You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Guest simon
Bojan is an incredible player and is a prodigy, if we get everyone we want and have a chance of signing him then i would jump at the chance. I think he can become one of the best around

Today from the same person that told me about Jesus Fernandez he said we are 100% gonna sign Bojan He will have a medical this week i asked if it was to do with the Masch deal he said he didn't know.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today from the same person that told me about Jesus Fernandez he said we are 100% gonna sign Bojan He will have a medical this week i asked if it was to do with the Masch deal he said he didn't know.

Do you have a slightest clue on how 'The Benitez' could have successfully courted Bojan to move from Barcelona to LFC?

I have a good guess that he could be the next alternative striker to Torres which then tempted him to switch sides. Any takers? But still no matter how good he is, he don't seem fit to work as a lone striker like how Torres could.

BBC SPORT | Football | Gossip | Sunday's gossip column

2010 BST: Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr al-Qassimi, member of a ruling family in the United Arab Emirates, has bought a majority stake in an unnamed Premier League club.

Sheikh Ahmed, a member of the ruling family Ras al-Khaimah, will be honorary chairman of the club.

Ras al-Khaimah is one of seven members in the UAE federation which also includes key oil producer Abu Dhabi and regional trade and tourism hub Dubai. (WAM news agency)

....interesting,i wonder which club it is?

this is interesting.. i read somewhere that if a club is not a PLC one or a 'leading' premier league club, it could have been related to the above..

anyway, here's a list:

Arsenal- PLC, leading

Aston Villa- PLC, could be seen as 'leading', no indications it is for sale

Birmingham- PLC, not leading

Blackburn- PLC, not leading

Bolton- PLC, not leading

Burnley- PLC, not leading

Chelsea- Private, leading, no indications it is for sale

Everton- plc, could be seen as 'leading'

Fulham- Private, not leading

hull- PLC, not leading

Liverpool- Private, leading, indications it could be for sale

Man City- Private, not leading, no indications it is for sale

Man United- Private, leading, no indications it is for sale

Portsmouth- PLC, not leading, under negotiation

Stoke- PLC, not leading

Sunderland- Private, not leading, just taken over

Tottenham- PLC, could be considered as leading,

West ham- PLC, not leading, is for sale

Wigan- PLC, not leading,

Wolves- PLC, not leading,

and it can't be portsmouth Sheikh takes 60% stake in Premier League club - The National Newspaper

n i ve found sth over the net that they claim it's everton..source..

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum: Forums / The Everton Forum / Could this be us ?

go and get some rest blues, will be confirmed by wednesday along with what happens with the current board members.

around the 100m region for 60% they have been robbed hope they have more for moyes this summer.

ban me if this is not true as i now know this is true.

that aside this would rather be US than them.

just my little' two cents.

Edited by Clazsic

Relax its Portsmouth that he his buying

no mate, portsmouth is dealing with sulaiman...here is a source..

Sheikh takes 60% stake in Premier League club - The National Newspaper

by the way, pardon me for my little text speak earlier..They were accidental.

The state news agency did not reveal the name of the club, but speculation was rife in England last night that Sheikh Ahmed may have joined forces with Sulaiman al Fahim, who announced last month that he was acquiring the Portsmouth Football Club.

Portsmouth’s executive chairman, Peter Storrie, concluded the deal with Mr al Fahim at a meeting in Rome. However, a period of full legal and financial due diligence has yet to be commenced.

OK, Johnson is nailed on to come, we will probably be losing Masher (and possibly Alonso too), so that leaves us fucked in midfield, or possibly even uber-fucked if both go.

So we have to buy at least one top-class midfielder.

Like who?

On a striking note, we should also be looking at Darren Bent, because if he leaves Spurs for £10m or whatever, and ends up at Sunderland, we will regret it massively. Buy!

Would take Bojan,as long as it didnt mean losing Masch,

If we're looking at raising the quota of English players at the club, I'd love to see us sign Mark Noble from West Ham.

I think he's a cracking little player who'd improve playing with quality teammates, though hopefully we won't need to look at other midfielders this summer.

Then I think it is West Ham.. but it could be us because I doubt the bank that owns West Ham would want to only sell 60%. I can imagine the two cunts selling 30% each though.

If the last two years have proved anything, it's that you can never have too many owners

If we're looking at raising the quota of English players at the club, I'd love to see us sign Mark Noble from West Ham.

I think he's a cracking little player who'd improve playing with quality teammates, though hopefully we won't need to look at other midfielders this summer.

I'll second that. Brillant footballer, brillant attitude. Best young english midfielder out there by a country mile IMO.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Leto set for Panathinaikos

Liverpool winger Sebastian Leto has revealed he is almost certain to move to Panathinaikos in the near future.

The 22-year-old is set to leave the Reds after it was discovered he would have little or no chance of gaining a work permit due to his lack of appearances on Merseyside.

The Argentine only joined the club in the summer of 2007 and spent the entire of last season on loan at Greek side Olympiakos.

The former Lanus youngster admits that he would have preferred to make his move to the Greek champions permanent but the offer never came.

"I am very close to Panathinaikos," he said. "There are negotiations between Panathinaikos and Liverpool and as far as I know the two sides are very close to a deal.

Almost certain

"I think that the possibilities to play at Panathinaikos next season right now are more than 90 per cent.

"I have been waiting for something from Olympiakos all these weeks but they didn't make a move to buy me so far.

"It's not a matter of money. I wanted to stay at Olympiakos but since they don't want to sign me I have to think about my future."

Noble is a great shout, West Ham wouldnt be able to turn down a decent bid for him.

If were looking for a young English central midfield player, we have one, Jay Spearing, our best prospect since Mellor IMHO. Why on earth sign Noble when Spearing is there ?

If were being hypothetical, and thinking Masch and Xabi will go, then double the reason not to sign him, however good he is, Noble isnt good enough to be a 1st choice player in the title chasing team, he's the new Scott Parker, solid english pro but not good enough for us thanks and besides, if we did lose both, we'd have 60 m plus to spend on replacements.

If we want english, up and coming we've spearing, if we want 1st choice, he's not good enough so no nay never.

If were looking for a young English central midfield player, we have one, Jay Spearing, our best prospect since Mellor IMHO. Why on earth sign Noble when Spearing is there ?

If were being hypothetical, and thinking Masch and Xabi will go, then double the reason not to sign him, however good he is, Noble isnt good enough to be a 1st choice player in the title chasing team, he's the new Scott Parker, solid english pro but not good enough for us thanks and besides, if we did lose both, we'd have 60 m plus to spend on replacements.

If we want english, up and coming we've spearing, if we want 1st choice, he's not good enough so no nay never.

Noble is twice the player that Spearing is! Literally as well as figuratively, sorry but at the moment you could not compare the two, I like Noble and think he would be a great addition. don't think it will happen though.

Not sure I agree about Spearing, but if Noble is the answer I really wonder what the question is.

I would be happy with Parker though.

Not sure I agree about Spearing, but if Noble is the answer I really wonder what the question is.I would be happy with Parker though.

which player from West Ham looks like Godol Bordello?

PAY ATTENTION!

Looks like its just me and you regarding Parker though!