You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks admits Klinsmann stuff

WeAreTheBest

I can't be arsed reading all of this thread, but it's now pretty clear the Rafa is on borrowed time. Either he will resign like he did at Valencia (and I for one would not blame him), or he will get fired.

I now can't see Rafa being here beyond the summer if G&H are still owners. If Rafa goes and someone like Klinsmann comes in, I think we're in trouble.

Big Trouble.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insurance policy or whatever Hicks wants to call it - and we have to take him at his word because he is apparently a man of great integrity - the fact is he met Klinsmann and offered him the job if Benitez went, which is remarkable.

Pure Shakespeare from Jockey there. That's almost straight out of Julius Caesar when Antony sarcastically refers to the conspirators as "honourable men".

I find it rather disturbing that there are still people apologising for G+H.

How low will they stoop before people stop giving them the benefit of the doubt? What have they done to earn even any trust at all?

Rafa Benitez has been here 3 and a half years and won us some pride back and a few trophies along the way. He loves the club, the city, and us the supporters. You may not like him, his methods, or his football even but you can't doubt that he wants to win us trophies.

That can't be said for the Americans, they wouldn't mind a few trophies but they would prefer a lot more to make a heap of money. The two are not as closely tied as people believe, Hicks has even said so himself, see my sig below.

Right, well just to make my position clear, I think there has been far too much smoke surrounding the americans for me not to start thinking there's a pretty hearty fire roaring underneath, and some things - like the stadium debacle - aren't rumours any more, they're fact. I still don't think that either of those two are the demons people are trying to cast them as but I do see that they have shown at best incompitence and at worst dishonesty which does not bode well.

That said, for me there is nothing in what Hicks has said today that has had any further negative impact on my opinions of the guys.

Basically, Hicks was in a corner because his dealings with Klinsmann had been made public by the man himself and because newpapers had heard earlier and were piling up more and more pressure because of the rumours. Performances have been bad and I just think Hicks thought honesty - or the appearance of it - might be the best policy so he admitted the dealings with Klinsmann and tried to explain it and IN THE SAME INTERVIEW then went on to say that he and Gillet backed Rafa.

I can see on here what the effect has been and there was probably no reason to mention the Klinsmann thing but if you look at what he's said in black and white then it actually isn't anything worse than we all already knew.

The problem is nobody really believes that he has said everything he thinks and everyone thinks he has now admitted they were casing out Klinsmann so that obviously means there must be loads more that they're not admitting and they want Rafa out. I don't think that's true but I don't rule out that it might be true and if people want to think that then they probably have the right to given the cloak and dagger nature of previous dealings but based on what Hicks said today there's nothing worse than what we knew and the bonus of Rafa being backed.

I think most of us would have wanted a statement of backing a few weeks back - maybe this is a bit late and ill advised.

That's what they want. It will save £6M worth of pay-offs, so I reckon we might even see some more of this strategy in the coming months.

I hope the channel will allow some balanced reporting but probably not.

Suppose, but Rafa's having his head pissed on by these 2 fucking clowns. He'd walk into a number of jobs in the summer and this is humiliating for him. I hope he stays and they fuck off but i'm seriously clueless as to what will happen next, this club is a fucking shambles at the moment.

I'm with Kop here. I think that this, while showing them to be massive fucking shithouses as well as dumb cunts, I think it shows a bit of integrity in a perverse way. When you look back on how they vehemently denied the Capello rumors, and the fact that they came out and admitted this, I think that says a lot about them with regards to honesty. Hicks has come out lately and said a lot of shit, but I don't feel as if they've held back. Granted, I still don't like them, but I think that they should be given a bit of credit for coming out and telling the truth.

*ducks*

Right, well just to make my position clear, I think there has been far too much smoke surrounding the americans for me not to start thinking there's a pretty hearty fire roaring underneath, and some things - like the stadium debacle - aren't rumours any more, they're fact. I still don't think that either of those two are the demons people are trying to cast them as but I do see that they have shown at best incompitence and at worst dishonesty which does not bode well.

That said, for me there is nothing in what Hicks has said today that has had any further negative impact on my opinions of the guys.

Basically, Hicks was in a corner because his dealings with Klinsmann had been made public by the man himself and because newpapers had heard earlier and were piling up more and more pressure because of the rumours. Performances have been bad and I just think Hicks thought honesty - or the appearance of it - might be the best policy so he admitted the dealings with Klinsmann and tried to explain it and IN THE SAME INTERVIEW then went on to say that he and Gillet backed Rafa.

