You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal - Carling Cup

Guest LFD

Wiley was in homer mode tonight fat cunt, other than that we were on a hiding to nothing because listening to the commentary you would have thought Arsenal were playing little wittle 10 year olds against our best crack euro side. I hate the medias love in with Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, Man U and citeh....why do the hate Rafa and us so much.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No complaints about the performance, we played really well tonight, just a frustrating lack of quality up front. Kuyt is a great lad but he's just a workhorse, and the sooner that shithouse Babel fucks off the better. Someone should give him a baseball cap and mic and we see some enthusiasm.

The officials were shocking too.

We're in no position to be blase about the carling cup seeing as we haven't won anything since 2006 - coming up to 4 fucking years.

The Carling Cup only ever matters to supporters when we go out, before a ball is kicked it's 5th priority, nobody cares, play the kids, don't risk Torres, it's the league that counts.

This is how I sum up the game.

Plessis is not fit to wear the Liverpool shirt.

Babel is not fit to wear the Liverpool shirt.

Degen is a terrible defender.

Voronin worked hard and surprised me with his constant pressuring and harrying.

Good to see 'Il Principino' get minutes on the pitch.

Guest Dog Chaser

Reasonable performance by the team, thought N'Gog did well again despite being taken off. Great goal by Insua.

What winds me up is the commentators going on and on about Arsenal's youngsters. Also how lucky are the Arsenal players with bounces and clips that always seem to fall back into their path or one of their teamates.

This game was lost in the midfield. Did we tackle once? There's a need for a 4th CM, at the moment we don't have one. We were watching the ball, letting Arsenal play. Someone should at least kick somebody...

Aquilani was good the little he played, Degen surprising, Insua played well, CM pair was abysmal, Ngog fine, but seems to have stamina for 60-70 minutes. That was that game.

Quite surprised about the views in here, i thought we were unlucky in the second we were the better team and had good chances. To be fair to Voronin he improved as the game went on, Degen did well in supporting the attack, NGOG was impressive, Plessis was solid, Spearing did well. People should be happy i thought we were unlucky not to score in the second half. I was impressed with the team, Skrtel is still not good enough for me. The greek did alright.

Good enough performance against an Arsenal side similar in strength to the side we put out. If we'd put in the same kind of application against Tottenham last season we wouldn't have been so shockingly embarrassed.

Spearing had a decent game, Plessis was pedestrian. Aquilani looked very tidy when he came on. It's difficult to judge this game til we get a bit of context. If we continue to kick on, then we'll forget it soon enough. If we don't win anything this season, there'll be further question marks over this one. Tonight though, I'm happy enough.

This is how I sum up the game.

Plessis is not fit to wear the Liverpool shirt.

Babel is not fit to wear the Liverpool shirt.

Degen is a terrible defender.

Voronin worked hard and surprised me with his constant pressuring and harrying.

Good to see 'Il Principal' get minutes on the pitch.

parliano italiano? no.

Arsenal's reserves (not youth team, reserves) are better than ours, are they? Gutted.

On the other hand, Aquilani seemed to do pretty well in the last 15. One really good pass, a couple of neat ideas, one or two that didn't come off and covered a fair bit of ground. Looks like he'll be pretty good when he's fit. Good of Rafa to give Eccleston a bit of time, too.

All in all, hard to get too worked up about it. From what I saw, looked a decent game, we gave as good as we got and could have equalised a couple of times. I even saw Philipp Degen! I thought he was a myth, like the Candyman. Turns out he's just a shit right back. Would have liked a run in the league cup, but to be honest it's no surprise we went out to Arsenal away. I'd kind of given up on it before kick off.

The Carling Cup only ever matters to supporters when we go out, before a ball is kicked it's 5th priority, nobody cares, play the kids, don't risk Torres, it's the league that counts.

It might be in some people's case, but not mine.

Of course it's not the main priority, but our rivals don't seem to do too badly out of it.

On the whole, a good spirited performance from most of the side. Everyone bar Voronin and Plessis showed a bit of effort and desire. Gutted to be out, but can't complain on the whole from the effort the lads put in tonight. Should've had a penalty at the end when Senderos handballed TWICE from Aquilani's overhead kick. Nice to see Alberto get a cameo, and he looked impressive. Thought Spearing and N'Gog did really well out of those who started, and it's nice to see the pair of them being rewarded with starts after impressing this season for the ressies.

Bring on Fulham!