You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

4 hours ago, Elite said:

The Marvels - 0/10

Marvel are really scraping the barrell now, they've ran out of ideas and are churning out utter shit on a regular basis now 

Looks like they'll be losing several hundred million on that turkey. I dunno why they thought people would be interested, the characters look like utter doghsit, and two of them are from their crappy TV shows. I've never really been that interested in capeshit, the Avengers films were pretty cool, but after seeing the last Thor, I'll be avoiding them like the plague.

On 23/11/2023 at 19:21, Shooter in the Motor said:

Him and the director of the sixth sense are still invited out based on their early work. Not seen rocknrolla as the name always put me off. I might give it a whirl. Wrath of Man was decent, the others a bit meh.

Servant is boss in fairness 

Oppenheimer

Sat riveted for almost 3 hours for a film and a biography I already knew much about (having already seen Shadowmakers), never once felt like the film was dragging. No small feat from the director.

Some excellent performances from the principal actors too, Damon reprising Paul Newman as General Groves was really interesting.

Will never watch this again.

8/10 4k NERD

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair I'd rather watch an OTT Guy Ritchie film than any superhero film any time. The Ritchie films are my sort of 'put your brain to sleep for a while things.

I'd rather watch neither & stick a good film on.

• Upvote 1

I didn’t mind The Man from UNCLE, watchable silliness from Guy Richie. It’s a shame Armie Hammer turned out to be a cannibal, because while he’s pretty crap in The Man from UNCLE, he’s great fun in Sorry to Bother You, I like Henry Cavill, and Alicia Vikander is absolutely amazing, and perhaps hotness peak.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I would have put the odds of me liking a film with Melissa Mccarthy, Jason Statham, Miranda off the TV and Fifty Cent in it would be on a par with Leicester's title winning effort, but 'Spy' was very funny in parts and Rose Byrne was great.

I really enjoyed that too. It's a shame as she was really funny in this and Bridesmaids, but McCarthy's more recent films have been utter shite.

• Upvote 1

Having jibbed Killer we watched our first Jason Statham film because she doesn't like him.

The Mechanic 8/10. We Both really enjoyed it. Loads of action for a Saturday night movie.

Will definitely watch his other stuff now.

For the first time in my life I have committed to watching a Christmas movie on Sunday nights.

The Elf. 8/10 glad I did, really good funny film. I find Will Ferrel funny in most stuff and he didn't disappoint in this. I love Christmas.

• Upvote 1

Napoleon.

Not too shabby. A tiny bit dull in parts and I just couldn't entirely take to Phoenix playing a famous Frenchman with his American accent. 

There’s meant to be quite a bit of poetic license and historical inaccuracy. But, the battle scenes were quite impressive particularly the finale, The Battle Of Waterloo. 

Another fairly long film which seemed to pass quite quickly. 

A good, enjoyable film. 

7.4 out of 10. 

Into The Blue 

Not seen this in years, Paul Walker and Jessica Alba in the Caribbean having found a drug plane wreckage underwater. Jessica Alba in a bikini. Arguably the best arse in movie history. 

5/10. 2 points added, one for each arse cheek. 

6 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Napoleon.

Not too shabby. A tiny bit dull in parts and I just couldn't entirely take to Phoenix playing a famous Frenchman with his American accent. 

There’s meant to be quite a bit of poetic license and historical inaccuracy. But, the battle scenes were quite impressive particularly the finale, The Battle Of Waterloo. 

Another fairly long film which seemed to pass quite quickly. 

A good, enjoyable film. 

7.4 out of 10. 

It's been slated,hasn't it?

12 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've lost all respect for you dude.

Bah humbug! What's the do with you man?

On Christmas day here I can buy light bulbs, milk, electric cable, anything.

When I'm in the UK for Christmas I can see my Grandchildren with smiles as wide as the Mersey, go to the pub with my family, eat chippy tea. I Love Christmas, baby Jesus and the little wee donkey.

• Upvote 2