You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks gillette parry get your fingers out

shouter

Come on whats going on.The mancs are sniffing round tevez.Weve been crying out for a player like him for years a Dalglish Beardsley type player who can drop deep and make things happen.Ferguson knows how important a player like this is since they had cantona and sheringham.Rooney was bought for this role but maybee they think hes not producing on a regular level,and thats why they are now after tevez.If we let this player slip through the net because of internal politics esp to them twats that will be it for me,so come on GET A FUCKING GRIP.

Come on whats going on.The mancs are sniffing round tevez.Weve been crying out for a player like him for years a Dalglish Beardsley type player who can drop deep and make things happen.Ferguson knows how important a player like this is since they had cantona and sheringham.Rooney was bought for this role but maybee they think hes not producing on a regular level,and thats why they are now after tevez.If we let this player slip through the net because of internal politics esp to them twats that will be it for me,so come on GET A FUCKING GRIP.

Its not there fingers they need to get out

Guest Jay W

Maybe they've enquired and he's out of our reach? Maybe buying him wouldn't leave enough funds for other targets. If the scum can go out and spend 50 mill in two days and still target quality individuals what does that say? Obviously they can do it, we can't otherwise we wouldn't be still mulling over Malouda, missing out on Alves, pondering Mancini and thinking about second rate players like Forlan, Milito and Bent.

Ive just had it if this is the case.What the fuck was the point in selling out to the yanks if we cant compete for these players.The big sell was that rafa would have the right funds to compete.I hope im wrong and they come good but it doesent look good does it.

What the fuck was the point in selling out to the yanks if we cant compete for these players.The big sell was that rafa would have the right funds to compete.

If we didn't sell to somebody there would be no new stadium and no money to spend on players. Whether the yanks were the best option nobody will ever know, all we do know is that if was the best option to beef up Moores' bank account.

Guest Jay W
Ive just had it if this is the case.What the fuck was the point in selling out to the yanks if we cant compete for these players.The big sell was that rafa would have the right funds to compete.I hope im wrong and they come good but it doesent look good does it.

The yanks stating money will be there if the players are right for the club, Rafa coming out and giving a rant about getting things done quickly and reports of lack of progress on players or reports that we've missed the boat with certain players doesn't exactly fill the fans with confidence no.

Finished with my woman cause she couldnt help me with my mind

People think Im insane because I am browning all the time

All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy

Think Ill lose my mind if I dont find something to pacify

Can you help me thought you were my friend

Whoah yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I cant find

I cant see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind

Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry

Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state

I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but its too late

Guest PaddyBerger15
Finished with my woman cause she couldnt help me with my mind

People think Im insane because I am browning all the time

All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy

Think Ill lose my mind if I dont find something to pacify

Can you help me thought you were my friend

Whoah yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I cant find

I cant see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind

Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry

Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state

I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but its too late

That is one of the greatest songs in the history of the world right there....

Guest PaddyBerger15
Gerrard, Reina, Carragher, Alonso signed to new long term deals.

New plans for stadium submitted

Brazils player of the year signed

Number of young players signed.

Not bad for 2/3 weeks work.

But not according to Rafa according to Bascombe.

Maybe they've enquired and he's out of our reach? Maybe buying him wouldn't leave enough funds for other targets. If the scum can go out and spend 50 mill in two days and still target quality individuals what does that say? Obviously they can do it, we can't otherwise we wouldn't be still mulling over Malouda, missing out on Alves, pondering Mancini and thinking about second rate players like Forlan, Milito and Bent.

A straight swap Owen for Bellamy, allows funds for going after Teves

If the scum can go out and spend 50 mill in two days and still target quality individuals what does that say?

It suggests to me that they are probably spending the money they have received from sly tv and other sources together with money they anticipate coming in over the next season from sly tv and other sources at the very least. I also understand there is talk of restructuring their debt again which means they would have more cash to spare and less to repay on their loans.

It remains to be seen if LFC will take the same course ie speculate on future income or, will only spend what we actual have.

