You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benayoun & Kuyt are staying

Guido

I dont get why there was any doubt to begin with. I mean I knew about the interest from Roma about Yossi but Kuyt i did not know.

In any case, I would keep them both, they are part of the "quality" equation to the squad. They add depth and can be used in multiple positions. Since the Roma interest surfaced I said that Rafa would not and should not sell Yossi for any price.

The same goes for Kuyt. The guy just too much for the team that directly contributes to the teams winning attitude. He does a bit of everything, an all round Liverpool player thats too valuable to the squad.

Yossi and Kuyt are part of what makes Liverpool tick and win games. Selling them was never an option in my view.

Guest TK-421

No but Rebel23 and the Daily Mail say Kuyt is leaving. I'm still hoping Martin Jol will cough up £4.50 so that Kuyt doesn't waste a place in the squad and prevent a local lad coming through.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Ace. To even contemplate selling Dirk would be madness, he brings so much to the team and the squad. I'm well pleased that both are staying, they are valuable members of the set up and I like Yossi as a player. The CL semi away last season shows just what he can do in a tight game.

Ace. To even contemplate selling Dirk would be madness, he brings so much to the team and the squad. I'm well pleased that both are staying, they are valuable members of the set up and I like Yossi as a player. The CL semi away last season shows just what he can do in a tight game.

Agreed. Kuyt just offers so much off the ball people who critisize him dont see all the work that he does. I think Yossi and Kuyt complement each other perfectly as one is good on the ball and the other does all the things thats not seen.

He tracks back, closes down, piles on the pressure, can tackel, score and has decent movement up front.

Yossi can open up defenses on a whim, make a killer pass, score goals and makes excellent runs behind defences.

Looks like we're stll going to have the same mediocre attacking midfield next season. :(

Now you are just asking for it.......

I dont agree with that at all. Say what you like but in Gerrard, Alonso, Barry (hopefully), Babbel, Yossi, Masch and sometimes Keane and Kuyt we have a supreme midfield that can slug it off with the best out there. They are technical, quick, intelligent, excellent movement, strong, winning mentallity and can score from anywhere.

Why do lack faith dear friend. We have a winning squad.

Now you are just asking for it.......

I dont agree with that at all. Say what you like but in Gerrard, Alonso, Barry (hopefully), Babbel, Yossi, Masch and sometimes Keane and Kuyt we have a supreme midfield that can slug it off with the best out there. They are technical, quick, intelligent, excellent movement, strong, winning mentallity and can score from anywhere.

Why do lack faith dear friend. We have a winning squad.

For the attacking midfield positions we have Kuyt, Babel, Benayoun and Pennant to pick from the same as last season, if you asked most fans the end of last season which area needed improving they would have said this.

Just at look at the players our rivals have to pick from in the attacking midfield area and you still see there is a gap between ours and theirs.

Guest TK-421
After Pennant has gone.

Look, I think Yossi is a good player. But we need better than 'good.'

I'd keep him for another season but can see where you're coming from.

Not bothered either way about Pennant.

I heard Kuyt was a done deal untill Waldorf and Statler upped the price.

Thats bollocks. What do those 2 know about football to put a price on a player. Rafa would decide if a fee is fair for a player an wouldnt have it any other way. You must have a low opionion of Rafa to think he would stand for that. Plus Rafa has already said he is staying so they couldnt set a price anyway.