You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

On 03/06/2023 at 08:37, cloggypop said:

Irish breakfast at Milk Bar Tomasza, Kraków 

6Yk3yBi_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

37 zloty. It was enormous. 

Decent sausages, bacon so thick it was approaching a pork chop. Fucking triangle toast. 

What's with the miniature toast? The egg looks like it was cooked on the plate . I echo the sentiments that the beans should have been served in a ramekin, gently sponging off the juice from the edges before turning sideways and thrusting it up your batty hoop and giving your head a serious wobble. Is that a gash brown or a chicken nugget? Or perhaps the plate is just really far away as most things seem miniature.

• Upvote 1

On 03/06/2023 at 13:46, cloggypop said:

And a hash brown. Two different types of spud. I did say it was an Irish breakfast. 

Two different types of American spud. Should be a proper hash or proper chipped tatties. Wedges are a shit side dish for a takeaway, not part of a breakfast. Cutting corners.

And they missed one of the eggs with the beans. 0/10.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The view sitting outside our room and first 2 courses of the wedding breakfast, forgot to photo the warm chocolate brownie. Usual wedding fare but very tasty.

My speech got plenty of compliments from guests I didn't know, managed to beat my wife's censorship clause a couple of times.

Great but very tiring weekend.

20230604_162312.jpg

20230604_164247.jpg

20230604_095925.jpg

• Upvote 11

On 03/06/2023 at 07:53, Redder Lurtz said:

After several years of thoughtful debate with myself I've decided that beans on a full breakfast is a cunt's game. The main reason being that the bean juice gets everywhere and so everything tastes of beans and that's just plain fucking out of order. 

HOWEVER

I've also concluded that beans DO have a place on a hybrid fryup. Or more especially on a truncated fry. 

For example, this morning I will be eating sausages, toast and fried egg to which the addition of beans serves to enhance the truncated fry. The beans will bulk out the fry, and I'll be thinking of it as beans on toast with a fried egg on top with a sausage accompaniment. And that's fucking decent. 

I have spoken. 

You need to make sure you cook your beans in a pan slowly while your breakfast is cooking and the bean juice will thicken up nicely and not infect the rest of the plate. And anyone who puts microwaved beans on a plate should be fucking shot and have their fingers cut off, slowly one by one. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Looks a decent sausage that. Weird looking eggs though. 

The food at Formby Hall was lovely all over the weekend but they badly fucked up yesterday's breakfast. 10 minute wait for fried eggs FFS!

About 10 eggs arrived and there was more than that waiting with breakfasts going cold. They where just lashed on the plate by me.

It was really busy though.

The skin on cooked tomatoes is a no from me.

All food locally sourced but that could mean they buy from Tesco down the road.

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

The food at Formby Hall was lovely all over the weekend but they badly fucked up yesterday's breakfast. 10 minute wait for fried eggs FFS!

About 10 eggs arrived and there was more than that waiting with breakfasts going cold. They where just lashed on the plate by me.

It was really busy though.

The skin on cooked tomatoes is a no from me.

All food locally sourced but that could mean they buy from Tesco down the road.

Fried eggs are never ideal on these buffet breakfasts, in fact none of the eggs are. Nothing much more disgusting than the slop they make calling it scrambled egg. And it tastes the same everywhere, I can only assume it comes in pre mixed and fuck knows what's in it if that's the case. 

I liked the look of that tomato though, I enjoy a well cooked grilled. Can't be having that tinned stuff. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fried eggs are never ideal on these buffet breakfasts, in fact none of the eggs are. Nothing much more disgusting than the slop they make calling it scrambled egg. And it tastes the same everywhere, I can only assume it comes in pre mixed and fuck knows what's in it if that's the case. 

I liked the look of that tomato though, I enjoy a well cooked grilled. Can't be having that tinned stuff. 

It’s probably just liquid eggs. Egg farms will sell big vats of eggs to ice cream makers, bakeries and restaurants where they use so much they can’t be bothered cracking them themselves.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Formby Hall breakfast last 2 days.

Solid 7/10, in with room cost so not sure of price but buffet help yourself.

IMG-20230605-WA0000.jpg

Already been said but I think these buffet breakfasts impact the way the fried eggs end up on the hot plate. 

These look very like the ones I see in a Premier Inn. 

Not great, but I suppose they do a job. Much like a Premier Inn. 

Anyway, hope the wedding went well. Assume you dropped some TLW classics into the speech and are now in the doghouse.

Telling your daughters new husband that ‘he can go in the summer’ probably would only appeal to a particular type of audience. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I was in a hotel in Luxembourg on a work trip a few years back, had been out on the ale the night before and had got about an hours sleep. Went down for breakfast clearly still pissed and picked up whet I thought was an already boiled egg on my plate of continental shite. Sat down and cracked the raw thing all over my plate much to everyone's amusement. 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Already been said but I think these buffet breakfasts impact the way the fried eggs end up on the hot plate. 

These look very like the ones I see in a Premier Inn. 

Not great, but I suppose they do a job. Much like a Premier Inn. 

Anyway, hope the wedding went well. Assume you dropped some TLW classics into the speech and are now in the doghouse.

Telling your daughters new husband that ‘he can go in the summer’ probably would only appeal to a particular type of audience. 

I think starting my speech by explaining it had been heavily censored and quoting Basil Fawlty, "you'll have to stitch them back on first" got me off to a flyer.

I was actually thinking about you(in a non sexual way) Although it's a golf club and Spa the grounds don't look as good as your garden!

Everything went great mate. Thanks,

Back home to Turkey on Friday.

• Upvote 3

On 05/06/2023 at 20:05, Barrington Womble said:

You need to make sure you cook your beans in a pan slowly while your breakfast is cooking and the bean juice will thicken up nicely and not infect the rest of the plate. And anyone who puts microwaved beans on a plate should be fucking shot and have their fingers cut off, slowly one by one. 

The juice is the best bit you perv

• Downvote 1

On 05/06/2023 at 18:09, DalyanPete said:

The view sitting outside our room and first 2 courses of the wedding breakfast, forgot to photo the warm chocolate brownie. Usual wedding fare but very tasty.

My speech got plenty of compliments from guests I didn't know, managed to beat my wife's censorship clause a couple of times.

Great but very tiring weekend.

20230604_162312.jpg

20230604_164247.jpg

20230604_095925.jpg

IMG_20230606_235128.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

The Big GB. Lukka Bar and Grill. 7/10.

295 TL about £10 in real money.

3 eggs(I had 2). 2 bacon, 2 sausage, 2 tomato, 3 toast, beans and mushrooms.

Eggs overcooked for me but everything was else was spot on apart from no butter on the toast. Considering they don't eat pork the chef did a good job.

20230617_122247.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

The Big GB. Lukka Bar and Grill. 7/10.

295 TL about £10 in real money.

3 eggs(I had 2). 2 bacon, 2 sausage, 2 tomato, 3 toast, beans and mushrooms.

Eggs overcooked for me but everything was else was spot on apart from no butter on the toast. Considering they don't eat pork the chef did a good job.

20230617_122247.jpg

That's right by a marina, pick the plate up and throw it in it. 

• Upvote 1