You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quarter- and semi-finals draw

kop

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not as enthusiastic about this as everyone else. I think we'll be fine against PSV, but if it comes down to another semi against Chelsea, I fear the gods won't be smiling upon us again.

A heretic. Stone him. Zeus has spoken with the Oracle. The legions of Liverpudlian warriors are preparing for battle already. Rafael is going to conquer the ancient world.

I don't think Chelsea will beat Valencia. That Inter debacle may have the same effect on Valencia like the golf club incident had on us and Chelsea struggled a lot with Porto too.

On top of that they will have their hands full trying to beat the Mancs in the Premiership.

I was thinking the same thing. Don't ask me why, but i've just got this funny feeling that Bayern will do well.

Bayern are like us in 2005. unfancied, doing poor domestically. they will beat milan handy imo.

We have no excuse. best possible draw :thumbup: - and we should not be complacent after Koeman last year.

Regarind Uts and Chlesea - Roma is not the worst draw. I fancy utd.

Chelsea - its tougher for them. Valencia for me. I think a lot depends on wheter Terry is available or not.

Very happy with that draw, we get the second leg at Anfield as well i presume.

I dont agree with some people saying manu got an easy draw, i think they will struggle against Roma and i wouldn't be surprised if they knocked them out.

Im thinking Liverpool V Bayern final.

Dont think Utd have got it easy at all, they're well solid defensively with Mexes and Chivu, De Rossi, Pizzarro, Perrota in midfield and Taddei, Totti and Mancini are more than capable. I think Valencia will knock out Chelsea.

On paper we have the easiest tie, even easier considering what we done to them in the groups and the good thing is we already know exactly how they'll play, for the 0-0, 1-0 in the first leg but we've been stung by Koeman before and had the "easy" tie last season so have to watch it

I'm happy with the draw, although we've already played PSV twice this season, it's still going to be a tough two games.

Not sure who we'll face in the semi's Chelsea or Valencia but it's going to be another nail bitter for sure.

I'm confident we'll be in Atens though as we didn't get the hardest route to the final. You never know come May

6 times does look like a very real possibilty though.....fingers crossed

I was thinking the same thing. Don't ask me why, but i've just got this funny feeling that Bayern will do well.

well lads for once it looks like fortune smiled upon us but let us not forget Benfica. As for Chelsea and the Mancs those are not easy draws at all.

theres no doubt the draw is a kind one, but lets not count our chickens just yet?

as people have already said koeman sets his teams up very defensively & we are going to find it hard to break them down for the away goal. unlike barca at the nou camp i dont think they will come out gung ho & leave us space for the counter attack. koeman has a great record against brithish teams, beating united, aresenal & us!

we should win the but lets not underestimate koemans tactical abilities!