You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Harry Brown - 8/10

Good storyline, even if its a tad slow at parts. Michael Caine was boss, though, and when it got going it was very cool.

Very disappointed with Harry Brown. A film for folks who enjoy the Daily Mail. Caine is fine in it but it is a stunningly simplistic film in which bad folks are just bad. A poor mans Gran Torino imo.

Of stuff Harrelson has done recently that people might not have seen i'd recommend Transsiberian, a very, very underrated thriller from Brad Anderson, who previously directed The Machinist.

Has nothing to do to with the quote, just wanted to thank you for recommending Memories of Murder, finally got round to seeing it. Liked it, ace ending, 8/10.

Staying in Asia - Johnny To's Vengeance. Good laugh. Some good fighting scenes, but the boring ones as well. Johnny Halliday is creepy. 6.7/10

Watched 3 films at work today.

Land of the Dead - Good solid Romero flick 6 Stenches out of 10 Zacks.

Death Wish - Great film; the fact that fatty Winner directed takes the shine off a little tho'. 7.5 32's out of 19 flick knives.

Wrong Turn - Standard "horror in the woods" effort, they should have called it Cabin chainsaw creepers massacre fever. 5 inbreds out of 10 Ed Gein's.

Watched 3 films at work today.

Land of the Dead - Good solid Romero flick 6 Stenches out of 10 Zacks.

Death Wish - Great film; the fact that fatty Winner directed takes the shine off a little tho'. 7.5 33's out of 19 flick knives.

Wrong Turn - Standard "horror in the woods" effort, they should have called it Cabin chainsaw creepers massacre fever. 5 inbreds out of 10 Ed Gein's.

Have a soft spot for Wrong Turn. Dunno why it's just solid.

Death Wish is cool

but man oh man, land of the dead!! that film sucks undead gash.

Guest Pistonbroke
Yes, but only if your 12.

Should have read this before watching it.

Great special affects or should i say CGI. But typical naff American story line with some bum one liners and the typical all American hero story line.

6/10 on the strength of the CGI.

Daybreakers (7.5/10) - Watchable with a decent premise. Like most things with Ethan Hawke and Sam Neil. Never tire of exploding vampires.

Went all 80's nostalgia with the following:-

Witness (9.5/10) - One of my all time favorite films. One of Harrison Fords finest - stands alongside the likes of The Empire Strikes Back, Bladerunner, and Raiders of the Lost Ark for me.

D.A.R.Y.L (8/10) - The SR71 Blackbird scenes still stand up .

Flight of the Navigator (7/10)

Wargames - (7.5/10)

Zombieland - 9/10

I was laughing for most of the film. It was just silly, and fun, and that kid is a much better whiny bitch than that Michael Cena kid. Woody's character was essentially right in my humour wheelhouse because I was laughing pretty much nonstop at him.

They also got inventive with killing zombies, which is nice.

Zombieland - 9/10

I was laughing for most of the film. It was just silly, and fun, and that kid is a much better whiny bitch than that Michael Cena kid. Woody's character was essentially right in my humour wheelhouse because I was laughing pretty much nonstop at him.

They also got inventive with killing zombies, which is nice.

That's the only real problem i had with Zombieland, that Eisenberg guy is a whining little fuck. Very enjoyable film though, and as has been mentioned before Emma Stone is lovely.

State of Play - I hadn't watched any of the television series, which I hear is apparently better, but it was a pretty decent film. It touches on the subject I'm reading a bit about at the moment, the privatisation of war to the likes of Blackwater, and hits some of the concerns pretty well, if only fleetingly. It's got Crowe in it and he's pretty good, as usual, but it's pretty standard stuff and doesn't really reach any great heights.

7.3/10

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Would have awarded it an '8' if some blert on here hadn't spoiled the end.

I can't believe how irritated I am still. Total puss seeping gash of a man.

Guest Pistonbroke

Old Dogs. 6/10

Decent family fun and quite funny in parts. Not too sure about a comedy pairing of Travolta and Williams. The former looks like he's been at the burgers a lot and has a head which isn't in proportion to the rest of his body.

What to watch next.

Zombieland, Jennifer's body, Brothers, The Blind side or Damned united.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Old Dogs. 6/10

Decent family fun and quite funny in parts. Not too sure about a comedy pairing of Travolta and Williams. The former looks like he's been at the burgers a lot and has a head which isn't in proportion to the rest of his body.

What to watch next.

Zombieland, Jennifer's body, Brothers, The Blind side or Damned united.

Zombieland.