You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dancing Dave - cancer donation

DT

I spoke to Dave earlier and we have agreed we should try to set up a small collection of donations from users of this forum - and others if they wish - to go to cancer research in the light of the sad passing away of Dancing Dave.

We hope people will just give a little to hopefully help make sure that one day no one will have to die from cancer.

Dave will set up the payment link as soon as he has time (busy period) if people on here decide to support the idea.

Please register your support - you don't have to make public the amount - and we will have it set up shortly.

Merry christmas everyone.

Just an idea - is it worth setting it up on the http://www.justgiving.com website? They've got all the gear they need for claiming back tax (28%) on donations from UK taxpayers, plus their transaction charges are probably quite low.

I don't mind setting it up (it takes five minutes) but there are quite a few charities to choose from.

If you would, that would be of great helt. Go for it.

I'm all for it. Pardon my ignorance though but who is Dancing Dave? Was he a member of this forum? Whoever he is its always tragic when someone dies of this terrible illness.

He's still registered as a user, you can read his posts if you want.

He was particularly forthright in telling certain posters when they were talking bollocks. You would have liked him.

Paul - as Dirk says it lets you donate with just about all cards. I've used it to donate before many a time when people have been running marathons and so on.

I just had a look for you and they have debit card logos for Maestro, Delta, Solo etcetera.

Ta.

We're £15 short of the £150 total Real Red set when he set up the page.

Also, does anyone know any details about Dave's funeral etc?

I've upped it to the 150.

One thing, please remember this next year and the years after this as well. Cancer is doing so much bad to so many people out there, DD is just one of them that loose their lives to this each day.

RIP, to each and everyone of them.