You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see it myself. He just doesn't fit with United. In the same way Torres didn't fit with United or Chelsea.

I reckon Atleti will hang on to him for at least a couple of years before he goes to Barcelona.

Atletico open to Aguero offers

Madrid could sell striker if they receive an 'interesting offer'

By Richard Bailey Last updated: 12th June 2009

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has hinted that they could sell prize asset Sergio Aguero if they receive an 'interesting offer'.

The 21-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Vicente Calderon, with Chelsea reportedly switching their attention towards the Argentinean after missing out on Kaka and David Villa.

The former Independiente youngster has been tipped to move to a more high-profile club for some time, with Atletico showing no signs of challenging for honours in the near future.

The Madrid club have so far maintained that Aguero is not for sale, but Cerezo has let his guard down for the first time by revealing that they may well sell if a bid is too good to refuse.

"We will open talks if an interesting offer is made," Cerezo told French radio station RMC.

No offers made

"Many people have spoken about Aguero but the truth is that Atletico have not been contacted by any suitor."

The news may also arouse Manchester United as they look to fill the void left by the imminent departure of Cristiano Ronaldo.

However, Aguero could almost take his pick of Europe's elite clubs if he did decide to leave Atletico after scoring 37 league goals in his last two seasons.

Sky Sports | Football | Primera Division | News | Atletico open to Aguero offers

Saviola, not for me! Can't stand the thought of picking up another Real Madrid cast-off!

Ageuro, if only we could afford him!

Levazzi looks interesting, I like his first name - Eziequiel, has a bit of character about it, but, is he any good, any reports from people in the know?

Silva has to be our best prospect of a 'big name' signing! Failing that it looks like we will be limited to he purchase of one or two 'middle range' grafters - we need a right back.

However, if were to lose either Alonso or Mashcerano, the dynamic of the transfer window would take a significant lurch into 'deep water'. Severe competition out there with Citeh, Abramovich and the Manc's wandering around the world with wallets stuffed to bursting point, not to mention RM, who seem to be sitting on a seamingly bottomless pit of money! Finding a replacement for either or both of those lad's would be damm near impossible.

What happened to that Brazilian lad (can't remember his name) that we almost signed in January to replace Keane, he seems to have slipped off the red-top rag speculation lists?

Serie A: De Laurentiis on Lavezzi | Setanta

“When you play for a team, you defend the colours of the city and, if you get drunk and visit prostitutes, you are betraying the people of that city"

Shrek will show him the way!

Maybe he's into S&M. Gets into trouble with his bird for visiting prostitutes, so she gives him 50 lashes with her belt for his troubles

Road rage, man rage, all the same to her.

Yeah, I have no longer permission and confidence to chat bout Vincken deal, or so they say. Therefore I can not reveal that City might be a bit interested in the player. Fukk they say it's because of internet rumours that City has entered the affair!!! :eek::eek::eek:You may draw own conclusions ... It towers up to a storm! I hope that Liverpool win the fight, but then I also follow Feyenoord, so I also want the Rotterdam club to receive the hack they deserve for having brought such an extraordinary talent. I have no new SMS:es to show :wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:, unfortunately, only here say. According to sources within Feye City is trying to outbid LFC for Vicken, but since there was already an agreed fee City can only match it and look to compete in the wages/bonus-section. I've heard that the offered wage is monstrous! :whoops::whoops::whoops:

And I'd fukkin love to cite on of Vickens rap songs right now if you mates don't mind yo:

Ik denk dat mijn toekomstige versie en ik lachen rat, zult u spijt dat u gekocht me, ik zal gewoon zitten met mijn contract, het salaris dat ik, ben ik van plan om te consumeren de prullenbak, drugs en wapens, ik sepla, Ik spuug mijn team-in ogen. ha ha ha

:drool::drool:;);):whistle::whistle::wow::wow::yes::yes::P:P

Edited by Quaresma

FFS! i actually think Hughes the clueless barsted has no transfer targets of his own, Citeh are really becoming the team i love to hate

Quaresma you mentioned us to be in for a diffrent dutch player,any ideas who that would

Atletico open to Aguero offers

Madrid could sell striker if they receive an 'interesting offer'

By Richard Bailey Last updated: 12th June 2009

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has hinted that they could sell prize asset Sergio Aguero if they receive an 'interesting offer'.

The 21-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Vicente Calderon, with Chelsea reportedly switching their attention towards the Argentinean after missing out on Kaka and David Villa.

The former Independiente youngster has been tipped to move to a more high-profile club for some time, with Atletico showing no signs of challenging for honours in the near future.

The Madrid club have so far maintained that Aguero is not for sale, but Cerezo has let his guard down for the first time by revealing that they may well sell if a bid is too good to refuse.

"We will open talks if an interesting offer is made," Cerezo told French radio station RMC.

No offers made

"Many people have spoken about Aguero but the truth is that Atletico have not been contacted by any suitor."

The news may also arouse Manchester United as they look to fill the void left by the imminent departure of Cristiano Ronaldo.

However, Aguero could almost take his pick of Europe's elite clubs if he did decide to leave Atletico after scoring 37 league goals in his last two seasons.

Sky Sports | Football | Primera Division | News | Atletico open to Aguero offers

Every player is for sale at the right price. Thats a nothing quote.

