You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I knew we had it in us to play that well,weve been playing shite and a few people were saying we were never going to play well,well theres your answer.

We always seem to come to form around this time of the season.The only difference between now and previous seasons is we kept getting points when we played shite.Keep it up lads keep playing well and we will have a good year.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I think he had a very good game today, I've said as much in my MoM post in the MoM thread. I just think a striker needs to score on chances from 3 meters out and when they dont it needs t be highlighted, because this is what they are bought to do.

So by that Keane has a torrid game then??

I dont think a striker should be judged only on his goal returns, especially with Kuyt as he offers so much more than just goals. He is a unique foward....

Overall I thought Dirk played well which is not surprising seeing as he was up front - his position.

I was fuming with him after that second miss though - the first one wasn't easy but that second one should have been scored and in games like these, things like that can make a difference.

By the way, I don't think it's nice seeing people give Keane stick just to defend Kuyt, what's all that about? Dirk's been here (and struggled a bit to be fair) for much longer than Keane so people have more right to criticise Dirk than someone who's been here for five minutes.

Loving Dirk is no crime, but trying to criticise someone else to back him up isn't right.

It's like a great weight has dropped off us - massive result in every way. Great performance after a lot of doubt and criticism. Important contributions right through the team made it difficult to single out individuals but El Jefecito and Xabi exerted Rafalutionary discipline in the middle of the park.

There was a fluency and confidence about the performance that we've rarely seen - I think we might be starting to see a Sammy Lee/Pellegrino effect because we seemed a lot tougher mentally. Perhaps the result today will have a similar effect that defeating Italy did on the Spanish team - time to kick on and show our true ability.

The Rafalution deals a crushing blow to the manc imperialist hyenas and sends them skulking back to lick their wounds with Commandante Carra's boot lodged up their scrawny arses. Throw another tapir on the barbie companyeros its time to party.

Overall I thought Dirk played well which is not surprising seeing as he was up front - his position.

I was fuming with him after that second miss though - the first one wasn't easy but that second one should have been scored and in games like these, things like that can make a difference.

People would of been blaming Kuyt hard for that if Rooneys shot was on target in the last minutes of the game......

By the way, I don't think it's nice seeing people give Keane stick just to defend Kuyt, what's all that about? Dirk's been here (and struggled a bit to be fair) for much longer than Keane so people have more right to criticise Dirk than someone who's been here for five minutes.

Loving Dirk is no crime, but trying to criticise someone else to back him up isn't right.

I wasn't criticizing Keane at all - just pointing out that to moan about Kuyt missing two chances but not mention Keane was unfair. Robbie will come good, like most people have said, he just needs to relax a bit.

I wasn't criticizing Keane at all - just pointing out that to moan about Kuyt missing two chances but not mention Keane was unfair. Robbie will come good, like most people have said, he just needs to relax a bit.

Fair enough.

I think it's unfair to even point that out in defence of Kuyt myself because it's very much a short term thing with Keane, whereas Kuyt has struggled in front of goal for a while.

I just don't like it, that's all.

Fair enough.

I think it's unfair to even point that out in defence of Kuyt myself because it's very much a short term thing with Keane, whereas Kuyt has struggled in front of goal for a while.

I just don't like it, that's all.

It wasn't a defense of Kuyt - he should have scored the second. It was just asking for consistency, which is what we very rarely get when it comes to the usual scapegoats.

Great great win, how good does it feel? more satisfying for me is the fact that we were easily the better team, we've not dominated them like that for a hell of a long time. Everybody played their part, we played as a team and it was wonderful to see. Delighted for Benitez, i dare say he'll of enjoyed that more than anybody.

EDIT: I like the look of Reira

That was almost the first thing Fergie said in his post-match interview. Also, I was delighted to hear Rafa immediately give credit to the players when asked why we won. A big, big day this, both for Rafa and the players. Let's see us build on it now.

It wasn't a defense of Kuyt - he should have scored the second. It was just asking for consistency, which is what we very rarely get when it comes to the usual scapegoats.

It was a defence of Kuyt, because it was a direct response to a criticism of Kuyt.

Anyway, whatever, I think Keane is a class player and has played well so far. A bit like Crouch when he first started, just needs a goal. He'll be fine though as he's a class player.

Which is the second everyone's referring to? Is it the one hit right at VdS? Regardless, I was made up with - and for - Dirk today. His deficiencies are nowhere near as exposed when playing up front and strengths are maximised. Their centre halves will know they've been in a game tomorrow morning. When he first came, I thought he was going to be our Mark Hughes. Now I know his game, I also know that'll never be the case as he hasn't got theskill. However, he could replicate the kind of role Hughes had for them quite easily; certainly it'd be a much better use of his attributes than playing him on the flank.

Which is the second everyone's referring to? Is it the one hit right at VdS? Regardless, I was made up with - and for - Dirk today. His deficiencies are nowhere near as exposed when playing up front and strengths are maximised. Their centre halves will know they've been in a game tomorrow morning. When he first came, I thought he was going to be our Mark Hughes. Now I know his game, I also know that'll never be the case as he hasn't got theskill. However, he could replicate the kind of role Hughes had for them quite easily; certainly it'd be a much better use of his attributes than playing him on the flank.

Yeah, when he went for the near post and their 'keeper stopped it with his foot after a cut-back. I thought he and Keane showed pretty good promise as a pairing, which is encouraging if Torres gets injured again. Or even, whisper it, for resting him.

Brownie - I'd defend him from criticism for not scoring the first chance, but not the second. Why's this even an issue?