You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What a fucking pleyer

I know its only a pre-season friendly but did anyone else notice that his passing today was better than Alonso's.

Just hope he stays signs a new contract and Xabi Alonso fucks off.

BTW Alonso never got involved one little bit when he came on but if I was Xabi in the same situation id take it easy.

As for Mascher its pretty clear to me he's been working on his passing and if we can get his passing sustained we could have the new Graeme Souness.

What a fucking pleyer

I know its only a pre-season friendly but did anyone else notice that his passing today was better than Alonso's.

BTW Alonso never got involved one little bit when he came on but if I was Xabi in the same situation id take it easy.

As for Mascher its pretty clear to me he's been working on his passing and if we can get his passing sustained we could have the new Graeme Souness.

I love Mascher, and I'm desperate for him to stay (even more then Xabi) but he aint no Souness, and he never will be. That's not a dig at mascher, it's just that Souness is the finest midfielder ever to set foot on planet earth.

Mascherano cant be replaced he is the best defensive midfeilder in the world.

He needs to relise what rafa has done for him and commit himself to the club.

When rafa took the gamble mash was sitting on the bench at west ham.I would love to keep both him and alonso, but if one were to go i hope its alonso.

If we were to lose both of them we would be fucked.

I love Mascher, and I'm desperate for him to stay (even more then Xabi) but he aint no Souness, and he never will be. That's not a dig at mascher, it's just that Souness is the finest midfielder ever to set foot on planet earth.

Take your point but maybe if Javier's passing improves he can be as important for the team as Souness was. It took two players to do what souness did.

Javier and Stevie G in CM with STevie G doing what McDermott did now that is a mouth watering prospect

You sure you were watching the Liverpool match? Xabi was outstanding and pulled all the strings when he was on! We will be hard pressed to replace him if he leaves. I really wonder about people who don't see what Xabi does for our team.

Alonso's role is absolutely imperative to how we play. He doesn't simply just pass the ball five yards and that's it; he sets the tempo of our play, supplies our best players with the ball in the most dangerous of positions and basically runs our games.

He has some bad games when his radar is a bit off, and you usually see the team struggle when that happens because he is so important.

Some people say in defence of Lucas (this is just an example for comparison) that one of his strengths is that he gets the ball and keeps it simple. A lot of people then say the same of Alonso but it's chalk and cheese. Alonso runs a game, whereas Lucas floats in and out of them. On the eye it may look similar but when you analyse it closely you see the fundamental difference.

i am obvioulsy the one one today who saw a new Mascherano today with his passing being miles better than usual. Just look at the pass for Reira's goal. If Xabi had made such a pass you'd all be creaming yourselves. Also there was a pass down the line in the first half made with the outside of his left boot that very few pass masters could have made.

If you cants see it god help you.

Trust in Red Nick. Just because he is mad doesn't mean he deserves to be negged. He has an opinion which he hasn't backed down from. He is right to some extent in what he says about Xabi, he just expresses it differently.

Speedy why are you looking for an arguement with Brownie everytime he posts, there is no need.

I know its only a pre-season friendly but did anyone else notice that his passing today was better than Alonso's..

what?

what?!

WHAT?!

oh dear, nick. oh DEAR!