You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team V Portsmouth

Faustus

Will be very interesting this one as I'd imagine it'll be a starting line-up consisting of a lot of fringe players and maybe the odd youngster could feature. I'll go for:

Dudek

Finnan

Hyypia

Paletta

Riise

El Zhar

Mascherano

Zenden

Gonzalez

Fowler

Bellamy

Anyone else going to this by the way? Well looking forward to that six hour coach journey myself.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, the very worst thing Rafa could do is rest his players for Tuesday. One of the main reasons we were below par last night was that they've not had a run of games. The best preparation for Chelsea is to send out a team to absolute twat Portsmouth by as many goals as possible.

-------------------------------Dudek---------------------------------

Paletta--------------Hobbs-------------Hyypia------------------Insua

Anderson------------Sissoko------------Duran----------------Gonzalez

---------------------El Zhar-----------Fowler------------------------

In my opinion, the very worst thing Rafa could do is rest his players for Tuesday. One of the main reasons we were below par last night was that they've not had a run of games. The best preparation for Chelsea is to send out a team to absolute twat Portsmouth by as many goals as possible.

That's really just your opinion Paul. It has no basis of fact.

I think it's a good opportunity to play some young lads and have the main first teamers in peak condition physically for Tuesday.

-------------------------------Dudek---------------------------------

Paletta--------------Hobbs-------------Hyypia------------------Insua

Anderson------------Sissoko------------Duran----------------Gonzalez

---------------------El Zhar-----------Fowler------------------------

Hasn't Duran got a major injury?

That's really just your opinion Paul. It has no basis of fact.

I think it's a good opportunity to play some young lads and have the main first teamers in peak condition physically for Tuesday.

I reckon the fact that the first three words I wrote were, "In my opinion..." might have given you a clue there, Adam.

Is it Serious?

I think so. a cruciate or achiles or something like that iirc.

EDIT:-

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2007/mar/19/N155328070319-1315.htm

Liverpool midfielder Francisco Duran has been ruled out of action for five to six months with a cruciate ligament injury.

The Spanish youth international picked up the injury in only his second reserve team game during the 1-0 defeat away at Middlesbrough on March 7.

It is a blow for the former Malaga player who only joined Liverpool in January.

I think so. a cruciate or achiles or something like that iirc.

EDIT:-

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2007/mar/19/N155328070319-1315.htm

Liverpool midfielder Francisco Duran has been ruled out of action for five to six months with a cruciate ligament injury.

The Spanish youth international picked up the injury in only his second reserve team game during the 1-0 defeat away at Middlesbrough on March 7.

It is a blow for the former Malaga player who only joined Liverpool in January.

It's always a long time getting back to action when you injure The Reflex muscles.

From BBC:

Liverpool (from): Dudek, Arbeloa, Paletta, Hyypia, Riise, Zenden, Sissoko, Mascherano, Pennant, Bellamy, Kuyt, Fowler, Crouch, Padelli, Gonzalez, Anderson, Alonso, Agger.

No Reina, Gerrard or Carragher. Alonso and Agger unlikely to feature.

I really hope Anderson gets a chance.

From BBC:

Liverpool (from): Dudek, Arbeloa, Paletta, Hyypia, Riise, Zenden, Sissoko, Mascherano, Pennant, Bellamy, Kuyt, Fowler, Crouch, Padelli, Gonzalez, Anderson, Alonso, Agger.

from that then i would guess dude/arbeloa,paletta,sami,riise/pennant,mash,zenden,gonzo/fowler,bellamy

From BBC:

I think Spearing may have been given a chance, if the final had been played one day earlier. Too little rest between the final and tomorrows game for the youth team players.

I disagree, and I'll be absolutely baffled if Rafa plays a full strength side in a "meaningless" game three days before a decisive CL semi-final. Use the squad and play some of the fringe players.

I should have been more specific. I was referring to the second sentence.

What do you want me to do? Write it before every sentence? Of course it's not fact. The whole thing is my opinion. Have I missed something here? Is there a new forum rule that you have to provide empirical evidence for every idea you happen to share with the forum? Fucking hell, Adam, you've obviously been smoking whatever Captain is on - with a big fat slice of Hermes' pedantic toast to satisfy the munchies afterwards, as well, by the looks of things.

Fucking hell, Adam, you've obviously been smoking whatever Captain is on - with a big fat slice of Hermes' pedantic toast to satisfy the munchies afterwards, as well, by the looks of things.

But is that "in your opinion"? :whistle:

---------------Dudek-----------------

Arbeloa----Paletta----Hyypia------Riise

Anderson---Zenden---Momo---Pennant

--------Bellamy----Fowler------------

I would really like to see how Pennant does on the left, as I think he may just shade it over Bolo against the chavs next week.

I would also like everyone to join me in incantations to speed the recovery of Steve Finnan, as I would feel much happier with him at RB and Arbeloa at LB on Tuesday.

What do you want me to do? Write it before every sentence? Of course it's not fact. The whole thing is my opinion. Have I missed something here? Is there a new forum rule that you have to provide empirical evidence for every idea you happen to share with the forum? Fucking hell, Adam, you've obviously been smoking whatever Captain is on - with a big fat slice of Hermes' pedantic toast to satisfy the munchies afterwards, as well, by the looks of things.

Calm yourself dude.

Dont think many seen my post last night, but anyway...

Insua, Hobbs and El Zhar are the reserves who have been called up for this game.

Unfortunately, Anderson has not been called up. There are also a lot of the lads out on loan!

So don't know where the BBC got their information about the squad from??