You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

On 26/11/2023 at 08:32, YorkshireRed said:

Barbie. 

It was entertaining enough. 

The future Mrs Yorkshire Red did a nice job in the main role. 

7/10.

I watched it with my daughter a few weeks back. It was significantly better than I expected. 

• Upvote 1

Reminiscence 4/10.

Hugh Jackman & Thandie Newton help people remember memories in a post-war / earth disaster future. A diet Minority Report crossed with some shite love story, which given it’s about Rebecca Ferguson, is understandable and gives it an extra point. 

Indiana Jones Dial Of Destiny - 5/10.

I went to the cinema and watched this and really enjoyed it up until the ridiculous time travel ending, which I thought ruined an otherwise decent film.

I watched it again the other night and still feel exactly the same. It’s a perfectly good film up until the eels bit where it starts to wobble, continues to wobble through the caves bit, both of which could have been redeemed / forgotten about if the ending wasn’t so utterly shit. Even though I knew what was coming I still rolled my eyes in apathy. 

The lad who plays Teddy reminds me of Luis Diaz. 

The Popes exorcist.

I wasn’t expecting great things from this as I’m not a fan of horror films but I like big Russ and thought I’d give it a go. 

Fuck me what a load of shite. Made even worse after finding out that it was Chris “Finchy” Finch doing the terrible voice of the demon in the style of Ian Drury and not the Ian Drury soundalike Andy Serkis.

avoid

2/10

16 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Really? How does he know Santa doesn’t exist? I know they say kids grow up quickly nowadays, but fuck me, that seems harsh.

Some of my fondest memories are of being a kid at Christmastime.

Christmas is boss. 

• Upvote 2

On 15/03/2019 at 23:13, skend04 said:

Triple Frontier - 7/10 it's a good little movie that. 

Yep, maybe even 7.5.

Another good flick from J. C. Chandor, after Margin Call, All Is Lost and A Violent Year. All four though not spectacular, significantly beat my expectations. Directed with a steady hand, makes all the right storytelling choices, nothing stands out as unnecessarily flashy, stupid or annoying. He's one dependable filmmaker.

The Equalizer/The Equalizer 2. Much better than expected. Unreal this is the first time Denzel has featured in a movie plus a sequel.

8/10

7.5/10

Looking forward to the third...

I haven't seen many films lately, too fucking busy with work. So I sat down and the missus decides we should watch a Christmas film. I want to smash the TV. Don't watch this muck. "Catering Christmas". 1/10. The 1 is because I'd welly that lead actress. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt19264600/

Percy vs Goliath 

Christopher Walken is a farmer who decides to take on a giant agricultural corporation regarding a seed he is accused of stealing from them. Decent film this & as usual Walken is great. 7/10.

Watched on Freevee via my Firestick.

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

Percy vs Goliath 

Christopher Walken is a farmer who decides to take on a giant agricultural corporation regarding a seed he is accused of stealing from them. Decent film this & as usual Walken is great. 7/10.

Watched on Freevee via my Firestick.

Yup, saw that a while ago and really enjoyed it.

Neil Young - The Monsanto Years...same thing, same story.

It was Leeds International Film Festival last month. Only got to see one film: Hundreds of Beavers! No ladyparts in it, just a bonkers film with some proper belly-laugh moments. Makes a refreshing change from the earnestness that's seemingly everywhere at the moment:

8.62/10

It's out on general release next spring I think. Go watch t!

Transporter. 2/10.

Last week I watched my first Statham film, this week I watched my last Statham film. I can only assume The Mechanic was good as it was a remake. 

However, onto the main event. 

Miracle on 34th Street. 8/10. Excellent true story about Kris Kringles struggles to get @Creator Supreme and others to believe he really does exist and makes children all over the world happy.

I BELIEVE, especially as it was proven in a court of law. What's not to like about Christmas?

Scream VI - 4/10. Late to this one, and very much the law of diminishing returns. I and II were ace and were love letters to the genre that weren't afraid to poke fun at it. What I will give VI is that I really liked the pre-credit sequence which certainly played with audience expectations  and tried to do something a bit different with the usual opening. But that really was the high point.

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Transporter. 2/10.

Last week I watched my first Statham film, this week I watched my last Statham film. I can only assume The Mechanic was good as it was a remake. 

However, onto the main event. 

Miracle on 34th Street. 8/10. Excellent true story about Kris Kringles struggles to get @Creator Supreme and others to believe he really does exist and makes children all over the world happy.

I BELIEVE, especially as it was proven in a court of law. What's not to like about Christmas?

Which version of Miracle on 34th Street?

• Upvote 1