You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Emmanuel Adebayor brochure

cochcaer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he pops one in at the Kop end, it wouldn't surprise me in the least now, after all the shite he's spouted since moving there.

If he scored at the Kop end maybe, but the equivalent to yesterday would be scoring at the Anfield Road End and running the full length of the pitch to the Kop.

By the way, I just can't get angry about the celebration.

Yes, it was stupid and irresponsible and slightly dangerous, but I really couldn't give a toss if Arsenal fans feel provoked. Fuck them.

The stamp on the other hand, is just plain wrong.

Is exactly right , he's been given a startling level of abuse by the Arsenal fans & now they want him investigated by police for scoring against them.

I also hate Van Persie & Bendtner so he gets full marks for kicking/slating these 2 jokers as well. Pity he didn't have time to maim Gallas.

p.s. I had no problem with Neville's display against us in case it is brought up

Utter nonsense, that is easily one of the worst fouls i have ever seen and could quite easily have resulted in him losing an eye. In fact it wasn't a foul it was an assault and it should be removed from the FA's juristiction and heard in a Crown Court. Shocking shocking foul that gets worse with each viewing.

Utter nonsense, that is easily one of the worst fouls i have ever seen and could quite easily have resulted in him losing an eye. In fact it wasn't a foul it was an assault and it should be removed from the FA's juristiction and heard in a Crown Court. Shocking shocking foul that gets worse with each viewing.

I apologise for being a bit facetious , but with your user-name I'm sure you must have seen a lot worse than that over the years. I would also note that Adebayor had barely looked at RVP during the match before Van Persie tried quite obviously to injure him & ended up the 'biter bit' & squealing to the papers. RVP's actions to the Man City fans were also interesting after his goal but are being ignored while he wallows in victim status.

If Van Persie had turned his head all the way round, he would almost definitely have lost an eye. It was a horrible, malicious and unnecessary thing to do. I don't care who he did it to. If he does it to one person he might do it to someone else when the mood takes him, which with such a temperamental cunt as him could be anytime. Fuck the celebration. It was classless and pathetic and indicative of Emmauelle Adebayor. The stamp is what should be concentrated on.

As for Judas. I don't think in a month of Sundays he would ever celebrate like that to us. He might have gone to them, but it wasn't to fuck us over. It was to get his England career back on track. He doesn't want the world, and Fabio Capello, thinking he is an unprofessional cunt. He would NEVER celebrate like that against Liverpool. He'd celebrate with his teammates.

The FA have to come down hard on him, had he caught him in the eye it could have ended his career. The celebration would have been more acceptable had he scored at the Arsenal end, but what he did was reckless and could have resulted in a serious piece of disorder. Comsidering the way the FA went for Fowler all those years back after his celebration, Adebayor should serve at least 3 games for each offense

Interesting to hear Dixon say on MotD that Adebayour actually warmed up in the Arsenal half of the pitch to try and wind them up. I wonder how much was Adebayour, and how much was instruction he got from Hughes.

I hadn't seen the tackle on Van Persie until tonight, but that was pretty nasty, and as someone said above he could have lost an eye.

He should be banned for a couple of matches for that stamp, typical shithouse tactics lashing out when someone's down. I don't quite like the way his celebrations seem to be drawing the spotlight away from his grade A shithouse cunterry, who gives a crap aboot the celebration when he could have blinded a player?

Calls of the wild lose the plot over Emmanuel Adebayor | Sport | The Guardian

I have never played sport at the highest level – and frankly not much at the lowest level either – so I may not be the best person to pronounce on bad behaviour in sport, but as every penny-a-line hack and phone-in loudmouth has been giving us the benefit of his wisdom all weekend, here goes.

Actually, on reflection, I did once play at Elland Road alongside Richard Madeley in a celebrity disc jockey team – where the term "celebrity" obviously had been stretched to breaking point – so I am possibly better placed to express an opinion than Doug from Epping, who felt it necessary to share with the nation his view that Emmanuel Adebayor had lost the plot.

In case you are not a regular listener to sports radio, I should explain that "lost the plot" is shorthand applied to anyone who does anything you disapprove of. In phone-in land, Arsène Wenger and Rafa Benítez are the Premier League's chief plot-losers, Wenger for failing to replace Patrick Vieira – there is a rule somewhere that any Arsenal fan given access to the airwaves must mention this within the first 20 seconds – and Rafa for not being Bill Shankly.

Like many Arsenal fans, Doug felt Adebayor's goal celebration against Manchester City not only departed from the narrative thread, but was provocative, despite conceding that the Togolese international had been the recipient of "dog's abuse" – another expression unheard outside phone-in land – from Arsenal supporters.

Most of the hundreds of ex-players earning a crust in punditry disagreed. Danny Mills on BBC 5 Live, Alan Shearer on Match of the Day, and Micky Quinn on Talksport were three who took a more benign view, feeling he might be excused, either because of the emotion of the moment, or the cumulative effect of the dog's abuse. My view is that one option, little discussed at the weekend, is that football fans could – I know this is a revolutionary idea – keep a sense of proportion.

As a West Ham supporter, this is not an easy argument for me, but I know I am not alone in feeling intensely uncomfortable at some of the dog's abuse meted out to Jermain Defoe, Paul Ince and Frank Lampard Jr when they return to Upton Park.

The FA could give a message to all of us by ignoring Adebayor's goal celebration, and concentrating on his kick at Robin van Persie. It all made for an exciting MOTD, irritatingly delayed by Last Night Of The Proms. I timed it to catch the last few bars of Land of Hope and Glory, and then had to wait while the conductor milked it, reprised the song, took more applause, and then invited the so-called Promenaders to join hands and sing Auld Lang Syne. Who are the Promenaders anyway? To me – no offence meant – they just looked like a bunch of geography teachers who had been at the home brew.

After all that, and despite the fact the already delayed programme was now running a further 10 minutes late, the BBC insisted on showing trailers for Strictly Come Dancing, the grand prix, and the other wonderful things they do, which was like someone running for a bus but stopping on the way to look at the scenery and pick a few lupins. Why all the commercials anyway? We already buy the TV licence. By the time the Football League Show appeared, we were deeply into Sunday morning and a chance to be further outraged by more sporting bad behaviour.