You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Have you heard anything on who could get the Browns job?

I'd go for John Gruden. Knows how to construct a defence and showed at Tampa he can get teams playing above there potential.

You have a decent defence all ready but need to get the offence sorted.

Have you heard anything on who could get the Browns job?

I'd go for John Gruden. Knows how to construct a defence and showed at Tampa he can get teams playing above there potential.

You have a decent defence all ready but need to get the offence sorted.

I like Gruden too, but the inside track seems to be Chip Kelly from Oregon.

We have a stack of young talent on both sides of the ball.

Have you watch Oregon this year?

They have been excellent this year,running up some big scores.Played a 3-4 defence and had a great run game with Kenjon Barner.Wouldnt be surprised if you took him in the 3/4 round to supplement Richardson.You have some good cap space available as well(18ml).

Mike Wallace,Greg Jennings both free agents

Looking forward to the draft,got the weekend off so it should be good.

Glad we got Payton signed up for another 5 years.

Looking at the draft I'm after the Saints looking at

sorting at the offensive and defensive lines in the opening round.

1st round

OT Jake Mathews,Luke Joeckel

DT Sheldon Richardson,Jonathan Hankins

DE Dion Jordan,Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo

2nd Round

No pick

3rd Round

Margus Hunt DE

William Gholston, DE/DT

Bacari Rambo S

4th

Micah Hyde CB

Brandon Jenkins DE

CorNellius Carradine DE

5th

Mario Benavides C

6th

Collin Klein QB

Michael Williams TE

David Bass,DE

Nick Clancy,LB

Ray Ray Armstrong S

I don't think either tackle, or Lewan, makes it to the Saints without you trading up. And I also believe not spending it on someone to make a difference on that defense would be a near sackable offense.

I'd also be stunned if Rambo drops to the third.

Brees had far to much pressure on him most of the season and with Bushrod likely gone we need a tackle.No point in having 100ml wrapped up in a QB we can't protect.

We have been mocked to take both DT at 15.

Hard to tell just yet what happens till after the combines.Bound to be some major performances swaying GM.

That's my worry with Hunt.

I think far to much has been made of the historically bad D.It needs improving in alot if places but I think some of the issues are down to the off field problems and the there was signs of improvement late on.

DT

Sed Ellis is useless and won't be back so we have Bunkley,Hicks and Johnson.

DE

Cam Jordan got better and better as the year went on,Martez Wilson and Junior Gallete are both under 25 and the Saints have hopes for Greg Romeus if he has recovered from injury.

Smith either takes a massive cut or is cut.

S/DB

The only good options here are Rafael Bush,Corey White and Isa Abdul-Quddus all Safeties.

Greer is getting on but can still do the job

Patrick Robinson and Johnny Patrick are busts.

LB

Not much here past Lofton,Casilas,Hawthorne and Chamberlain.

The O-Line is getting worse,no push for any runs and really leaky.Loosing Carl Nicks was a massive blow but when your paying 20ml for a QB some cuts are being made.

Brian de la Puente probably comes back at Centre.The first string guards are fine in Grubbs and Evans the tackles need upgraded.

WR

Pretty strong there,just need to cut out the uncharacteristic drops. Colston,Moore, Morgan,Roby all are capable,not sure if Henderson stays.Nick Toon will be there as he was injured in preseason so couldn't play all year.

RB

I imagine somebody goes.Ivory is a restricted free agent and it will be interesting where the Saints tender him.We could get a additional 6/7 rounder for him.Good player but doesn't get the carries.

Sproles should hopefully stay healthy,same with Thomas.Ingram is the strange one,he had the talent and has shown that with enough carries he can get into his groove but he won't get them here.I wouldn't be against trading him if we could get a second or third rounder.

Cadet is also on the roster.

Devin Hester looks completely washed up. Every off season we're told how he's the best route runner of all the receivers, how they have a special 'Devin Hester package' of plays to get the best out of him, and how he's going to have a big season.

Then the season starts and he does fuck all. I look at people like Percy Harvin and Randall Cobb and think, that's what Hester is supposed to be. Why isn't he? Because he's just not very good. He doesn't get open much, and he doesn't make catches you have to make.

And this year his returning was shockingly poor. On punts he was often running backwards and losing yards, or he was letting it bounce and giving us awful field position. The final straw for me came last week against Detroit when he caught a kick off, hesitated about running it back, then decided to run it out and got crushed on the 4 yard line.

Him complaining about Lovie getting fired was ridiculous. Him and the rest of the offence are the reason Lovie got fired, and maybe if he'd run back a punt or two this season or not had so many drops then Lovie would have kept his job?

And I can think of several millions reasons why he won't retire. He should be traded though, and if we can't get anything for him then just cut him.

NFL's Twitter account asked to describe Ray Lewis in one word. ...

MURDERER

Yet, there are those who remember Lewis most for an incident that took place outside of an Atlanta nightclub hours after the Super Bowl ended in the city in January 2000. Lewis and two other men were charged with murder in connection with the stabbing deaths of two men, but the charges against Lewis were eventually dropped. He pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and was placed on a year's probation; he also testified against his co-defendants, who were both later acquitted.

The Atlanta murder case -- which came two months after Carolina Panthers wide receiver Rae Carruth was charged in the murder of his pregnant girlfriend -- focused the NFL's attention on off-field violence by its players. Lewis, who was fined $250,000 by the league but was not suspended, rarely talks about the incident now.

"If you understand the way God works, you won't ask yourself why people don't understand me," Lewis said. "I'm not here to please man, by no means. . . . I'm not here to be liked. You ain't got to like me. . . . I want God to view me a certain way. If you don't like the way God views me, I ain't here to please you."

Pete Carmichael Saints OC interviewing for the Bears job.

I dont see that working out if they give him the job.

No way the Bears can play the same way as the Saints do.

He was far to conservative on plays calls late in games this year and hardly got the un game going at all.When we actually run the ball and played off play action passes we generally did well.

Michael Vick to follow is my guess.

Neither Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are worthy of a number 1 pick so unless they think that Landry Jones or they trade back into the first round i think he takes Vick with him.

Chiefs should get NT Star Lotulelei,OLB Jarvis Jones or OT Luke Joeckel with the first pick

Think Tom Heckert(ex Browns) going too as GM

Heckert is defo reuniting with Reid either in Arizona or in Kansas it seems.

Heckert did a fantastic job for the Browns in his time in Berea, 3 brilliant drafts have turned our roster on it's head and Chip Kelly will find the cupboard stacked with top young players when he lands with the Browns.

With our offensive line being one of the worst in the NFL and us having 2 first round picks, it looks a possibility that we'll draft two OL as we desperately need them. Bradford, until the last week, had gone 30 odd games getting sacked so we definitely need to protect him better otherwise he stands no chance.