You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The new doctor

WaltonRed

This weekend's episode was belting. Loved it.

I have tried to rep you twice today, but alas I need to spread it around.

Very, very impressed with Matt Smith, and for what it's worth I thought that Ecclestone was fantastic and that Tennant was a cock who put me off watching the show.

I have tried to rep you twice today, but alas I need to spread it around.

Very, very impressed with Matt Smith, and for what it's worth I thought that Ecclestone was fantastic and that Tennant was a cock who put me off watching the show.

I'm not sure Tennant was the problem, you know, I think it was more Russell T Davies writing him as some tortured, angsty, tedious character forever lamenting the lonelines of being the Doctor. And essentially made Billie Piper and her epic teeth the star of the show.

I'm not sure Tennant was the problem, you know, I think it was more Russell T Davies writing him as some tortured, angsty, tedious character forever lamenting the lonelines of being the Doctor. And essentially made Billie Piper and her epic teeth the star of the show.

And also adding a whole load of unneccesary campness. That whole thing that he was trying to get going between The Doctor and Captain Jack was just rubbish.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I didn't think I'd ever like the bow tie, but it really suits him. I think he is going to be a very good Doctor.

Smith's got more of an air of unpredictability, and I liked his rage at Amy when she hadn't told him everything. Bit unsure about the Dalek episode coming up, as I think all the recent Dalek episodes have been shit (apart from watching them fight the Cybermen). Hopefully there can be some genuine fear involved.

Although that said, I really really liked the Eccleston Dalek episode. I thought that was really strong.

• 2 months later...
Best episode I've seen in years. Superb stuff. And I quite liked the orchestral bit, thought it added a lot to the atmosphere.

Straight out of Indy, literally. Watching the confidential, the director played the music on set (or "playback") to get the actors into the mood.

Great episode and am impressed with the series but expected it too. Only one or two fillers (vampires in Venice and the 2nd part of Weeping angles which I thought was shit).