You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ace albums you own that you forgot about

Juniper

Guest PaddyBerger15
I always end up going back to Jane's Addiction's Ritual de lo Habitual and Nothing's Shocking. They're both great LPs.

Any you can't beat Slanted and Enchanted from Pavement, unless you listen to some other Pavement stuff.

Couldnt argue with that...I was having a shufty through the stacks of CD storage boxes in my room the other day and there were loads of CDs Id forgotten that Id even bought, nevermind listened to them in a while. Some that have been getting airplay over the last week are:

Superchunk - Tossing Seeds

Monomen - Wrecker

Killing Joke - Night Time

Jack O'Fire - The destruction of squaresville

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Extra Width

That Petrol Emotion - Manic Pop Thrill

The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour

I really must get around to sticking all one billion of them on to my iPod at some point, Ive got about 100 albums on there and then stopped, theres storage boxes I havent even looked in in ages.

The first 2 on that list have certainly tickled me in the right places and brought back teenage/college memories.

I really must get around to sticking all one billion of them on to my iPod at some point, Ive got about 100 albums on there and then stopped .

Thats the thing you dont contemplate when buying an ipod

Seems a good idea to buy one to put all the albums you own on it, without realising how long it'll take you.

My ipod is Mrs Jnp's enemy now. I even have evenings I'm banned from using itunes!!!

(I'm only 60 or so albums into my 300+ strong collection)

Guest PaddyBerger15
Thats the thing you dont contemplate when buying an ipod

Seems a good idea to buy one to put all the albums you own on it, without realising how long it'll take you.

Is right mate, Ive spent nearly as long putting stuff on there as the missus has spent shoe shopping.

Once you start, you get on a roll and can do 20 or 30 .... the initial enthusiasm then peters out and then you come back to it, but when youve got hundreds to put on there, the task can seem Herculean.

It could take every evening for a month and you still might find the odd one here and there in a draw and on top of a bookcase that you had forgotten about.

There are people you can employ in london that will fill your ipod for you...

There are people in London you can employ who will fill your girlfriend while you fill your ipod

I wouldn't be interested in this type of service though.....some people might

Is right mate, Ive spent nearly as long putting stuff on there as the missus has spent shoe shopping.

Once you start, you get on a roll and can do 20 or 30 .... the initial enthusiasm then peters out and then you come back to it, but when youve got hundreds to put on there, the task can seem Herculean.

It could take every evening for a month and you still might find the odd one here and there in a draw and on top of a bookcase that you had forgotten about.

You should see Mrs Jnp's study. can't move without standing/falling over cd's

Maybe I should tidy it up, that'll keep her sweet. I know what you mean, once you're on a roll it's addictive.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Mrs RJ got an Ipod for crimbo and I've been downloading loads of stuff for her and come across some cracking stuff I'd forgotton about.

The Smiths - The Queen is Dead

Gets a v big tick:thumbup:

There is a light that never goes out, Cemetary Gates and Some girls are bigger than others are all quality songs, real quality.

Black Grape - It's great when you're straight...yeah

Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix

Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space

Shadow and Cut Chemist - Brainfreeze

The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II

RJD2 - Your Face or Your Kneecaps

Paul Nice - Breaks for Days

Black Grape - It's great when you're straight...yeah

Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix

Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis

Shadow and Cut Chemist - Brainfreeze

The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II

RJD2 - Your Face or Your Kneecaps

Paul Nice - Breaks for Days

I recently got that out. A masterpiece. Especially with the original promo album containing the elvis falling in love with you lyrics he wasnt allowed to use.

The prodigy - fat of the land

Aye, Fat of the Land is a fave, but how good was Experience?

Out of Space and Fire were both exceptional, Ruff in the Jungle and Charly were top, top tunes and the whole thing was so raw at the time.

It was probably due to the hormones rushing through my veins.

Plus a heady cocktail of drink and drugs.

Fuckin A! Nice one, had completely forgotten about this album, had it on tape ages ago... Emule here I come :thumbup:

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies also rules hard... with Sap as well, it may as well be an album. Faith No More's Real Thing was better than Angel dust I thought.

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Kyuss - Sky Valley

Goldie - Timeless

Nitin Sawhney - Beyond Skin

Talvin Singh - OK