You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New stadium

GOLDMEMBER

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100regionalnews/tm_objectid=16905248%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=liverpool%2dsubmits%2dnew%2dstadium%2dplan-name_page.html

It say's it restricted to 45,000 seats unless we can come up with transport plans. If so whats the point of moving, and why are the council being pricks?

That's probably just a standard thing. More improtant issue is, is it eligible for the CL?

Anyone heard anything about the deadline for the £9m EU-money which was the end of last month? We had to have the finances sorted before the end of the month, etc. In the above article they say that "......the North West Development Agency confirmed it will hand over crucial millions to the scheme as long as the club can raise the necessary private finance." Does that mean we've got an extention on the deadline (if indeed these money are the same as the EU-money)?

Anyone heard anything about the deadline for the £9m EU-money which was the end of last month? We had to have the finances sorted before the end of the month, etc. In the above article they say that "......the North West Development Agency confirmed it will hand over crucial millions to the scheme as long as the club can raise the necessary private finance." Does that mean we've got an extention on the deadline (if indeed these money are the same as the EU-money)?

I believe the deadline has been extended..

I want a single tier KOP style stand

I want stands as close to the pitch as they are now

I want a stadium that does not resemble a big Reebok

This 45,000 thing would be temporary of course, but it really does show how difficult the whole new soccerreebokdome project has been so far. It's just another hurdle.

This 45,000 thing would be temporary of course, but it really does show how difficult the whole new soccerreebokdome project has been so far. It's just another hurdle.

I think the third one is already too late. The first two are most important though.

This worries me aswell. I hope they don't lose all the characteristics that make Liverpool FC such an enigmatic place to visit.

A single Kop tier is a must.

The crowd next to the pitch is a must.

The 'This is Anfield' sign as the players walk to the pitch.

Home changing rooms that exemplify the history and passion of the club and football.

A stadium that is designed to boost sound, if such a thing is possible.

We must not lose the feeling that the home of LFC is unique.

As far as I know it is architects based in Manchester that have made the design.

That`s no good!

Think it looks quite awfull and I fear it will be out of date before we`ve even kicked a single ball at the ground. At that price it should be more innovative and not look like something that has been made the same day Bolton got their new ground. Is it part of the complete Reebok package?

And why on earth can`t the capacity be increased in the future?

And stick the 9 mill euros up the arse on the NWAD. Peanuts and shouldn`t be of any importance, but of cause a "nice" little bonus. We paid almost the same for Diao!

Think of how many "footballtourists" that come to the city to watch Liverpool. They spend a lot of money that benifits the community and the city in general.

I just don`t understand why there isn`t more support from the authorities to get the new stadium under way?

As far as I know it is architects based in Manchester that have made the design.

That`s no good!

Think it looks quite awfull and I fear it will be out of date before we`ve even kicked a single ball at the ground. At that price it should be more innovative and not look like something that has been made the same day Bolton got their new ground. Is it part of the complete Reebok package?

And why on earth can`t the capacity be increased in the future?

And stick the 9 mill euros up the arse on the NWAD. Peanuts and shouldn`t be of any importance, but of cause a "nice" little bonus. We paid almost the same for Diao!

Think of how many "footballtourists" that come to the city to watch Liverpool. They spend a lot of money that benifits the community and the city in general.

I just don`t understand why there isn`t more support from the authorities to get the new stadium under way?

The architects and designs are a firm called buro happold, the building firm that liverpool lined up for the staduim are merseyside based, but have since pulled out.

I'm pretty certain that any opposition would be much diminished if Everton were in a position to do something similar themselves. And they would be too, ifitadnabinfor....
One group objecting will be Joe Kenny and the Anfield Action Residents Committee thought he had crawled under a stone and died but he is alive and well and ready for action :wallbutt: .

I'm pretty certain that any opposition would be much diminished if Everton were in a position to do something similar themselves. And they would be too, ifitadnabinfor....

When the "kings dock" staduim was annouonced every counciller and his dog thought it was a great idea. The reason were not getting the support is because we've fucked everton off with all this ground share idea, and the council arent happy.