You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FIFA 06 or Professional Evolution Soccer 05?

Guest spidey

Hi guys, wondered if anyone has played either of these on the PS2 as i love playing footie on the PS2. and i'm thinking of upgrading my FIFA 2005.

from what i've read of them FIFA 06 is more managerial and has more qualities like designing your own players etc.. budgets, sponshorip. n evolution is more dynamic on the gameplay.

if you've played either or have one of them or both, i'd be gratful for your opinion.

Hi guys, wondered if anyone has played either of these on the PS2 as i love playing footie on the PS2. and i'm thinking of upgrading my FIFA 2005.

from what i've read of them FIFA 06 is more managerial and has more qualities like designing your own players etc.. budgets, sponshorip. n evolution is more dynamic on the gameplay.

if you've played either or have one of them or both, i'd be gratful for your opinion.

I've got both and it depends what u like in ur footie games if its managerial type choose Fifa but if it is raw gameplay then pro is easily the best

Most of the players have the right names it's just the clubs that have changed ones, we're called Merseyside Reds but you can change all of that on the edit screen.

The game itself's a load harder than the last one, more of a midfield slog as nearly everyone plays a 4-5-1 and the defences drop right back once you get the ball.

FIFA is shite against Pro Evo, come to think of it no football game I have ever played (apart from Sensible world of soccer) comes close to the greatness of Pro Evo.

FIFA is just wank, end of!

Go buy Pro Evo boy!!!

I downloaded sensible world of socer the other week, memories of my teens came flooding back. Pro EVo 5 over any game at the moment. Fifa 06 i sok and a lot better than the previous 25 or howevermany they made. And it's online play. What the World has been waiting for

Fifa 06 is just like every other fifa game i.e.'let's introduce a new pointless gimmick this year like halfway through the second half everyone stops dead and starts doin the tango with the person nearest to them.'Well...something like that.Oh and its got shrek on the front.

FIFA has never come close to representing what football is like. It's the gaming equivalant of Sky, flash on the top and shallow underneath. Pro Evo every time. :yes:

that is f****** spot on!!

pro evo 5 is awesome, it takes some getting used to, but wait unitl you get the hang of it ;)

I downloaded sensible world of socer the other week, memories of my teens came flooding back.

Oh yes :yes: Sensi was some game. Used to love that. Think I had a copy from about 1993 which I played on for about 5 or 6 years, but when I upgraded my computer it didn't work because the PC was far too fast for it.

Can you still get it on PC or PS2?

Pro Ev by the proverbial street for me even though the new one isnt as good as years gone by so far but I am still getting the hang of it.

That's the way it goes with Pro Evo though, the first week you sit there muttering like a mentalist whilst the computer takes the ball off you whilst giving you a wedgie 5 times a half. It is in the difficulty that the satisfaction lies.

HAd the Japanese version of Pro ev5 for a good 4/5 weeks.. Think its called Winning 11? Anyway it did my fuckin head in, so went back to PES4. Got the new one recently and like all pro Evs itgs impossible to start off with. As ever they've slapped a few new touches like delayed bookings etc. Played about ten hrs yesterday (on masterleague) and round 8 today. I am a student?? My thumb has never been so fookin' soar!!!

Oh yes :yes: Sensi was some game. Used to love that. Think I had a copy from about 1993 which I played on for about 5 or 6 years, but when I upgraded my computer it didn't work because the PC was far too fast for it.

Can you still get it on PC or PS2?

You can get classic games from the below, also got the original champ man 93. What joy it is to have Ronnie Whelan, JOhn BArnes Torben Piechnick lol and a young God and Macca.

Old Games

You can pay £3.84 on pay-pal for 30 dyas unlimeited downloading, some gaems work others dont, but well worth had some good old games from it

Played Fifa '06 yesterday for the first time. Gave it a good going over. 8 hours in fact, maybe even more O_o .

I found it a lot better than other version of the Fifa, on the whole it looks good, has nice intricate passing buy I feel it is let down by how easy it is to score those lovely 35 yard first time shot screamers. A bi tlike coffee flavoured Revel. Looks nice on the outside but when you bite into it you are left a tad dissapointed.

I give it a 7.5 . Im off to buy Pro Evo now oh the joy the joy