You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What odds would you give for new owners by the start of next season?

Also, do you think Rafa will walk or be fired?

I think he has every intention of walking just like he made his mind up before the start of the season he left Rafa, in fact very Xabiesque if you like. His mind is already made up IMO and I reckon he has instructed his agent to make discreet equiries and if Real come calling in Jan I dont expect him to turn them down again. That should cheer Xabi up no end.

In all likelyhood he will leave at the end of the season and lets hope he does it Valencia style.

The point to be made about Houllier & Rafa is that Houllier peaked his team second and within 7 points of Arsenal but within 12 months Houllier had taken the gap back some 23 points more. Rafa will take us backwards from last season ie we will be more than 4 point behind the title winners but obviously not 30 points and its not all Rafa's fault that we will be going backwards this season which wasnt the case with Houllier.

I think he has every intention of walking just like he made his mind up before the start of the season he left Rafa, in fact very Xabiesque if you like. His mind is already made up IMO and I reckon he has instructed his agent to make discreet equiries and if Real come calling in Jan I dont expect him to turn them down again. That should cheer Xabi up no end.

In all likelyhood he will leave at the end of the season and lets hope he does it Valencia style.

What justification or reasons do you have to support any of this?

For every valid instance that points to him leaving, I bet I can point to two stronger reasons why I think he'll stay.

What justification or reasons do you have to support any of this?

For every valid instance that points to him leaving, I bet I can point to two stronger reasons why I think he'll stay.

Thats what I believe

History shows you cross Rafa once you might get away with it but if you do it again and again he will walk, only AC or Real would give him the challenge he needs-

Now, I know I'm going to regret this, but your evidence for even a gut feeling is what exactly?

I can easily name a few candidates outside the usual box and some household names, not in any preferred order as I think all of them could have been interesing appointments, but I have to say I love the football Porto have played under Ferreiro.

1.Jesualdo Ferreiro.

JesualdoFerreiraFCPorto12.jpg

2. Gian Piero Gasperini

C_3_Media_697311_immagine_det.jpg

3. Joachim Löw

JoachimLow_32177t.jpg

4. Jupp Heynckes

5_3316_heynckes.jpg

5. Markus Babbel

1.jpg

6. Didier Deschamps

deschamps1.jpg

7. Sami Hyypia

1243194552-Click-Hyypia1.jpg

8. Kenny Dalglish

moran-dalglish-eva_1213298c.jpg

9. Felix Magath

magath_zeigt_468x345.jpg

10. Code 72

FrodePC.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yeah but Houllier had them from when he started. I feel really sorry for him. I think we should reinstate him on the basis of Net Spend and the fact money is the be all and end all.

You really are showing your age - just when the arguments had got past the stupid.

Need to add one thing.

A few more years down the line Alonso will probably replace suggestion number 10.

About the only thing I've ever agreed with you about.

In the other thread about Carra or Gerro taking over I mentioned Alonso.

See how many I catch.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
About the only thing I've ever agreed with you about.

In the other thread about Carra or Gerro taking over I mentioned Alonso.

See how many I catch.

Might work, but then he'd only walk out for the Madrid job after a few years

;)

You do know Dave might ban you for suggesting the above.

Ouch, thats not good.

But the reason I mentiond Löw is because I like the football Germany is playing under him, he is also supposed to be the brains behind Germany`s success when Klinsmann was the coach.

Germany are ruling international football at the moment, their youth teams are winning everything there is to win and they are doing so playing exciting football as well.

He`s not had a great career as a club coach yet, but he is still young, he knows his ideas and he knows how to make a strong defensive foundation and build from there.

I wanted to pick a few names I`ve never seen mentioned before to show there are more candidates out there than the obvious ones.

Ouch, thats not good.

But the reason I mentiond Löw is because I like the football Germany is playing under him, he is also supposed to be the brains behind Germany`s success when Klinsmann was the coach.

Germany are ruling international football at the moment, their youth teams are winning everything there is to win and they are doing so playing exciting football as well.

He`s not had a great career as a club coach yet, but he is still young, he knows his ideas and he knows how to make a strong defensive foundation and build from there.

I wanted to pick a few names I`ve never seen mentioned before to show there are more candidates out there than the obvious ones.

Has Germany's defence not been a bit weak in the past couple of tournaments.

I can't remember to be honest, but for some reason i think i remember it being a bit dodgy.

Has Germany's defence not been a bit weak in the past couple of tournaments.

I can't remember to be honest, but for some reason i think i remember it being a bit dodgy.

They are top of their qualifying group.

1. Germany 8 7 1 0 24-4 22p

Before that they reached the Euro 2008 final where they lost 1-0 against Spain.

In the qualifiers for the Euro they finished second behind The Czech Republic in their group with these results.

2. Germany 12 8 3 1 35-7 27p

They are top of their qualifying group.

1. Germany 8 7 1 0 24-4 22p

Before that they reached the Euro 2008 final where they lost 1-0 against Spain.

I know all that.

Just seem to remember that in their last couple of tournaments Euros and Wold Cup, their defence was a bit dodgy.