You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 06/10/2022 at 09:07, redinblack said:

I play music every day, in the car, at home, wherever, I never think to myself "I must put The Beatles on", but if someone else puts them on I would listen and think (mostly) "thats good that"....maybe its a familiarity/contempt thing I dont know, but you can never underestimate their contribution and the reverence for them from people you wouldnt imagine. I went to the Black Sabbath exhibition a couple of years ago in Birmingham, and when talking about what got him into music with Osbourne and Butler it was The Beatles. Gene Simmons from Kiss has been banging on about them for years, I read an interview with him a couple of weeks ago where he said he would like Kiss last gig to be at The Cavern. I'm no Kiss fan not at all, but he talks of them as "the template" for music going forward. Maybe I would have understood their impact more if was older and heard them more, on the other hand maybe I would have preferred the Stones....but they left a legacy.

Back in the day when you used to have those multi cd things in the car, the Beatles would always be at least one, no matter what I was listening to at the time and for many years I was someone who'd buy 2 or 3 CDs a week. I reckon up until I had kids, there wasn't a day I didn't listen to the Beatles. Since kids I've barely listened to the Beatles and in all honesty unless there's something recently remastered or whatever (or the Peter Jackson show) that drags me back in, I probably don't put them on any more. But I can go a week now without playing music. 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

With the price of Lecky nowadays this will probably be the last year.

Plenty of Karen and Maureen's on Warburtons twitter page are seriously complaining about the cost incured by the National Trust leaving a solitary light on as tribute to one of the worlds most iconic rock stars on his birthday. 

I did raise a smile at the normally mild mannered Warburton eventually snapping and asking why they don't  just go and fuck off, and then showing more classic clips, such as this one below.

Paul McCartney here with his little old backing band. When you are so big a star that all these musicians fall over to share a stage with you you know that you've done something right.

For me, I'd love this man if this was the only thing he had ever written. What a way to finish what would be your final album with your band. Stunning!

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Paul McCartney here with his little old backing band. When you are so big a star that all these musicians fall over to share a stage with you you know that you've done something right.

For me, I'd love this man if this was the only thing he had ever written. What a way to finish what would be your final album with your band. Stunning!

Leftie on the drum kit there. Boss.

Thought it was fake until I saw Ray playing the tambourine halfway in.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Leftie on the drum kit there. Boss.

Thought it was fake until I saw Ray playing the tambourine halfway in.

Knopfler sounded great on this, fantastic sound and the right riffs. It was fitting that he played the final part of the end as Mr Clapton did his own thing on the 3 guitar solo, obviously knowing better than the Beatles.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Thanks for posting that. I've not seen that before. Absolutely brilliant. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...