You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Teardrop Explodes & Julian Cope

Hazel Motes

I've been listening to Teardrop Exlpodes for almost a decade, collected their records on vinyl and all (I consider myself a fan, I even like the later Julian Cope records) BUT I've NEVER for once realized that they're from Liverpool.

That's really funny, cause I've had interest in the city (for non-GF-reasons) at least 20 years. Just found it very weird...

And I like to know if they're is any other living TE fans, who's been to concerts or stuff?

I used to work with Gary Dwyer who was the drummer.

Mad bastards them lot. Kilimanjaro is a belter though.

I used to go to school with Gary's brother Danny who used to tell me all their secrets. Wasn't that impressed at the time. Correct about Kilimanjaro though, quality.

I used to work with Gary Dwyer who was the drummer.

Mad bastards them lot. Kilimanjaro is a belter though.

I used to go to school with Gary's brother Danny who used to tell me all their secrets. Wasn't that impressed at the time. Correct about Kilimanjaro though, quality.

Rep

Cope isn't from Liverpool is he?

No, apparently not.

Wiki: "Born in Deri, Mid Glamorgan, Wales, Cope was raised in Tamworth, Staffordshire, in the English Midlands. He attended the City of Liverpool College of Higher Education (COLCHE - linked to Lancaster University) near Prescot - some years later the college became part of Liverpool Polytechnic as CF Mott Campus."

Cope isn't from Liverpool is he?

He has the least Scouse, Scouse accent ever if he is.

As others have said, Kilimanjaro is a smashing album, and Wilder isn't far behind it. They were an excellent band. Cope is a bit of a self important, arty farty tit though and barring the St.Julian album, his solo stuff is pish.

Remember Cope from when he was playing with Ian McCulloch and Pete Wylie. Kilimanjaro is by far the best thing TE ever did. Saw them at Royal Court (what a shit hole that was) a couple of times.

He has the least Scouse, Scouse accent ever if he is.

As others have said, Kilimanjaro is a smashing album, and Wilder isn't far behind it. They were an excellent band. Cope is a bit of a self important, arty farty tit though and barring the St.Julian album, his solo stuff is pish.

Hey, "The Modern Antiquarian" is ace. A must have coffee table accessory