You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fridge food waste

windass

If someone had said "which forumite saves half tins of beans and peach silces, and uses evaporated milk?" I'd have gone for you.

Maybe Thants and Hamstrung first, but deffo you.

And what do you do when you have a craving for "Peach, bean and sweet milk surprise"?

Why do women buy a bag of lettuce. Not an actual lettuce but a bag of MIXED lettuce. Whats that all about !!!

Its not as if they know the difference between types of lettuce so why buy mixed.

Lettuce is just posh leaves. I cant understand why people eat them.

Or cress. Egg and CRESS butties. CRESS = posh, what the fuck is going on.

I know, I am hungry, I will open the fridge door and get some CRESS out coz I havent had any for ages!!

All women insist on buying salad because it's healthy and "I need to stop eating crap". All women also eat all the sausage rolls from the fridge, then the mini-sausages then the quiches and pork pies, then the jam, then the mayonaise, then the lard and anything else that's in there that means they don't have to touch the salad that they had NO intention of ever eating it was really that they just don't want to go to the checkout with no salad because that would be the equivalent of walking round with the tampon string hanging out of your bikini bottoms and other women would see and then judge them.

Am I wrong? Am I wrong?

96p 'Leavy Rocket'

No wonder Asdas advert has someone smacking there own arse with money in the back. They have a few casuals in the back gardens blowing the dandelions off so they can bag the leaves in there bags.

I often think how can she spend £100 on a food and two days later I am still looking for something for me tea. Oh sorry , there is 12 bags of LEavy Rocket there, I can pour a 'cupa soup' on top of it.

All women insist on buying salad because it's healthy and "I need to stop eating crap". All women also eat all the sausage rolls from the fridge, then the mini-sausages then the quiches and pork pies, then the jam, then the mayonaise, then the lard and anything else that's in there that means they don't have to touch the salad that they had NO intention of ever eating it was really that they just don't want to go to the checkout with no salad because that would be the equivalent of walking round with the tampon string hanging out of your bikini bottoms and other women would see and then judge them.

Am I wrong? Am I wrong?

Sort of wrong. I buy salad with really good intentions. I'll prepare a bit with a meal, and intend to use the rest for lunches. When you're the only person eating it, and you go to the fridge and there's all these vegetables that need chopping up and washing, it's easier to just plump for the quick-fix crap.

96p 'Leavy Rocket'

No wonder Asdas advert has someone smacking there own arse with money in the back. They have a few casuals in the back gardens blowing the dandelions off so they can bag the leaves in there bags.

I often think how can she spend £100 on a food and two days later I am still looking for something for me tea. Oh sorry , there is 12 bags of LEavy Rocket there, I can pour a 'cupa soup' on top of it.

It's probably because you're looking for something that you can consume within about 8 seconds of seeing it. There's many 8 seconds in the 2 days since the shopping was done and thus, your fat ass ate everything and now all that's left is food you might actually have to, dare I say it, prepare?