You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

game that made you happiest watching LFC NOT including finals

spider-neil

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i said 1990

Beardsley 11 Mins

Beardsley 32 Mins

Barnes 44 Mins

Beardsley 81 Mins

I'm sure most of you will understand best result ever for me

that was in the midst of the best ever start to a league season. i think we won our first 10 league games and still didn't win the league.

beardsley was unbelievable that season and was rewarded by getting sold across the park the following summer.

The 3 Chelsea semi finals were great.

The 1-0 cup win against Mancs with Crouch scoring.

The 3-1 win against the Mancs with Riise's goal and Owen with 2.

My first game when we beat Villa 3-2. Fowler got 2 and Ruddock got 1. I was about 10 or 11 and Fowler was my hero. Think it was 93 or 94. Made the 12 hour trip to get there worthwhile.

When we beat Blackburn 2-1 last day of season 96/7 season, Barnes and Redknapp either side of a Shearer strike.

The despair on Blackburns fans faces turning to delight in a matter of a few seconds and in sky pictures some red jumps over to kenny hugs him and congratulates him, I think Kenny only found out when the guy did that.

In the build up to the game there was alot of talk about us rolling over for Blackburn so the Mancs wouldn't win the league, well we didnt and they didnt, was very proud that day and of course delighted a) that the scum didnt win and b) for Kenny.

I still feel sick watching clips of that. Horrible horrible game. Reds cheering blackburns goal and that plum who leans over and hugs kenny when the vermin have only drawn at west ham. Liverpool top with a blackburn scarf on?!?! The cunt should never be allowed in the ground again after that.

Olympiakos and the Chelsea semi's stick in the mind but one of my best memories was standing on the kop when we beat the Mancs 2-0 on the final game of the season in 92 to stop them winning the title and handing it to Leeds. It sticks in the mind because in the 1st half Rushie scored his 1st goal against the mancs ever at the Anny Road end and the kop erupted we just kept dancing and singing " Ian Rush, Ian Rush Ian, Ian Rush he gets the ball, he scores a goal Ian, Ian Rush" for ages. It was so worth waiting for.

I still feel sick watching clips of that. Horrible horrible game. Reds cheering blackburns goal and that plum who leans over and hugs kenny when the vermin have only drawn at west ham. Liverpool top with a blackburn scarf on?!?! The cunt should never be allowed in the ground again after that.

I was talkin about how the team went out and performed knowing the implications, it said alot for the integrity of the club on a professional level.

Fans cheering goals against us I would never condone, to do that is hate them (the scum) more than you love your own team.

I never noticed that it was a Blackburn scarf on the fan who hugged Kenny.

Auxerre for me when we had to win, I was about 7 or 8 and I stood on the Kop. It was a nothing game in terms of what we have done since, but I realised just how special Anfield could be that night.

When Walters scored I was especially made up as the fellas behind us had be ripping him to shreds all game.

v Huddersfield Town, 1970, I had 2/-??? 10p, stood in the boy,s pen & got me Dads 65 Cup Final rossette robbed. B#*@#/ds. 1st game, 4-0 what a start. :thumbup:

v Everton, 1st Derby 3-2 Class, & singing Kopites give us a song when we were 2 down, :notamused:

I know these are Finals finals, but the Borussia M, G/bach 3-0 & 10p to get in aswell.

F.C Brugge 3-2, for me the start of many Great European Nights :thumbsup:

"Rush scored one, Rush scored two, Rush scored three and Rush scored four" oh, and Lawrenson scored t'other.

I'm hanging through the Euro bars at the front of the Park End.

That was my first ever Goodison derby that, what a day! The 5-0 against Forest is up there too as the pinnacle of that fantastic season but I'm gonna pick one that probably nobody else will although realistically there are loads I could choose.

1986 FA Cup QF Replay v Watford at Vicarage Road

In 1986 I was 16 and had seen us win everything there was to win except for the FA Cup so it was like my holy grail. My earliest memory of crying over a football match was when scum beat us in '77 and the semi final replay defeat by them less than a year before this match was equally devastating. Watford weren't a bad side in those days and managed to hold us to a 0-0 draw at Anfield so it was off to Vicarage Road for the replay and the number of fans we took there was unbelievable, literally 3 sides of the ground was Red and White and making more noise than I'd ever heard at an Away match. John Barnes opened the scoring in the second half for Watford with a great free kick and with time running out I thought our hoodoo was going to continue, that was until the 87th minute when Ian Rush was brought down in the box and up stepped Big Jan to slot home. Rushy scored the winner in the second period of ET to bring absolute pandemonium in our end(s). 'We're on the march with Kenny's army' belted out until the final whistle and beyond and I just knew we were gonna win the cup that year, and so it proved in the greatest way possible at Wembley in May.

I'm trying to think another game but the home leg against Barca last year keeps coming to mind. Maybe not my happiest memory but it was probably my proudest outside of finals. Even though we lost the way that the players battled and dominated the team that are probably the most talented in the World was just brilliant. Kuyt and Bellamy were awesome that night, no defence will ever have been worked as hard and pressured as much as they were that night, there was no such thing as a lost cause.

Guest Devils Advocate
the derby the other year against the blues when Gerrard got sent off,

When Sami Hyppia came back onto the pitch in that game was class, showed the whol team wanting to take it to the shite, full of spirit

When Sami Hyppia came back onto the pitch in that game was class, showed the whol team wanting to take it to the shite, full of spirit

I've still yet to see a midfield performance that comes close to Xabi's in that game. Unreal.

Gary Mac's penalty against Barca in 2001 is close to being the best, but his final minute special against the shite. Great stuff from the man.

Without a shadow of a doubt, everton 0-5 Liverpool. That game made me take my eyes off the best pair of tits i've ever seen. They belonged to my sister in law, who was at the match with me, i almost, but not quite, wanted the shite to score, just to see her jump up and down and so i could watch them puppies jiggle.

Has there ever been a funnier, or shorter, debut than Glenn Keeleys?