You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas

scousechris

No he is shite because he is too slow, so when he positions himself badly he is easily outpaced and 9 out of 10 times he ends up giving a free kick away in a dangerous position.

The fact he offers fuck all going forward does not really help much.

The two most annoying sights happening regularly when we have played the last couple of seasons are Lucas chasing players who easily outpace him and Kuyt chasing the ball who easily outpace him.

Do you actually watch any matches ? Or just read newspaper reports from games played 2-3 years ago ? Or are you watching on another planet ?

I've met people before who are controversial just to get attention, but at least their outbursts carried a modicum of intelligence.

But that's what democracy is about - freedom of speech. It legally entitles people to waffle complete shite.

My name is Lucas

I live on the second floor

I play midfield for you

Yes I think you've seen me before

If you hear something late at night

It's just me being a fucking awesome Brazilian

You just don't argue anymore

Really looking forward to seeing him back again after the carnival that our midfield became in his absence last season, but I just hope he gets back to the level he was at. People forget that he's just had one of the worst injuries a footballer can get.

Second only to Luis in terms of importance for us.

He played well tonight but really get a grip of yourself. He's just another cog in the team. If he wasn't in that team tonight I doubt anything different would have happened.

He gets about and does simple things which help the skill players and the more important guys do their job. No matter how much people go on he will never be an integral piece of the team. He's replaceable whereas a lot of our other players aren't.

Second to Suarez? Fucking hysterical.

He played well tonight but really get a grip of yourself. He's just another cog in the team. If he wasn't in that team tonight I doubt anything different would have happened.

He gets about and does simple things which help the skill players and the more important guys do their job. No matter how much people go on he will never be an integral piece of the team. He's replaceable whereas a lot of our other players aren't.

Who else in our squad can do his job? Do you think our midfield was worse without him last season?

He would start in central midfield for city, united, Chelsea and arsenal. Disagree?

He would start in central midfield for city, united, Chelsea and arsenal. Disagree?

He'd start as a holding midfielder for all 3.

Chelsea:

Lucas

Mikel/Essien

Oscar (with Lampard off to the good ol' U.S. apparently)

Arsenal

Lucas

Song

Arteta

United

Lucas

Scholes

Kagawa

Who pre tell would you replace him with that is anything like a realistic option?

He's one of the best holding midfield players in the world.

Your description could easily be Makelele who was a very average player in every aspect apart from what he was the best in the world at. Real also thought as you do and never adequately replace Claude until a certain Xabi Alonso strolled into town.

He'd start as a holding midfielder for all 3.

Chelsea:

Lucas

Mikel/Essien

Oscar (with Lampard off to the good ol' U.S. apparently)

Arsenal

Lucas

Song

Arteta

United

Lucas

Scholes

Kagawa

I (obviously) agree. And he's better than Barry and de Jong.

Get a fucking clue. If you can't see what he does, and how vital it was to the display today, and when we were good last season, then you are just another moron. Sorry.

I'm genuinely baffled you've taken such offense to my comment actually. You really think Spearing, Adam or Henderson are anywhere near his level?

Lucas is a real talent: he has a football brain, and usually executes well, what he has quickly decided to do, in his minds eye. Is he the complete player? No. However, there are very few players who one could argue are 'complete' More importantly, is he an asset to us? That's a resounding 'yes', and Spearing, if he gets the chance to continue to develop as a Liverpool player, will be the better for developing alongside the Brazilian.

I love a bit of Lucas these days, can't help it.

I've always been of the "he's a decent player but we could do better" line of thinking, but I am warming to the fella.

Him sitting and mopping up and playing quick simple passes to Allen and Gerrard should be good.

Plus he's just an awesome dude. First over to congratulate Borini.