You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New York

Kev Saunderson

Anyone been?? I'm going in December and was wondering if anyone's got any tips for bars, clubs etc.

Going for 4 days to NYC and then 4 days to Vegas right after. All courtesy of Mrs Kev Saunderson (she rules) for my big 3 0 birthday celebrations.

Will be away for the 2nd Euro game against the Chelsea scum boys. Will be watching it in Vegas at Dinner time with a nice cold one.

don't know what to tell you about nyc, as i think it sucks. i hate both coasts. they're full of self-important assholes.

vegas, however, is a different story. be sure to ride the bigshot (or the cumshot as i fondly call it) on top of the stratosphere. gamble at slots of fun in front of circus circus. it's a hole in the wall place with cheap craps and blackjack, and the beer is free.

NYC is fantastic! I have been there twice and are due to fly out again for 4 days at the end of this month as part of a two week USA/Canada driving holiday. The only downside being that I miss both Chelsea home games (I think I am in Toronto).

Go Leafs Go.

If in Toronto you can watch the match at the Scallywags pub, HQ of the Toronto Suppoters club.

http://www.lfctoronto.com/content/toronto-lfc-supporters-join-us.htm

NYC is ace. We had five days there on our honeymoon. A good plan is buy a Rough Guide and plan your days. We'd get the subway to the furthest point we were going to be from our hotel, have breakfast at that point and then walk back stopping at all the places we wanted to visit on the way back. Eg, Wall St for breakfast, ferry to Liberty Island, up the twin towers (obviously not an option now), China Town for lunch, MOMA in the pm, movie (as they say in NYC) at the Ziegfeld, dinner in Little Italy, Rainbow Rooms cocktails in the evening, stroll back grabbing a beer at a 24 deli on the way. (NB, this is probably an amalgamation of things from different days we did, as I can't remember the exact order of things, but you get my drift).

it'll be fucking cold in december

I believe it can be near arctic conditions around Xmas time over there.

We are going to New York on the 30th of Nov and then flying to Vegas on the 4th or 5th. I dont think its nowhere near as cold in Vegas though.

Can't wait for it as I was supposed to go to Vegas last Xmas / New Year with the missus but we had to cancel as she got taken into hospital on Xmas Eve and was unable to fly for 10 days after that. Only recently got the cash back off our insurance company - B*stards.

Staying in 54th Street in new York , which I've been told is right by Broadway. Cannot wait for it.

And I've been on the 11th Street bar website, so Im deffo checking that out.

Cheers for the tips everyone.

We are going to New York on the 30th of Nov and then flying to Vegas on the 4th or 5th. I dont think its nowhere near as cold in Vegas though.

Can't wait for it as I was supposed to go to Vegas last Xmas / New Year with the missus but we had to cancel as she got taken into hospital on Xmas Eve and was unable to fly for 10 days after that. Only recently got the cash back off our insurance company - B*stards.

Staying in 54th Street in new York , which I've been told is right by Broadway. Cannot wait for it.

also check out http://www.lfcny.org

They're a good bunch of lads. Met them while I was over there.

also check out http://www.lfcny.org

They're a good bunch of lads. Met them while I was over there.

Was looking at it the other week.

I read on it that you can call them while you are over there and if you are busy during a game, they will tape it for you and let you watch it when you go the bar. That is quality that.

Anyone been?? I'm going in December and was wondering if anyone's got any tips for bars, clubs etc.

Going for 4 days to NYC and then 4 days to Vegas right after. All courtesy of Mrs Kev Saunderson (she rules) for my big 3 0 birthday celebrations.

Will be away for the 2nd Euro game against the Chelsea scum boys. Will be watching it in Vegas at Dinner time with a nice cold one.

They both do really good episodes of CSI.....

csi is ok. Dont you find that the case comes together like all of a fuckin sudden. Or someone confesses with no lawyers in the room.

Whereas Vick Mac just turns the camera off and kicks the living shit out of em. And then they confess. The shield rules

No mate, SHE had to cancel.

Gaylord.

;)

There are a million things to see in NY. Time Square, central park, chinatown, little Italy, don't know where to start. Natural history museum is awesome, visit the planaterium there and you will be amazed. Jeckell and Hyde restaurant is fun and a novelty, there are 2 in the city. Take a trip down to ground zero at the world trade center for a dose of reality, or visit the aircraft carrier intrepid, now a museum with planes galore. Not to mention having a submarine docked beside it that you can tour, and Concord along side also!!