I can see on here what the effect has been and there was probably no reason to mention the Klinsmann thing but if you look at what he's said in black and white then it actually isn't anything worse than we all already knew.

The problem is nobody really believes that he has said everything he thinks and everyone thinks he has now admitted they were casing out Klinsmann so that obviously means there must be loads more that they're not admitting and they want Rafa out. I don't think that's true but I don't rule out that it might be true and if people want to think that then they probably have the right to given the cloak and dagger nature of previous dealings but based on what Hicks said today there's nothing worse than what we knew and the bonus of Rafa being backed.

I think most of us would have wanted a statement of backing a few weeks back - maybe this is a bit late and ill advised.

Completely and 100% agree.

Either he will resign like he did at Valencia (and I for one would not blame him), or he will get fired.

.....or the yanks are forced to sell as they can't find anyone to lend them the money the need. Maybe all rafa needs to do is to hang in there a little while longer.

I'm with Kop here. I think that this, while showing them to be massive fucking shithouses as well as dumb cunts, I think it shows a bit of integrity in a perverse way. When you look back on how they vehemently denied the Capello rumors, and the fact that they came out and admitted this, I think that says a lot about them with regards to honesty. Hicks has come out lately and said a lot of shit, but I don't feel as if they've held back. Granted, I still don't like them, but I think that they should be given a bit of credit for coming out and telling the truth.

*ducks*

That is part of what I have been trying to say too.

If everyone already believes that they talked to Klinsmann anyway and he then says they did then how does that make him more of a cunt?

*ducks*

How can you give an ounce of credit to any of those two, they are running us through the media and it is becoming a joke and most definetly not the Liverpool Way.

Waving wads of cash, the stadium backtrack, transferring the debt back onto the club, jurgen fucken klinsmann.

Credit for what exactly. For getting caught out. We used to have one clown and now we have three.

I feel bloody awful now. What is Hicks playing at?

Well I know what he is playing at - trying to force a decent man out of a job so they don't have to pay him what he is due.

Apologies to everyone. I think they have to go, they haven't got a clue on how to run a football club.

At least Hicks has done one thing right - Uniting the fans.

I believe the yanks really thought Rafa would resign. I suppose they underestimated the affection Rafa's got for this club. Any normal man with integrity and pride who could probably pick any job he wanted, would leave. Then again they've not experienced how deep the passion and the soul is in Liverpool, the club and the city.

They're pissing on Rafa. Much to their surprise he's taking it. He just wan't quit.

I believe the yanks really thought Rafa would resign. I suppose they underestimated the affection Rafa's got for this club. Any normal man with integrity and pride who could probably pick any job he wanted, would stay. Then again they've not experienced how deep the passion and the soul is in Liverpool, the club and the city.

They're pissing on Rafa. Much to their surprise he's taking it. He just wan't quit.

Rafa is staying for his pay off and fair play. Who wouldnt when your working for such cunts?

I really can't agree with the point of view of Nibbler and theghost.

You're saying that they deserve credit for being honest about it, but surely the timing of it is an important factor? They've admitted to having a meeting with Klinsmann back in November - it's now fucking January, what is the fucking point of that?!

It serves no purpose whatsoever, other than to destabilise a club that's already suffering. I really don't see how it can be perceived as anything other than a terrible thing to do. The fact that they've admitted that they would have sacked Rafa if we went out of the CL, and the timing, makes this a dark day.

To even suggest that it supports the fact that they are honest and have some dignity is something I just don't see.

EDIT - Nibbler, you've mentioned twice now that they're responding to what Klinsmann has said about us. What has Jurgen said about it - I must have missed it?

How can you give an ounce of credit to any of those two, they are running us through the media and it is becoming a joke and most definetly not the Liverpool Way.

Waving wads of cash, the stadium backtrack, transferring the debt back onto the club, jurgen fucken klinsmann.

Credit for what exactly. For getting caught out. We used to have one clown and now we have three.

I have to agree with you Stan

Im truly appalled at the American appologists on here much worse than anything than certain other posters have posted

Perhaps we could start a circus, if we havent already

That's what they want. It will save £6M worth of pay-offs, so I reckon we might even see some more of this strategy in the coming months.

I hope the channel will allow some balanced reporting but probably not.

He can walk now and get a full payoff there statment is clearly constructive dissmisal and any court will rule in Rafa's favour.