You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drinking

Remmie

When you go for a drink but have decided to not drink beer, what do you drink instead? The other night I had just Whisky on the rocks and I really enjoyed it, still go drunk and didn't have anything approaching a hangover. I don't think I believe in drinking wine in a Pub.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PaddyBerger15

Anything other than beer, unless its a chaser, is for lasses and against the law....you know the rules, a pint for the fella...a glass of wine or fruit based drink for the lady...thems the rules.

Anything other than beer, unless its a chaser, is for lasses and against the law....you know the rules, a pint for the fella...a glass of wine or fruit based drink for the lady...thems the rules.
What's wrong with just whisky? That's much more manly then fucking fosters or some piss like that?

When you go for a drink but have decided to not drink beer, what do you drink instead? The other night I had just Whisky on the rocks and I really enjoyed it, still go drunk and didn't have anything approaching a hangover. I don't think I believe in drinking wine in a Pub.

Vodka presse(Cut with water); Gin and Tonic; or if I am drunk enough... what the fucking bird is drinking will be consumed by me.

Guest PaddyBerger15
What's wrong with just whisky? That's much more manly then fucking fosters or some piss like that?

Whiskey as a chaser is fine, as is Bourbon or Tequila. The main drink should be Bitter, Brown or Guinness....pissy lager, Australian or otherwise is getting dangerously close to Southern whoopsie territory.

Occasionally a pint of Kronie is acceptable in the summer, with a Wild Turkey chaser...but only very occasionally....and in hot weather.

Is it any good?

Remmie, you okay mate? Anything you wanna talk about?

Remmie, you okay mate? Anything you wanna talk about?
Well spotted. Are you stalking me? New year, new lifestyle choice (not of the sexuality kind, this time) trying new things.

Kopparberg tastes like apple juice, very good for getting people drunk when they weren't intending too.

PB15 - Whiskey on it's own isn't a chaser because I'm not drinking a beer, so it's chasing nothing.

I wish more places did ginger drinks - ginger wine to make a whisky mac or rum and ginger beer is awesome.

Guest PaddyBerger15

PB15 - Whiskey on it's own isn't a chaser because I'm not drinking a beer, so it's chasing nothing.

Well drink beer then, then it would be wouldn't it? You big fucking nancy. How any fella can go to an alehouse and not drink beer is beyond me, thats worse than owning a Bros Tshirt or liking eggs.

I can tell that's a Swedish bottle but what the fuck is in it? Cider?

Pear cider, it's fit!

Southern Comfort, Lemonade, Fresh Lime and Ice. Beautiful.

None of this 'SoCo' shit mind.

Went into Wetherspoons once and asked for a 'Steamboat'

The manager said, "We're not allowed to make coctails they're against the rules, but I can make you that same drink if you ask me for the correct infredients"

So instead of saying 'steamboat' I had to say "Okay then, can I please have a southern comfort, lime and lemonade?" He goes "No problem mate, coming right up!"

The fuck?!

Well drink beer then, then it would be wouldn't it? You big fucking nancy. How any fella can go to an alehouse and not drink beer is beyond me, thats worse than owning a Bros Tshirt or liking eggs.
Which is more manly whisky (neat/on the rocks) or fosters?