You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Plot Thickens

bobhorse

So just to be clear we are comfortable with...

1. Rafa in the Hicks camp

2. Rafa showing self interest

3. Rafa making comments in the media (again)

Just wondering and all that.. and like etc...

I don't think we are comfortable with it. We are just passengers watching in a train, watching yokels squabling!

1. Rafa is in with Hicks, for his own purposes.

2. Rafa should show self interest, if that self interest is bringing more glory to Liverpool.

3. Rafa has made very inoffensive, and damn right polite comments; which he should be able to do.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Just a couple of questions to maybe bear in mind....

IF Hicks was confident that he was going to get control as he is intimating, why then, has he asked George to support in his request for Rick to resign, why not just wait until he has the money to buy George out and then sack Rick?

Is it because he knows he isn't going to be in a position to buy Gillett out before any possible veto he may have runs out?

Is it a naive move to get the fans onside because of the contempt in which they hold Parry?

Is it to try and isolate Rafa, make him pick sides and then hoping that the fans will go with whatever Rafa chooses as they fear losing him?

Is it because he knows that if Rick was to stay and DIC eventually complete the purchase of George's share they know they will be outvoted, hence the reason he is trying to get his own man (Ayre) in?

Personally I think it's probably a combination of a few above scenario's

So just to be clear we are comfortable with...

1. Rafa in the Hicks camp

2. Rafa showing self interest

3. Rafa making comments in the media (again)

Just wondering and all that.. and like etc...

"yawn"

Correct Jim, Rafa also has my full 100% backing. No matter what happens, I want this man in charge of our club. He is the only one, out of every last one of them involved in this debacle, who has operated with our best interest at heart. And despite what has come against him throughout this period, he brings us to the gates of glory again.

well, I don't know about that. its like that poll I posted hicks with rafa or the dic with a new manager if it were a straight choice I'd go with the latter because long term I think it would be better for the club and I absolutely LOVE rafa but hicks in sole charge could potentially cripple us long term.

well, I don't know about that. its like that poll I posted hicks with rafa or the dic with a new manager if it were a straight choice I'd go with the latter because long term I think it would be better for the club and I absolutely LOVE rafa but hicks in sole charge could potentially cripple us long term.

Where was the DIC/Rafa option?

Just a couple of questions to maybe bear in mind....

IF Hicks was confident that he was going to get control as he is intimating, why then, has he asked George to support in his request for Rick to resign, why not just wait until he has the money to buy George out and then sack Rick?

Is it because he knows he isn't going to be in a position to buy Gillett out before any possible veto he may have runs out?

Is it a naive move to get the fans onside because of the contempt in which they hold Parry?

Is it to try and isolate Rafa, make him pick sides and then hoping that the fans will go with whatever Rafa chooses as they fear losing him?

Is it because he knows that if Rick was to stay and DIC eventually complete the purchase of George's share they know they will be outvoted, hence the reason he is trying to get his own man (Ayre) in?

Personally I think it's probably a combination of a few above scenario's

I think hicks' confidence comes from the fact he knows gillett is desparate to get out therefore with dic pulling out of the picture that leaves gillett with the choice of sitting tight (that just isn't going to happen) or selling up and other than the dic and hicks I don't see anyone else gillett can sell to.

I know that you can't vote for yourself on "The Weakest Link", so I would assume that the same would be true here.

Man, how I yearn to hear the words:

"You are the weakest link, Rick. Goodbye."

Something I've just thought of and reckon was a big mistake on Gillette's part is the sell on clause they installed in the contract. Why, when he didn't have the money to buy the club in the first place, did he agree on it's writing. Surely it would only ever benefit Hicks as Gillette would never be in a position to buy out Hicks' shares. More sinisterly, were the two of them already plotting against each other before the club even entered their ownership?

I know dave said they may keep him on but I have yet to see a single thing suggesting the dic would retain him, in fact the only person who seems to want rafa to remain in charge is hicks.

You should listen to Dave.

I think the last thing they would do it's put Rafa's position under any kind of scrutiny, of only because of the sway he holds with us.

I also think it would be inappropriate for them to come out and make comment before they even have a seat at the table.

The problem is, because they won't come out and say anything officially, it is to the benefit of others who are currently mudslinging as they allow the rumour to run and run until people falsely assume that it is fact.

So the scenario is now if we want Rafa then we have to back Hicks? Rafa will be sacked under Gillett. Quite easy decision for some of you then isn't it?

I want Rafa to stay under a DIC ownership but if it meant getting rid of the whole current lot and Rafa had to go too then I'd get rid of the baby and the bath water. The club is dying at the moment...

Why did Rafa not just keep his trap shut?

He could quite easily have swerved the question and voiced his concerns behind closed doors, especially with the current media shitstorm going on, but none of them, including the manager seem capable of doing so.

You'd have to say then that it was for his own gain, and he probably saw a chance to strengthen his position even more.

Regardless, I'm sick of the lot of them and their political manouvering, and I have to say, I wouldn't be that fussed if they all left, including Rafa, as they've all contributed to this mess.

So the scenario is now if we want Rafa then we have to back Hicks? Rafa will be sacked under Gillett. Quite easy decision for some of you then isn't it?

I want Rafa to stay under a DIC ownership but if it meant getting rid of the whole current lot and Rafa had to go too then I'd get rid of the baby and the bath water. The club is dying at the moment...

I'm calling Social Services.

A whole thread was set up specifically to point out that Rafa has very little option but to form a working relationship with Hicks but some people still can't understand that, why?

What good does it do for Rafa to be anti-hicks?

I'm sure Ablett will guide us through to the end of the season just fine eh?

A whole thread was set up specifically to point out that Rafa has very little option but to form a working relationship with Hicks but some people still can't understand that, why?

He'd be number two to Kenny Stu, come on man think!

Rash, i'm interested to know what you think Rafa should be doing?

It's clear that Parry and Gilette want him out and Hicks has decided to start supporting him for his own nefarious reasons.

Do you expect Rafa to say thanks for the support Tom but fuck off you texan cunt? Try to imagine yourself in that sort of situation.

You have 2 bosses at work, both cunts but one supports you whilst the other wants you out asap - you're forced into siding with the one that wants you to stay

Did Rafa have to tell the media that he wants an emergency meeting? Did a man of his intelligence know it would cause a shit storm? Or is that the latest trend now? Who can cause the biggest storm?

Rash, i'm interested to know what you think Rafa should be doing?

It's clear that Parry and Gilette want him out and Hicks has decided to start supporting him for his own nefarious reasons.

Do you expect Rafa to say thanks for the support Tom but fuck off you texan cunt? Try to imagine yourself in that sort of situation.

You have 2 bosses at work, both cunts but one supports you whilst the other wants you out asap - you're forced into siding with the one that wants you to stay

I'd get them all to clarify their positions once and for all - behind closed doors in private.