Las Vegas is the place to be!!! The strip is fantastic, you can spend a day walking up and down, visiting the hotels and seeing the free shows they have laid on. Treasure island hotel has an outside moat, with 2 pirate ships and daily shows in which one of the gets sunk. Pure hollywood stuff!! Each hotel has its own attraction to get you in and play slots. The hilton hotel has Star Trex " The Experience", fuckin magic!! You gotta try it. The ride at the top of the Stratosphere is great, if you like that thing, I will never do it again! There is an amazing roller coaster built around the New York New York Hotel, again magic!

If you are getting a rental car, drive to Red rock Canyon, about 20 minutes drive from the strip. Unbelievable canyon, something out of a John Wayne movie, really surreal. A 3 hour drive will take you to the slat flats of death valley California, bit of a drive, but a once in a lifetime experience.

Take a trip into downtown Las Vegas, the old strip, they have the best pay outs for slots, and it feels less commercial.

The best buffet is a t the Rio hotel, unbelievable, try it and you will not be disappointed.

Ohh!! The best part!! The MGM hotel is the biggest in the world, you cannot miss it, its big and green! The road running alongside the Hotel is called Tropicana ave. If you follow it for about 1.5 miles you will see a store on the left hand side called The Gun Store. For about $20.00 you can get a Gun, 50 shells, and viisist there indoor firing range and pop a few caps into a paper target. Always wanted to say " pop a cap". They have M-16's, Uzi's, Magnums, you name it. Just bring your passport for ID and your all set. Brilliant!!

Anyways, best of luck with the trip, and make the most of it.

Spent my 21st birthday, absolutely brilliant loved the place, goin back for new year as part of my 'world tour' "cough cough"... had to mention it!!

Nearly took a job there this year, regretting it now like.

Anyway i recommend Kevin St James bar which is at 741 on 8th Ave also get a taxi to the HA! comedy club near times square and not too far from Kevin St James, classic place, funny as.

How fucking great is the new series? Vic vs Shane. It's fucking ace.

Ive only seen the first two series of the Shield.

Ive been waiting for ages for S3 to come out on DVD so Im way behind.

Can't seem to watch any show on tv now. I wait for it to come on DVD so I watch it as soon as I can. Can't handle the suspense of waiting another week for the next show. I watched the last series of the Sopranos in a day and a half.

There are a million things to see in NY. Time Square, central park, chinatown, little Italy, don't know where to start. Natural history museum is awesome, visit the planaterium there and you will be amazed. Jeckell and Hyde restaurant is fun and a novelty, there are 2 in the city. Take a trip down to ground zero at the world trade center for a dose of reality, or visit the aircraft carrier intrepid, now a museum with planes galore. Not to mention having a submarine docked beside it that you can tour, and Concord along side also!!

Las Vegas is the place to be!!! The strip is fantastic, you can spend a day walking up and down, visiting the hotels and seeing the free shows they have laid on. Treasure island hotel has an outside moat, with 2 pirate ships and daily shows in which one of the gets sunk. Pure hollywood stuff!! Each hotel has its own attraction to get you in and play slots. The hilton hotel has Star Trex " The Experience", fuckin magic!! You gotta try it. The ride at the top of the Stratosphere is great, if you like that thing, I will never do it again! There is an amazing roller coaster built around the New York New York Hotel, again magic!

If you are getting a rental car, drive to Red rock Canyon, about 20 minutes drive from the strip. Unbelievable canyon, something out of a John Wayne movie, really surreal. A 3 hour drive will take you to the slat flats of death valley California, bit of a drive, but a once in a lifetime experience.

Take a trip into downtown Las Vegas, the old strip, they have the best pay outs for slots, and it feels less commercial.

The best buffet is a t the Rio hotel, unbelievable, try it and you will not be disappointed.

Ohh!! The best part!! The MGM hotel is the biggest in the world, you cannot miss it, its big and green! The road running alongside the Hotel is called Tropicana ave. If you follow it for about 1.5 miles you will see a store on the left hand side called The Gun Store. For about $20.00 you can get a Gun, 50 shells, and viisist there indoor firing range and pop a few caps into a paper target. Always wanted to say " pop a cap". They have M-16's, Uzi's, Magnums, you name it. Just bring your passport for ID and your all set. Brilliant!!

Anyways, best of luck with the trip, and make the most of it.

Cheers Akido, so looking forward to it now.

Somebody told me about that Gun Store last year, have to try stuff like that don't you. Once in a life time sh*t firing guns, you won't get none of that in Kirkby...ahem.

I've just emailed the ESPN Zone in New New York and have asked them if the Chelsea game will be on. Im away for the last euro game against them.

Nice one for the info anyway.