You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ratcliffe

I know he’s been mentioned in the Ten Haag thread, but figured he’ll continue to be dreadful long after the manager has gone. 
Like so many of history’s bravest souls, Sir Tax Exile has primed the press ahead of making back room staff redundant, whilst continuing pay millions to miscellaneous sex offenders and other arseholes. 
https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/03/jim-ratcliffe-disgrace-manchester-united-facilities

Sir Jim Ratcliffe has ordered Manchester United’s staff to raise standards after describing the level of untidiness in offices as a “disgrace” and some dressing rooms as “not much better”.

Ratcliffe, the minority owner who controls United’s football policy, made his comments after a two-day tour of Old Trafford and the Carrington training ground.

He wrote: “I had a good tour around the some of the facilities. I am afraid I was struck in many places by a high degree of untidiness. In particular the IT department which frankly was a disgrace and the dressing rooms of the U18 and U21 were not much better.”

His remarks in an email to staff were sent on Friday afternoon. Ratcliffe then compares these standards with that of Ineos, the multibillion-pound company he owns.

“These standards would not come close to what we would expect at INEOS and we are a chemical company. Manchester United is an elite sporting organisation. It’s a small thing in many ways but unless an organisation has standards and discipline it will not succeed.

“I would be grateful in future if we adopt the proper standards of housekeeping everywhere. It reflects poorly on the club if we have visitors, young player parents, new players and and the media and they see we don’t care enough to keep things shipshape.”

• Upvote 2

Him and Moshiri the pair of cheeky twats living abroad to avoid paying tax but wanting public money to fund their stadium builds. 

If you avoid paying tax in a country you have no right to complain about the infrastructure or economy yet alone demand taxpayers money for one of your business ventures. 

Richard Branson is also a fucking cunt for wanting the government to bail him out. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Him and Moshiri the pair of cheeky twats living abroad to avoid paying tax but wanting public money to fund their stadium builds. 

If you avoid paying tax in a country you have no right to complain about the infrastructure or economy yet alone demand taxpayers money for one of your business ventures. 

Richard Branson is also a fucking cunt for wanting the government to bail him out. 

To be fair, I heard an interview with Burnham, he said there wasn't a way they were getting public money for a private project. But they want to use their private project to kickstart more development in the area and public money would be used to enhance local infrastructure. I wish someone in this city would be willing to do stuff like that around anfield and BMD because the city could benefit greatly from such investment. But we seem incapable of that as a city. 

Ironic him calling things untidy when he looks like he’s wearing a suit he nicked of the local tramp.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The Bitch works for him doesn't he? He got him a discount on a Belstaff biker jacket, fair enough that.

Nah she works for ….. oh our The Bitch. 

Sorry, as you were 

The fella ain’t got long to turn that shit around either he’ll be dead or bankrupt before he does while the glazers sit back and sip cocktails in the US lovely stuff really

This kind of thing reminds me of that second summer of David Moyes, when they brought in a new data team that was going to fix all the problems at United.

There were articles about the new iPads all around the offices, loaded with "software that has access to lists of 1000s of players" like it was something special. In my opinion, when the club is in a place to have to brief some friendly journos on how they're fixing the cleanliness of the IT department or installing brand new physio equipment or whatever, it's not a good sign.

• Upvote 1

I remember them describing it as a bunker. Moyes certainly did have a bunker mentality in his last month there, and he was left she’ll-shocked by the whole experience.

I’ll get my coat.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/26/david-moyes-glazer-rebuild-manchester-united

Moyes has reconfigured United's scouting system, with the 50-year-old creating a dedicated nerve-centre at Carrington that resembles the "bunker" from which he plotted player acquisition at Everton when manager.

He was great in the Elephant Man.  Which will endear him to most of their midfield who understand what it's like to be afflicted by public ridicule.

Celebrities Pay Tribute to John Hurt

• Haha 1

Wasn't there someone on here a while back, who's friend, or friend of a friend worked in an Admin role or office job of some description at United, and they said the place was a shit hole. Silly things like no stationary and it was full of temps because they couldn't hold onto their staff. 

It might be fun to make jokes at their expense, but I'd imagine if you're to fix a problem as big as utds. Then even the smallest details, like the scruffy cunt mentioned (untidyness), then I for one will not be pleased, because it seems they might finally, actually be getting their act together...... 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Wasn't there someone on here a while back, who's friend, or friend of a friend worked in an Admin role or office job of some description at United, and they said the place was a shit hole. Silly things like no stationary and it was full of temps because they couldn't hold onto their staff. 

It might be fun to make jokes at their expense, but I'd imagine if you're to fix a problem as big as utds. Then even the smallest details, like the scruffy cunt mentioned (untidyness), then I for one will not be pleased, because it seems they might finally, actually be getting their act together...... 

That will largely depend on how much they're paid or how they're treated. Your offices can look plush but if you pay your workers fuck all they will be looking for a way out asap. Lipstick on a pig and so forth.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That will largely depend on how much they're paid or how they're treated. Your offices can look plush but if you pay your workers fuck all they will be looking for a way out asap. Lipstick on a pig and so forth.

And he's already said unlike previously staff have to pay their own way to Wembley and for their food.

They also have to return to the office. I imagine they all already hate him.

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

To be fair, I heard an interview with Burnham, he said there wasn't a way they were getting public money for a private project. But they want to use their private project to kickstart more development in the area and public money would be used to enhance local infrastructure. I wish someone in this city would be willing to do stuff like that around anfield and BMD because the city could benefit greatly from such investment. But we seem incapable of that as a city. 

There was some kick off the other week where Steve Rotherham allegedly got 10 grand off the Home and Bargain owner then they relaxed the tall buildings policy on the King Edward site he bought as he wants to build a couple of 60 storey towers there.

3 hours ago, littletedwest said:

And he's already said unlike previously staff have to pay their own way to Wembley and for their food.

I read last week that they’ve even fucked that up.

Following Covid they downsized their offices and don’t have enough space/desks/IT equipment for everyone. 

6 hours ago, littletedwest said:

This is it in a nutshell. We already know that staff are being treated worse than they were previously. Now they’re being publicly chewed out. That’s a high-risk strategy for driving up standards, especially if it’s clearly something that hits the worse-paid staff the hardest. 
Maybe that policy will save them a few quid - but it’s a drop in the ocean compared to what they spend overall, so the benefits will be tiny.

And maybe it will improve some standards, but it publicly telling staff how shit they are may be counter-productive too - and no team ever won a football match because their IT department had really tidy offices. 

6 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

There was some kick off the other week where Steve Rotherham allegedly got 10 grand off the Home and Bargain owner then they relaxed the tall buildings policy on the King Edward site he bought as he wants to build a couple of 60 storey towers there.

I'd not heard about that. Is that a twitter rumour or was it in the press? 

Manchester Untied owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes spotted out shopping in Manchester yesterday.

While filming the famous scene where the alien bursts through John Hurt's  chest in Alien (1979) the filmmakers didn't tell the cast what would happen  so their reactions would be authentic. John

• Upvote 1