You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nick Ferrari is an annoying cunt. Galloway made a good point about the underclass then though.

He makes those points and yeah they are valid, but you never feel its anything more than a broadcast for himself though with little actual regard for those he claims to represent/fight for.

He makes those points and yeah they are valid, but you never feel its anything more than a broadcast for himself though with little actual regard for those he claims to represent/fight for.

He's a Valjean character no doubt but he can hold court. Seems to have mellowed a bit too, time was he'd be the loudest voice on this panel but I've hardly heard a peep, seems almost not arsed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I know he's a bit wild, I know he's a but of a demagogue, but Galloway is a very intelligent, very knowledgeable man.

Any British person christened Francis who choses not to be known as Frank is deeply suspect.

Ace.

I know he's a bit wild, I know he's a but of a demagogue, but Galloway is a very intelligent, very knowledgeable man.

Agree, his performance in the US Senate was something to behold, a Senate hasn't seen shit like that since Cicero.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Any British person christened Francis who choses not to be known as Frank is deeply suspect.

Brilliant!

Agree, his performance in the US Senate was something to behold, a Senate hasn't seen shit like that since Cicero.

He was calculate and attacking. Superb. He always strikes me as a bit of a tit, but he's one hell of a knowledgeable prick. He's taken apart MPs with Oxbridge degrees on many occasion.

Always end up staying up until the end of This Week and regretting it when I get woken up by a screaming child at 5.30am. Galloway was superb on the NHS debate. Francis Maude is a credit to this coalition - the new politics get's more progressive by the week.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Luckily he isn't a clock, he's a cunt. Funny thing is that in his VT before hand, he acknowledged the same thing that Galloway did.

I'm not shocked that you don't like Galloway. He's as knowledgeable as almost anybody in the world about the middle east and takes umbrage with the Israelis. He doesn't like the Conservatives. He is religious. He represents many Muslims. Hardly a surprise.

Though, he's stinging in his attacks on New Labour, so you might have something in common there.

I'm not shocked that you don't like Galloway. He's as knowledgeable as almost anybody in the world about the middle east and takes umbrage with the Israelis. He doesn't like the Conservatives. He is religious. He represents many Muslims. Hardly a surprise.

It's not really anything to do with those things, it's more the arse-licking of dictators, apologism for Islamic fundamentalists (and creationism) and support for terrorists I have a problem with.

It's not really anything to do with those things, it's more the arse-licking of dictators, apologism for Islamic fundamentalists (and creationism) and support for terrorists I have a problem with.

You mean dictators like Pinoche, the Junta, the Shah, Sadamn (oh yes, George wasn't the only one who wined and dined him) to name but a few?

And fundamentalists like the Saudi Arabaian Wahabists, Osama Bin Laden, again to name but a few?

Totally agree.

Well, I'm not going to be defending the regime of George HW Bush any time soon.

Though I would imagine the only reason Galloway didn't sell Saddam weapons is because he didn't have any to sell.

After all, Jihad George might be VP of the "Stop the War Coalition" but he's not anti-war - just on the other side.

Dog, do you deem terrorism to be morally worse than violence actioned out by states? I always struggle to see why you would deem it more acceptable if the terrorism has been sanctioned by some people who convinced 40% of the voters in a country to vote for them. I apologise if I'm misrepresenting you there but I recall we've had debates about "legitimacy" before.

I think democratically-elected governments have more moral legitimacy than those that aren't democratically-elected, including the legitimate use of violence. That is a hypothetical though, and I prefer to consider real-world examples.