You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No, I think Galloway is right, if the Lib vote collapses in Scotland then Clegg will be forced into a rethink and that will the signal the beginning of the end of the coalition, thought that Galloway and Campbell were both excellent tonight and regardless of who did better they both owned Simon Hughes and Spelman.

Though Spelman was not as uncomfortable as Gove was last week when teacher after teacher in the audience took apart his plans, though I liked his passion he has just not thought through these policy changes in the same way that the NHS changes seem undercooked.

I don't think Clegg will rethink, he went out on a whim and a prayer joining the tories and to admit he got it wrong would be the end of his leadership. Clegg is an ambitious mother fucker and he wont vote for his own demise.

Clegg will struggle on until he is ousted, that is the only way this coalition will end.

No, he was (apparently) a member of the Cambridge University Conservative Association for a year, which isn't the same thing.

Ed Balls was, similarly, a member of the Oxford University equivalent, ostensibly for the lively functions they used to have (which seems like a fair enough excuse) - are you going to claim he "joined the Tories" too?

Fucking double standard hypocritical bullshit.

Eric Pickles was a Communist from a Labour family until the Soviet Union invaded Czechoslovakia, prompting him to join the Tory party. No fucked-up reasoning processes there.

I don't think Clegg will rethink, he went out on a whim and a prayer joining the tories and to admit he got it wrong would be the end of his leadership. Clegg is an ambitious mother fucker and he wont vote for his own demise.

Clegg will struggle on until he is ousted, that is the only way this coalition will end.

Yes, I think that you are right but I think the catylyst could be the Scottish elections, he will come under pressure to change and if he doesn't they will get rid. Clegg is ambitious, but he is not alone and those below him will get rid f him rather than risk getting booted out of a job.

I think if this were to happen it would not surprise me at all if Clegg became a fully paid up Tory.

I seldom get involved but given who's running the country now (and how this came about) how can you be upset with what JER posted SD?

He said Clegg joined the Tories at Cambridge, that's what my issue is with. It's not true. Ed Balls did exactly what Clegg did.

As you well know, I said the last line. Far too offensive. You're the neg-happy cunt around here. So I'll just neg you and move on. Thanks all the same. Fucker.

Calling someone's argument hypocritical bullshit is "far too offensive"? You've got a fucking cheek bearing in mind the stuff you've been saying about me.

You also clearly have a difficulty distinguishing between attacks on someone's opinion, and personal attacks on the individual. I deal almost exclusively in the former, and only recourse to the latter when someone makes a personal attack on me. I never initiate attacks on the individual - play the argument, not the man.

Your own hypocrisy is laid wide open for everyone to see here. I'm not in the same league of offensive as you. You can call me a cunt, fantasist, fucker, and Christ knows what else, and that's apparently okay, yet I accuse someone of hypocrisy and that's "over the top"? Someone pick the bones out of that one.

Oh, and just so you know, it makes a mockery of your claim to be "politically independent" when your actions are indistinguishable from those of a Labour shill.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Calling someone's argument hypocritical bullshit is "far too offensive"?

Far too offensive for what it was, in my opinion. My neg is based on my opinion. Accept your bum slap like a big boy.

You also clearly have a difficulty distinguishing between attacks on someone's opinion, and personal attacks on the individual.

No I don't. You're regressing into your own little world again.

I deal almost exclusively in the former, and only recourse to the latter when someone makes a personal attack on me. I never initiate attacks on the individual - play the argument, not the man.

Hahaha.

Your own hypocrisy is laid wide open for everyone to see here.

In your own little world, you are 'everyone'.

Oh, and just so you know, it makes a mockery of your claim to be "politically independent" when your actions are indistinguishable from those of a Labour shill.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm always up for education of somebody as ignorant as you.

There has been a huge upturn in the hostility you've shown towards me in the last month or two, and the latest stuff has been downright nasty. It's getting to the point where I dread new posts in these threads and reading all these horrible and upsetting things about me. You're not even trying to hide it. I suggest that if you'd rather be petulant than be civil, you should put me on your ignore list, or learn to focus your attack on what I say and not on me personally. There's no excuse for it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Awww. You're playing the victim. Again. After years of belittling people and being abusive, it's quite refreshing to see you 'upset'. The reason I've been more aggressive is because, despite continually debating the issues - including very lengthy replies - you get to a point where you don't even bother. So I'm letting you know what I really think. I'm sorry that you feel upset by me suggesting you live in your own little world, but that's genuinely how I feel. If, as seems clear, you feel that's bollocks, then just dismiss it.

I think it's overwhelmingly clear that I have spent a fair amount of times and typing on the issues and civility rather than petulance.

Awww. You're playing the victim. Again. After years of belittling people and being abusive, it's quite refreshing to see you 'upset'. The reason I've been more aggressive is because, despite continually debating the issues - including very lengthy replies - you get to a point where you don't even bother. So I'm letting you know what I really think. I'm sorry that you feel upset by me suggesting you live in your own little world, but that's genuinely how I feel. If, as seems clear, you feel that's bollocks, then just dismiss it.

