You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yeah, terrible idea but have a rep for your chutzpah putting the idea forward.

Another thing is Baccala besting Tony in their fight. I know Tony was pissed and the plot benefits it brought but it’s just never sat right with me. After watching their respective characters for so long Tony would have battered him. 

I dunno ya know Bobby was a fucking unit. The sopranos characters aren't that physically hard, they have people killed or use guns, but they're pretty much all out of shape and when things get physical they usually do snide shit like hit people with a coffee pot or whack them on the head with a hammer. Johnny Cakes says it when Vito tries to hit him with a pipe, 'dirty fighter huh?'.

Funny as fuck when Paulie gets kneed in the bollocks when he's robbing those Colombians. "Ow my fuckin balls!!!"

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Kill Tony, the best actor and character in the show, that sounds fucking awful.

I didn't say they should have. That would be stupid. He's TV best ever character.

Just that in a different timeline/twilight zone/director's cut, it would be interesting to see how or if the rich setting, supporting characters and world would function without Tony. We saw a bit of it in S6 when he was in a coma and it was fascinating, but by then they had already eliminated a lot of fun guys.

34 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yeah, terrible idea but have a rep for your chutzpah putting the idea forward.

Another thing is Baccala besting Tony in their fight. I know Tony was pissed and the plot benefits it brought but it’s just never sat right with me. After watching their respective characters for so long Tony would have battered him. 

He's what 42, 43? You think those five years don't make a difference?

14 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

He's what 42, 43? You think those five years don't make a difference?

He beat up Perry Annunziata when he was the same age. I agree with Sec that most of them are just extremely violent rather than ‘hard’ but Tony was always portrayed as extremely handy with his fists. And he’s a big fella himself. 

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

He beat up Perry Annunziata when he was the same age. I agree with Sec that most of them are just extremely violent rather than ‘hard’ but Tony was always portrayed as extremely handy with his fists. And he’s a big fella himself. 

Thats a tony quote to carmela after the fight

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, belarus said:

I’m doing that right now mate. Just at the end of the first series - my wife’s first watch. She was a bit reticent at first, but she’s hook line and sinker now. I’m getting excited for her thinking about what’s coming up. I’m properly envious that she’s watching it for the first time. My favourite programme ever - genre irrelevant, it’s untouchable.

I think my missus is a bit more into it than yours! We’re racing through at a ridiculous pace. She’s just put the kettle on and then we’re starting S4 e10. Ralphie’s head went into the bowling ball bag in the episode just gone. 

On 16/07/2020 at 23:39, Captain Turdseye said:

I think my missus is a bit more into it than yours! We’re racing through at a ridiculous pace. She’s just put the kettle on and then we’re starting S4 e10. Ralphie’s head went into the bowling ball bag in the episode just gone. 

I think you’re right mate. While she is up for sticking one on at the end of each day and out lad is in bed, the max we’ve done in one go is 2, and a couple of nights we’ve not finished a whole one. We have got a 6 month old though, so a more reasonable man would say she’s tired. Not me though, I think she needs to get her shit together.

• Upvote 5

Also would have liked to see more of Lorraine Calluzzo in the Lupertazzi family, she was in it for what 2 episodes? But it would have been interesting to see a woman holding a role in a mob family. Probably covered it off in those 2 episodes to be fair (lack of respect) but they could have delved deeper.

btw whats happening with the movie? Did that get cancelled?

13 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I’d have liked to have seen a lot more of Mikey Palmice he was such a cunt.

Yeah he was boss. I deliberately went out and bought a thin black jumper to wear under my suit so I could dress like him for my first ever job interview. 

"Aren't you wearing a shirt and tie?"

"No. Hi Jack, bye jack."

mikey-palmice-9a4d294b-f7e8-4c91-aaca-713e8b706ff-resize-750.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah he was boss. I deliberately went out and bought a thin black jumper to wear under my suit so I could dress like him for my first ever job interview. 

"Aren't you wearing a shirt and tie?"

"No. Hi Jack, bye jack."

mikey-palmice-9a4d294b-f7e8-4c91-aaca-713e8b706ff-resize-750.jpg

loved him having his balls busted by tony but the casual way he whacked the guy who hired the two black guys to kill Tony for making that offhand remark about “even Tony’s mother wants him whacked” was great. Junior hiding in the back seat of it all was hilarious too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Also would have liked to see more of Lorraine Calluzzo in the Lupertazzi family, she was in it for what 2 episodes? But it would have been interesting to see a woman holding a role in a mob family. Probably covered it off in those 2 episodes to be fair (lack of respect) but they could have delved deeper.

btw whats happening with the movie? Did that get cancelled?

The movie is  scheduled for release next year delayed due to coronavirus 

• Upvote 1