Yeah, I have no longer permission and confidence to chat bout Vincken deal, or so they say. Therefore I can not reveal that City might be a bit interested in the player. Fukk they say it's because of internet rumours that City has entered the affair!!! :eek::eek::eek:You may draw own conclusions ... It towers up to a storm! I hope that Liverpool win the fight, but then I also follow Feyenoord, so I also want the Rotterdam club to receive the hack they deserve for having brought such an extraordinary talent. I have no new SMS:es to show :wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:, unfortunately, only here say. According to sources within Feye City is trying to outbid LFC for Vicken, but since there was already an agreed fee City can only match it and look to compete in the wages/bonus-section. I've heard that the offered wage is monstrous! :whoops::whoops::whoops:

And I'd fukkin love to cite on of Vickens rap songs right now if you mates don't mind yo:

Ik denk dat mijn toekomstige versie en ik lachen rat, zult u spijt dat u gekocht me, ik zal gewoon zitten met mijn contract, het salaris dat ik, ben ik van plan om te consumeren de prullenbak, drugs en wapens, ik sepla, Ik spuug mijn team-in ogen. ha ha ha

:drool::drool:;);):whistle::whistle::wow::wow::yes::yes::P:P

I can't neg you again unfortunately. If you are older than 13, I'd be astonished.

Is there any fucking reason (apart from the obvious) why the fuck you can't post without the over excessive use of gay smileys and ridiclous fonts?

FFS! i actually think Hughes the clueless barsted has no transfer targets of his own, Citeh are really becoming the team i love to hate

Quaresma you mentioned us to be in for a diffrent dutch player,any ideas who that would

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous isn't it. This Vincken business reeks of Parry if you ask me.

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous isn't it. This Vincken business reeks of Parry if you ask me.

Thats not a bad shout actually,with Parry rumoured to be a City target himself...yep...its official.. i hate Manchester United,Chelsea,Everton/Man Shitty in that order, fuck off and sign your Shaun Goaters,Uwe Roslers and Paul Dickovs

this is the Citeh i knew of, Captains scoring superb own goals :P

Edited by Kopkid09
mistake

Daily Mail saying Rafa hopes to sign Glen Johnson in the next few days for £17m. Can't see it happening myself but as he missed out on Barry he may be willing to pay over the odds for Johnson and his englishness. If it did happen perhaps Arbeloa will go back to Spain to help finance it with Darby/Degen as back-up.

Daily Mail saying Rafa hopes to sign Glen Johnson in the next few days for £17m. Can't see it happening myself but as he missed out on Barry he may be willing to pay over the odds for Johnson and his englishness. If it did happen perhaps Arbeloa will go back to Spain to help finance it with Darby/Degen as back-up.

Its interesting because he would actually only cost us around 10m, due to portsmouth owing us 7m for crouch still.

If the price was at around 14m, and we knocked off the 7m, that means we could get him for only 7m - which would be a great signing IMHO.

Its interesting because he would actually only cost us around 10m, due to portsmouth owing us 7m for crouch still.

If the price was at around 14m, and we knocked off the 7m, that means we could get him for only 7m - which would be a great signing IMHO.

... That 6 or 7m that they owe us is still money. We wouldn't be getting him for 7m, we'd be getting him for 14m.

Let's not act like we're getting a 'friendly' discount.

... That 6 or 7m that they owe us is still money. We wouldn't be getting him for 7m, we'd be getting him for 14m.

Yeah, Pompey owing us money isn't really that relevant. The only way it might be is if they were due to pay us some of it next year in which case writing it off now might increase this year's budget but decrease next summer's.

I hope we get him for a decent price next week. We could do with a signing to calm people's nerves.

Yeah, Pompey owing us money isn't really that relevant. The only way it might be is if they were due to pay us some of it next year in which case writing it off now might increase this year's budget but decrease next summer's.

I hope we get him for a decent price next week. We could do with a signing to calm people's nerves.

Ofcourse it matters. We wouldnt be able to use that 7m in this summers transfer budget would we? We would probably only get a percentage of it. The only way we can utlisize all of that money this year is through transfer dealings with Portsmouth.

Ofcourse its not a discount, and not a friendly one, its what we're owed, but it means our transfer budget stretches that much further.

Ofcourse it matters. We wouldnt be able to use that 7m in this summers transfer budget would we? We would probably only get a percentage of it. The only way we can utlisize all of that money this year is through transfer dealings with Portsmouth.

Ofcourse its not a discount, and not a friendly one, its what we're owed, but it means our transfer budget stretches that much further.

That's not true, well in the real word, I know it is in CM which is why it's a common misconception. It's common to secure loans based on money you'll get in the future. Show a bank a proper promissory note and they'll up your overdraft no problem.

Do you know when we're due those payments? No? Neither do I.

What I'm saying is that we'd still be paying a ridiculous price.

Do you know when we're due those payments? No? Neither do I.

What I'm saying is that we'd still be paying a ridiculous price.

Yeah your right, ofcourse im simply speculating about this whole 7m malarky, nobody knows shit truthfully.

in terms of johnson..

Unfortunately, that is the price you pay for players who can significantly improve your team.

In arbeloa we have one of the most consistant right backs in the league, so if you want to improve in the position, you will most likely pay a fair amount.

Alves, Bosingwa, Maicon - all of these will command a fee of 16m+ and they are foreign. Its common law that british players are bound to cost premium amounts. All in all, figuirs around 16m for Johnson is hardly ridiculous in todays market. The market is ridiculous, not his value specifically.

Hes a good player but id be awfully dissapointed if he was our major signing.