I think it's overwhelmingly clear that I have spent a fair amount of times and typing on the issues and civility rather than petulance.

The only people I've ever belittled or been abusive to are people who have done that to me first. You're welcome to find a single example of me belittling or abusing someone off the bat, just one. I'll tell you now you won't find one because it's never happened. Anyone who gets that from me is getting it as a proportionate response, not a first strike. I'm not an Internet bully.

Missed this due to exams. How did Galloway do? I assume he ripped the panel apart.

Meh. If you've heard him once, you've heard him a thousand times. Him and Alastair Campbell both looked desperately ill though. Maybe the mass murders committed by their bosom pals Saddam and Blair are weighing heavily on their souls, who knows.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Maybe the mass murders committed by their bosom pals Saddam

You just don't stop with the bullshit, do you. To come to that conclusion takes one of two things: A genuine disengagement with known facts, or spoonfuls of willful ignorance. Either way, to call Galloway a 'bosom pal' of Saddam Hussein is pretty ridiculous.

Shall I save you the trouble of typing out the single sentence of 'proof' you've got for this nonsense?

You just don't stop with the bullshit, do you. To come to that conclusion takes one of two things: A genuine disengagement with known facts, or spoonfuls of willful ignorance. Either way, to call Galloway a 'bosom pal' of Saddam Hussein is pretty ridiculous.

Shall I save you the trouble of typing out the single sentence of 'proof' you've got for this nonsense?

No, I think you should probably ignore the entire post. That advice holds for every other time I use hyperbole for effect, which is a lot of times, so save us both the bother.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No, I think you should probably ignore the entire post.

I couldn't give a fuck what you think I should ignore. I'm not going to ignore this disgraceful sort of scurrilous nonsense. Nonsense that you've tried to cover-up after the fact by calling it 'hyperbole'. It's bollocks, not hyperbole.

I know you're used to ignoring things, but I'm the one who choses what I want to reply to. Thanks all that same.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The only people I've ever belittled or been abusive to are people who have done that to me first. You're welcome to find a single example of me belittling or abusing someone off the bat, just one.

Okay then. Here's a prime example of you belittling somebody without them having done anything to you:

Your opinion is worth shit then, isn't it?

I'll tell you now you won't find one because it's never happened.

Oh dear.

That's your example? Me telling one of the FF meffs who has been negged into the red that his opinion is shit? Dear oh dear.

L19red's example was better, albeit that comment (I think) came in a neg and not on the forum. L19, if it makes you feel better, I felt bad about putting that in your neg. I think I got you mixed up with lifetime fan :whistle:

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That's your example? Me telling one of the FF meffs who has been negged into the red that his opinion is shit? Dear oh dear.

Ah, replying to somebody who says 'he's not even a good squad player, in my opinion' with 'your opinion is worth shit' doesn't count as 'just one' example of you 'ever' belittling somebody 'off the bat'. Not in your little world, perhaps.

I didn't even search - although, you've done it many times - it was just something I came across whilst reading a thread. There's two examples in this thread already. I'll just put it with the rest of the spoon-counting material

L19red's example was better, albeit that comment (I think) came in a neg and not on the forum. L19, if it makes you feel better, I felt bad about putting that in your neg. I think I got you mixed up with lifetime fan :whistle:

You sent plenty of negs this way but not that one yet.

Ah, replying to somebody who says 'he's not even a good squad player, in my opinion' with 'your opinion is worth shit' doesn't count as 'just one' example of you 'ever' belittling somebody 'off the bat'. Not in your little world, perhaps.

I reserve the right to tell the Momos, myposts and other fly-by-nights and trolls of the FF that they're talking shit. I don't feel remotely bad about it. You do exactly the same. There's a world of difference between that and hurling insult after insult at established members in what should be a civilised discussion on the GF.

apology accepted.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I reserve the right to tell the Momos, myposts and other fly-by-nights and trolls of the FF that they're talking shit. I don't feel remotely bad about it. You do exactly the same. There's a world of difference between that and hurling insult after insult at established members in what should be a civilised discussion on the GF.

Right, I'm glad we can agree that your previous statement about not belittling people unless they start something was utter bollocks. Glad we can come together like this.

Numero Nueve, are you going to tell me why this is "well over the top", or will you stick to negging without engaging the argument?

JER stated that Clegg "joined the Tories" which is not only demonstrably false, but given that Ed Balls joined exactly the same kind of Tory student association, it represents hypocrisy and double standards on JER's part to excuse Balls from the same accusation.

Just out of interest, is it wise for you to complain about me negging you without argument (you know, like this) in the same post as accusing somebody of hypocrisy?

You know what, I've no interest in talking about this any more. I've had enough. The last thing I want is a ridiculous feud, like the one you have with dennis tooth, spoiling people's enjoyment of the forum. This is my last post on it. From now on, you can argue with yourself. Have fun.