You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

COD4: Modern Warfare

Aaron Miller

that's totally badass. are you playing with retards?

what setup are you using (weapons/perks/etc)?

I was using an assault rifle with a laser point, the first one you can pick. Dunno about the perks, I think steady aim/rpgs/stopping power

My ratio is falling a bit because I'm trying to get the hang of sniping.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bit where you are trying to get to the nuke conrol centre; you get a ten minute countdown and I've got about six minues left and keep getting cut to ribbons at the bit where there are two tunnels facing each other either side of you (you can't go forward as there's boxes and shit in the way). I've gotten through one of the tunnels a few times but it's fucking solid to get down those tubes on your own. Am I missing something or is it just a really hard bit?

Stu, are you playing on veteran? I can help you out with that mission, I struggled on it til I discovered a great strategy. Basically, keep plowing through each section to get to each check point. Doesn't sound smart? Well if you don't get the checkpoint at a certain point, you're fucked anyway most likely.

Basically, for the part with the two tunnels facing each other, I legged it straight past those two doors facing each other to the boxes covering the way forward. There are a few guys behind them, so take them out with a nade or two then stay on the edge of the tunnel. Now, its imperative that you have a shotgun to do it fast. Basically, you strafe really fast, get a shot off with the shotgun and you'll generally hit someone. Do this a few times, you'll be too fast to get tagged by any of the enemy fire and the shotgun works from distance quite well. Thats how I passed the mission, strafing corners, letting off a shotgun burst then moving back really fast, worked well. You'll still die, but its important that you remember the places you get killed and by who since you can using strafing to get them quickly.

Stu, are you playing on veteran? I can help you out with that mission, I struggled on it til I discovered a great strategy. Basically, keep plowing through each section to get to each check point. Doesn't sound smart? Well if you don't get the checkpoint at a certain point, you're fucked anyway most likely.

Basically, for the part with the two tunnels facing each other, I legged it straight past those two doors facing each other to the boxes covering the way forward. There are a few guys behind them, so take them out with a nade or two then stay on the edge of the tunnel. Now, its imperative that you have a shotgun to do it fast. Basically, you strafe really fast, get a shot off with the shotgun and you'll generally hit someone. Do this a few times, you'll be too fast to get tagged by any of the enemy fire and the shotgun works from distance quite well. Thats how I passed the mission, strafing corners, letting off a shotgun burst then moving back really fast, worked well. You'll still die, but its important that you remember the places you get killed and by who since you can using strafing to get them quickly.

Yep, veteran level for me. Sounds like a plan, but the only problem is I will have to start the mission again to get a shotgun I reckon. How badly do you need to be getting a move on in that section? I've got about six and a half minutes on the clock at the moment and I keep getting held up by the shitload of Ruskies in the tubes.

Sweet advice Phil, second time of asking I just blasted my way right through to the end. Loving both the ending of the game and also the bonus mission at the end. It's the tits.

The game is good on the xbox 360. Need to get it for the PC to really judge how good it is. To say it is the best fps shooter is premature. BF2 has got to be one of the best FPS on the PC. FPS games on consoles do not cut the mustard when they are compared to the PC.

To get through the end of the sniper mission, I dropped off the injured guy, planted all of the claymores where the choppers drop off reinforcements, then went far right of the map (behind the dodgems or something in the fair ground).

Make sure you avoid grenades and keep stocking up on ammo, you should do it from here. Once you get back to the injured dude, don't worry about shooting your way out, just run to the evac chopper.

• 2 weeks later...
Only opened it today after my bird got me it for Chrimbo. Great game. Fucking brilliant.

It really shines on multi-player. I just made the rank of Colonel. I am feeling pretty proud of myself:thumbsup:

Although I still have the alarming habit of getting thumped by teenagers around the world, little fucks!