You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.

Is she advocating a possible war between the US and Russia, or between Alaska and Russia? Send in the Polar Bears and the Arctic Fox Lancers!

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, first debate on live tonight. Can't wait to watch it at work.

That's going to be like watching a car crash. McCain just comes across as pretty feeble IMO, and he's actually got worse over the last six months. Was watching the news before and the correspondant was saying he'd 'raced back to wash-eeng-ten' and didn't actually do or say anything in any of the meetings.

The more I see of McCain the more I think he's just a front for others in the party, he probably doesn't even know it.

Obama though, no matter what some might think of him, can talk a fucking good game, and seems extremely intelligent too.

ubsUQKd9c7c

Palin's first interview.

Who's that hiding in the FOX News intro???

[YOUTUBE]OSAOQuLxSdY[/YOUTUBE]

Subliminal messaging at it's best.:|

fNx22TH7FfU

Watch McCain and the Republicans get bitchslapped.

Some great insights into the American media coverage of the campaign there. Cheers lads. I don't know whether to be encouraged or frightened, though. The passion and coruscating invective from the "Goodnight and Good Luck" guy is admirable, as was the probing interview with Palin that revealed how out of her depth she is. However, what was alarming was the subversive partisanship of a "news" organisation. What would also be alarming would be an absence of similar levels of scrutiny of the Obama campaign. Does anyone have any examples of that please? For all my fear of another Republican presidency under those two clowns, I'm still far from convinced by Obama's empty mantra of change and he should be held to account for it.

L8__aXxXPVc

Christ - open derision. However, he's fucking right. What a disgrace that answer was. How can she not be prepared for these questions? She comes across as simple-minded and panicky there in the face of one simple - and fundamental - question. It's not as if the interviewer is even haranguing her, either; she has the sense to just shut up and let her subject hang herself. I mean, fucking hell, she's even looking down at her crib sheets as she speaks. What a fucking clown.

I really appreciate these clips you're putting up, Pat. Nice one.

Really? I thought Obama won, several well placed digs about the stupid stuff McCain has said, and he actually seemed to know what he was talking about at times. McCain went off on little stories too often when he was trying to avoid proper debating, and it didn't help that Obama was starring him down the entire time with a murderous look while McCain stared at his paper..

That Palin interview with Fox was about as indepth as a paddling pool. It's disgraceful that she's shielded so much from the press.

If anyone over here wants to watch Media satire of the American media machine, watch the Daily Show on More4 at 8:30pm every night; Jon Stewart is a legend.

I watched Sarah Palin's speech (on telly) at the Republican convention, and regardless of whether or not I agreed with her ideas, it was fairly impressive. She certainly helped to rouse the Republican's and we thus saw them go up in the polls.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and it looks like there's no real substance there (as many suspected). That interview is cringeworthy.