You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russell Brand

Thants

Russell Brand - Well?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Russell Brand - Well?

• Surreal genius on speed?
    • Unfunny twat
    • Who's Russell Brand?

On 22/07/2013 at 12:54, Champ said:

Just spotted that he was on Desert Island Discs on Friday. Reckon it'll be worth a listen

BBC iPlayer - Desert Island Discs: Russell Brand

On 22/07/2013 at 21:32, Champ said:

It was. He really can't make him out. I think Kirsty was hoping for flirtatious Brand but got a much more reflective persona instead.

Unsurprisingly, he had a very varied selection of music

On 29/11/2013 at 14:00, Champ said:

In psychiatric terms its like pressure of speech on the page but his knowledge and use of language is so uplifting

On 26/10/2013 at 07:52, Paul said:

I think he's fucking brilliant: funny, articulate, passionate, caring and self-deprecating. That New Statesman piece is ace.

On 26/10/2013 at 08:00, Paul said:

See what I mean? Fucking brilliant. Utterly futile too, of course, but brilliant nonetheless.

On 04/05/2015 at 14:06, Paul said:

His passion is heartening in this day and age. Let's hope this has some sort of positive impact. I guarantee the Tories will slag him off for it though.

On 08/05/2015 at 18:02, Paul said:

Come on Dennis. He didn't "sell" anything and he's patently not a wanker. He's a decent, caring bloke trying to navigate through the minefield between his celebrity and his opinions. He's doing something he doesn't have to do simply because he hopes it will help make things better.

He might well be naive, narcissistic and flawed, but he's a nice bloke who cares about people and that is never, ever a bad thing - especially in this shitty "me, me, me" Thatcherite dystopia we all inhabit.

This is why the idea of digging up old opinions on people or asking "why didn't people say anything before" is a nonsense in many cased.

Randomly found musings from Paul and Champ in 2013 and 2015. If I could pick two people on here who I'd want to take the side of on grounds of morality or decency, they'd be in my shortlist.

Brand is quite obviously not a good man, but good people once thought he was.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

This is why the idea of digging up old opinions on people or asking "why didn't people say anything before" is a nonsense in many cased.

Randomly found musings from Paul and Champ in 2013 and 2015. If I could pick two people on here who I'd want to take the side of on grounds of morality or decency, they'd be in my shortlist.

Brand is quite obviously not a good man, but good people once thought he was.

Aw, Bob, you’ll have me crying in a minute.

PS I read those quotes with fear in my heart. I think I just about got away with it

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I think an issue here is God famously appeared in the burning Bush to destroy Sin and dispense grace,

whereas Brand appeared and dispensed Sin in a 16 year school girls Bush.

Slightly more foliage in Gods Bush.

Was the 16 year old called Grace? 

On 17/09/2023 at 16:33, Redder Lurtz said:

For years I've absolutely detested this loathsome piece of shit, since the second I became aware of his existence. Whilst I pity the unfortunate women he's allegedly wronged I hope every allegation is true. I hope the vile bastard goes to prison and receives the kind of treatment cunts like him generally get. 

Just a point on this- Do we not see rehabilitation for these types of crimes?

As in we now just want the guy to be shanked in prison?

He's clearly turned his life around in other areas do sex criminals (I am sure he will be one) not get that same chance?

On 18/09/2023 at 12:45, Megadrive Man said:

I think this whole thing is going to massively backfire on Channel four and the BBC.

Both were complicit in elevating Brand and turning a blind eye to his behaviour.

It wasn't like this was in the 70's and 80's either so you can make a case that it was a different time back then, it's all happened in the last ten to fifteen years.  

Whilst this has happened in the last 15yrs we as society in a lot of ways have evolved. 

With the emergence of Nuts and Zoo Magazines and the Lad culture it was thrown in my face as an adolescent  that this behaviour was the norm. The media lapped up the funny talking; ex smack head who could articulate beyond normal degrees of human communication and created a person that was allowed to go out shagging without consequences. 

Now I am not saying that the media should be responsible for any predatory behaviour but they have a lot to answer for in this culture. 

On 20/09/2023 at 00:27, Red Shift said:

The thing about necrophilia, is that one is more likely to get what one wants, and the victim can’t fight back.

Is this from experience?

On 20/09/2023 at 14:16, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I think I went to Maccies for my 15th, I'll be honest it didn't appear sex related until I got locked in the fridge.

Now we know why BoJo got locked in that fridge. Nadine was hiding behind the brussels wasnt she?

23 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Looks like someone we know.

This reference was incredibly clever and didnt get the accolades it deserved.  

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Just a point on this- Do we not see rehabilitation for these types of crimes?

As in we now just want the guy to be shanked in prison?

He's clearly turned his life around in other areas do sex criminals (I am sure he will be one) not get that same chance?

How can he be rehabilitated when he's not yet been convicted and paid his debt to society.