There was talk of Man U being up for sale again so it might not matter to the owners about paying the money back ? buy the best players sell the club everyone thinks the Glaziers where great or impose a spending cap buy squad players have the crowd turn and try to sell a club in forth place for top money

I wouldnt use the Mancs as an excample for anything to do with my club

Liverpool, Habs peas in Gillett's pod

Many similarities. And both teams have passionate fans

DAVE STUBBS, The Gazette

Published: Monday, June 11, 2007

George Gillett Jr. searched for a way to describe watching his Liverpool soccer club play for the Champions League title May 23 in Athens.

"I think the birth of our children was more worrisome on one hand," the Canadiens majority owner and father of four sons said finally. "And more pleasurable on the other. But short of that, it was pretty exciting."

Liverpool wound up a goal short, defeated 2-1 by AC Milan. But the loss did nothing to tarnish the lustrous finish on his latest investment, as much a public trust as a team that, like the Canadiens, is steeped in rich tradition and impressive success.

Liverpool had advanced to the final with a 1-0 home-field shootout win over Chelsea.

"It was magical," Gillett said of that May 1 night, "like attending the greatest sports event you ever go to on steroids. Nothing can compare to it."

He had bought Liverpool FC three months earlier, partners in the deal with Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers owner Tom Hicks. The purchase price of an estimated $907 million (Canadian) bought out shareholders, assumed debt and will finance a new stadium in Stanley Park.

Gillett spoke radiantly of the Liverpool brand and said all the right things, perhaps trying to allay the fears of the team's passionate fans to whom foreign - worse, American - ownership was a three-headed beast. Rewind to 2001, when he bought the Canadiens, and you'll recall the same emotions in this city.

In just four months of signing soccer cheques, Gillett has learned there are many similarities between Liverpool and the Canadiens.

"Primarily, the passion of the fans - their knowledge and interest," he said in a recent discussion from his office in Vail, Colo.

"I don't think in hockey there's a group of fans who know more about sport or are more emotionally invested in their team than in Montreal. The same is true for Liverpool. To some extent, both communities have a chip on their shoulder. They've been through a lot and both are coming back nicely.

"Montreal is doing well economically, we've got an outstanding mayor and a new (provincial) government that seems to be doing well. There's some of the same in Liverpool, one of the fastest-growing cities in Europe."

The personal side of soccer ownership, he said, is also not far removed from that of hockey; in both sports, Gillett enjoys getting to know his players.

In Athens, he arranged for tickets for three special guests, all friends of Finnish-native Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia: Canadiens captain Saku Koivu and his Minnesota Wild brother, Miko, and for-now Canadiens defenceman Janne Niinimaa.

He speaks glowingly of Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, both as field boss and businessman, and downplays any talk of Benitez lighting a fire beneath himself and Hicks to spend lavishly on new talent in a league where the phrase "salary cap" does not exist.

"I read that Rafa (Benitez) is throwing hand grenades at us and making demands ... that there's a tension or disagreement between him and the Gillett and Hicks families," Gillett said. "Nothing could be farther from the truth.

"As far back as February, Rafa laid out a program for us. Each one of our sports businesses has a core concept. You can't just flop around looking at opportunities here and there, go left, go right. It has to be part of an integrated plan. We have one at Liverpool, as we have with the Canadiens, one we understand 100 per cent, believe in and support.

"The plan involves us spending money, but it will be part of a plan, not just spending like a drunken sailor."

In the past week, Liverpool has signed four high-profile players important to its future: captain Steven Gerrard and defender Jamie Carragher through 2011, and goalkeeper Pepe Reina and midfielder Xabi Alonso through 2012.

Having gone to the Champions League final two of the past three seasons, Benitez - and his bosses - would love to see improvement on English soil. Liverpool is without a Premiership title since 1990, and finished 21 points back of Manchester United this year.

"Hockey and soccer are all about teamwork, and Rafa believes in that very strongly," Gillett said. "It's the same in almost all of life - it's about partnership, teamwork and communication. It's not all about money.

"In all candour, the Gillett and Hicks families have to say we've been pretty lucky to arrive on the scene and enjoy this first-season success. It's heady and a lot of fun, but it sure would be a mistake for us to try to act like we had anything to do with it.

"This is the work of (former chairman and life president) David Moores and (chief executive) Rick Parry and Rafa and the players. We were the fortunate beneficiaries of circumstance."