You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you like/welcome Owen back  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like/welcome Owen back

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's pay as you play we have nothing to lose.

The only problem is, as I remember it, whenever Owen used to come back from an injury it would usually take him 5 or 6 games to get his touch back and start scoring. He probably isn't going to get any runs of games. Or at least I hope he doesn't as that will mean Torres or Gerrard have picked up a bad injury.

It would hardly thrill me, not because of any history with him, but be´cause I think he is fading fat. A move back to liverpool might reignite something in him, but I am sceptical. i wouldn't be against it, certainly not on those terms, but I would not be gutted if it didn't happen. Hence "not arsed"

We do need to bring in a striker and if we could get Owen on a free then it would allow us to spend our limited budget on other areas. He has got a lot to prove though but as Spy Bee says above, he usually comes back with answers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Owen proves a lot of people wrong next season when he's away from Newcastle, and it would be ace if he does that with us.

We do need to bring in a striker and if we could get Owen on a free then it would allow us to spend our limited budget on other areas. He has got a lot to prove though but as Spy Bee says above, he usually comes back with answers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Owen proves a lot of people wrong next season when he's away from Newcastle, and it would be ace if he does that with us.

Agreed with this, and have been confused at people saying he's shite now when he's just played for a team that got relegated. Newcastle were a shambles all over the pitch so it's not like he was getting any decent service. If he had our team to supply him he'd probably look completely different to what he did at Newcastle.

Agreed with this, and have been confused at people saying he's shite now when he's just played for a team that got relegated. Newcastle were a shambles all over the pitch so it's not like he was getting any decent service. If he had our team to supply him he'd probably look completely different to what he did at Newcastle.

Back in the day, and I'm thinking the day he scored 4 against Nottingham Forest here, he wouldn't have needed supply. Anytime he picked up the ball he looked likely to score. That was 10 years ago now, he's a shadow of that former self really.

If he comes back, I hope you turn out right. He looks like a broken man to me and I'm worried he hasn't got the same motivation anymore. May be coming back to LFC will bring the motivation back.

I won't be dead against his move and I have nothing against the lad but I won't be jumping with joy.

In a heartbeat, maybe I am just being overly optimistic but I think Owen looked finished as he was in a poor Newcastle team.

If he returns he will be used sparingly which will allow him to get fit and stay fit. I also think he will have the extra motivation of wanting to repay us for walking out on us and also proving to the world that he is not washed up.