You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alonso asks to leave???

Fugitive

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to categorically define the point that I was trying to reach and apologise if I wasn't entirely clear.

At no point have I slagged Xabi off for not playing due to the birth of his child.

At no point have I said that he should have chosen football over the birth.

I was simply saying that if you were given the option to secure the financial future of your family by missing the birth of your child - is it a worthwhile sacrifice? I have not advocated this positon just merely raised the question.

Yes, I appreciate you havent slagged off Alonso and are merely being devil's advocate. Im just replying to the general points in your post and others that have been raised on the thread.

well considering that winning lottery ticket could provide a better future for your child then you would be a whopper for turning it down, no one is saying football is more important than family anyway, this place is full of thick bastards.
Please feel free to go to another site where the intellect is more of your standard. Calling one of the most respected posters on here a whopper and referring to people who value their family above money as thick bastards.

Come back Rashid all is forgiven.

Please feel free to go to another site where the intellect is more of your standard. Calling one of the most respected posters on here a whopper and referring to people who value their family above money as thick bastards.

I actually think that the centre of this discussion is quite an interesting and clearly debatable issue, but when perhaps put within a footballing context causes a number of far reaching conflicts. So, perhaps it is best left alone - what each individual priorities within their life will influence what they see as their choice to the question.

I was called a Whopper for raising a fair question, so it's only fair to reply in kind.

I actually think that the centre of this discussion is quite an interesting and clearly debatable issue, but when perhaps put within a footballing context causes a number of far reaching conflicts. So, perhaps it is best left alone - what each individual priorities within their life will influence what they see as their choice to the question.

I was called a Whopper for raising a fair question, so it's only fair to reply in kind.

I havent called you a whopper.

Look nose ointment, he implied I was a whopper and If you can dig up a quote where I have said money or football is more important than a mans family then I am banged to rights, but you won't be able to. I have explained why I said what I did but if people choose to ignore it so they can have their "ever so noble " tuppence worth then thats their problem not mine.

We won in Milan so what's the point in bitchin? How freakin desperate are those with their petty agenda's for a straw to cling to.

I've no agenda as I've said in a previous post this was goin off topic and has esculated, I would like to leave it at that but get drawn back into the debate.