You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Left foot braking

devilsadvocate

Guest davelfc

I drive an automatic now and use my left foot for breaking all of the time. If you Kart then you need to do that as well.

But I remember many years ago trying it and you don't forget it the first time.

You are so used to pushing down the clutch with your left foot that you won't be able to help yourself push down hard on the brake.

Guest davelfc
It's frightening... but kinda fun. Ever tried driving at night with no lights on?

About 25 years ago on the M53, was about 3am. I didn't pass a single car, I even pulled over and had a piss in the middle of the motorway.

I sort of cheated as there was a full moon.

Hehe, this thread is ace. I consider myself an ace driver (who doesn't) but it was funny to realise what a complete mong my left foot is when asked to do something as simple as break.

I haven't driven with no lights on but I have driven in pissing down right with a snapped off wiper that I had to lean out of the drivers window and try to use manually. You know like with my hand and stuff. Like swishing away with it and that.

When driving your car try and brake with your left foot rather than your right!!

Apologies - when I saw the title of the thread - I thought you were a spaz that had spelt breaking wrong!!!

Most Humble apologies but in fairness to me its wasnt an unfair assumption to make here!!

Next time, try it when some arsehole is driving right up the back of you.

Not only do you shit ya pants, but the look on the guy behind you is immense.

:laugh:

Oh the joys of driving tomfoolery

This however can only be topped by hand brake turning in the snow.

At least with left foot braking you have a degree of control, handbrake turning in the snow is ace, becuase you know for a fact that you ain't gonna avoid hitting something withn the arse end of the car.

:drool: