You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

11 straight wins. 1st round bye. Number 1 seed in the AFC. The road to the Super Bowl goes through Denver. Remarkable regular season for my Broncos. I'd be lying if I said I wanted any part of the Patriots in the playoffs though. Can live without watching 5-6 yard passes to 5ft white guys over the middle.

Bet the Packers will murder the Vikings next week.

Not that I'm blaming them for us not making the playoffs. Our shitty offence is responsible for that. And the defence giving up a 97 yard drive to Seattle late on followed by an 80yd drive in OT didn't help either.

We didn't deserve to make it, and having missed the playoffs five of the last six years, I can't see Lovie surviving.

The only reason I can see for keeping him is that if he goes, Urlacher probably goes too and I don't want to see him go out like that. Was hoping his last game would be in the playoffs, as he was almost fit to play tonight but not quite. Would have been back next week if we'd made it.

The season is too long

The championship should not be decided on wether the team rest it's starters or not.

Most leagues finish in week 16 for this reason

I am torn on this matter!

FF is all about US, the managers, picking what we think is the best team, be that in week 1 or week 17.

We all knew the rules...

Yeah we need to take a week off it. I need Romo to put up less than 32 points tonight for my boys to claim the title. Either way the final's been a massive let down because neither team has been at full capacity.

Surely FF reflects the NFL, I am not trying to endorse a week 17 next year, but...

...I set my team up this week to get what I thought was going to get the best result, same as every week! I dont see why the top teams should get a pass just because their star players may not be playing! It's a week to week game, week 1 is the same as week 17 as far as i'm concerned!

Anyway, it was fun! :)

Most leagues and all NFL managed leagues stop week 16. Playing week 17 plays into the hands of those teams that do not have star players in certain positions.Last year Rogers was left out if week 17 game and it could well have cost a team the championship.You can't make enough changes in a league of our size to make it fair.If you are playing in a 8/10 team league then you can get players to fill your bench that will probably play.

The Ravens dropping Flacco,Rice,the Texans have to keep Foster in shows that week 17 is not a level playing field.

Ok.

I've been bitching about the Vikings after some ugly losses this year' date=' but it's time to dish out some praise!

What they've been doing the last 3 games have been outstanding imho.

I should probably say "what AP's been doing" (and he has been out-of-this-world-good!), but that seems unfair to the rest of the team. Specially to the defense! Still not sold on Ponder (way from it), but he's improved too.

Frasier and Musgrave - take a bow. Never thought you could get more W's than L's!

Still some way from the playoffs but nothing would be better than to beat the Packers next week and secure that wildcard-spot :drool:

(Will need some help from Ravens and whoever plays the Giants next week maybe...?)[/quote']

Them Scandie wannabees cost me a treble by beating the Packers. Wasn't happy.

The Redskins got through so that sort of eased the blow a little

Guest Pistonbroke

Really chuffed the Redskins made the play-offs after a shaky start to their campaign, even better that we beat the Cowboys in the final game to send them packing. I've followed them since 92 albeit not in a 100% conviction way, more or less just watch the games but don't go to in-depth with rosters etc.

The Black Monday bomb has dropped.

HC Pat Shurmur and GM Tom Heckert gone in Cleveland - thought Heckert did a great job btw.

Fat Andy Reid shown the door in Philly - not before time.

The shocker is that Lovie Smith has been axed by the Bears.

Looks like Rex Ryan is safe this year at the Jets, though the GM Tannenbaum is gone.

Norv Turner is fired along with A.J. Smith at the chargers

Ken Whisenhunt and Rod graves is gone from the Cards in the sixth HC sacking of the day, so far...