You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reports linking Keane with City.

Xherdan

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Juve offer of 14 million was accepted and Xabi had a meeting(s) with Juventus officials.

That was speculation it wasn't true if i remember straight.

Speedyg, tell me what game you want to come to? any fucking game you want.

Then you can listen to non internet supporters.

Just p.m any game, your ticket is there.

atk I wish i was a moaning fucker now and that offer was open to me

i'd have the Man U away game please

I want to be there when we rip them a new one

He met with them. He played hardball though so they pulled on the deal and got *guffaw* Poulsen instead.

Do you have proof he met with them. Is there any proof he did. It was all speculation there wasn't any offer accepted for him because what we wanted was to high. I was in Spain at the time like so im not 100% sure but i did remember reading something about it not being true.

atk I wish i was a moaning fucker now and that offer was open to me

i'd have the Man U away game please

I want to be there when we rip them a new one

Me too.

Do you have proof he met with them. Is there any proof he did. It was all speculation there wasn't any offer accepted for him because what we wanted was to high. I was in Spain at the time like so im not 100% sure but i did remember reading something about it not being true.

Yeah hold on and I text him now and ask him.

It wasn't speculation. He met with them.

Yeah hold on and I text him now and ask him.

It wasn't speculation. He met with them.

If you say so. The only source of this was Italian daily Corriere dello Sport the same people that said the Agger deal to Milan was done.

Spurs turn to Liverpool outcast Keane after Fred's no-show as Harry lines up Jenas or Lennon as makeweight

By Tom Collomosse Last updated at 10:39 AM on 28th January 2009

Harry Redknapp was today considering offering Aaron Lennon or Jermaine Jenas to Liverpool in an attempt to prise Robbie Keane from Anfield.

The Tottenham boss is now desperate to sign a new front man after Lyon striker Fred failed to turn up for talks with him yesterday.

Spurs had turned their attention to Fred after Kenwyne Jones signed a new four-and-a-half year contract with Sunderland but the Brazilian's no-show has tested the patience of Redknapp, who has only five days left until the transfer window closes.

The Spurs boss said: 'He was supposed to come in, but he didn't turn up, so I wouldn't bet on him coming in. The plan was for me to meet him and have a chat with him, so I don't know what happened. He is out of contract in the summer, so I believe Lyon are looking for a small fee.'

Redknapp still believes his squad needs more firepower, even though Spurs hit three goals in 20 minutes in last night's 3-1 win over Stoke. He still believes he has a genuine chance of bringing Keane, who left north London to move to Anfield for £20.3million last July, back to the club and is prepared to offer Jenas or Lennon and cash in a player swap.

Liverpool still owe Spurs £11m for Keane, which would be written off were the 28-year-old to return to his old club.

Keane has been named in the squad for tonight's Premier League game at Wigan, but Benitez refused to confirm whether his £20m summer signing had an Anfield future.

'Clearly he is our player and in the squad for tomorrow, and that's it,' said Benitez.

'I want to see him scoring goals. I don't need to sell any players. We are in the title race, I want to keep all the players. We don't need to sell anyone.

'He [Keane] knows he can play better. Everyone knows he's better than the one we are watching on the pitch sometimes.'

Spurs turn to Liverpool outcast Keane after Fred's no-show as Harry lines up Jenas or Lennon as makeweight | Mail Online