks

Cheers for that, I'm in, unless my location will be a problem.

RedinSweden

The Big Green Bastard

sh#t waffle

Paul

Thants

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

Owen

Rondeco

Fowlers God

Karl_b

Hamstrung

discuit

Gowldilocks

Obviously, there is the option of uploading the CD for the recipient to download, if location is an issue.