You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) - Sat 27th Apr 2024 (12: 30pm)

Trumo

2 hours ago, mike23 said:

It really took some going to throw that game away against a completely disinterested team after going 2-1 up. The defence seems to concede under the slightest bit of pressure. They never got organized again after Alisson flapped at that cross. Every game recently we've had opposition players throwing themselves in the way of what look like certain goals for us and making great blocks. At the other end we're just leaving players completely unmarked in the box with no one even close enough to make the chances difficult. 

The second half was miles better, but again all you can do is ask why it always needs to wait until the second half - and usually going a goal down - for it to happen. If they'd started the game with that attitude then they'd have won comfortably. 

The finishing was generally terrible yet again. Just players either missing the target or hitting shots tamely straight at the keeper. Even the 2 goals we scored involved a shot the keeper should have saved and an own goal which deflected off about 3 of their players. There were plenty of opportunities to get a third goal to wrap it up after it went to 2-1. It was so predictable that if we didn't get it that we would end up paying the price as defensively we seem to be completely incapable of digging in and seeing a game out.

Elliot's shot hitting the bar at the end pretty much just sums up how things have been going for the last few weeks. When things are going well those go in.

Taylor was as shit as ever. Why is he blowing his whistle there before Gakpo puts it in? It clearly wasn't a freekick. The look of sheer relief on his face was genuinely comical in the first half when he realized it was offside when there was a penalty incident so blatant he couldn't possibly not give it. But it's clutching at straws blaming the ref today. Our players are far more to blame. They threw away 2 more points because they can't get the basics right at either end of the pitch and because they seem to be completely incapable of starting games properly. 

Hiring a decent psychologist might be more important than who they hire as the new manager. I can't imagine there will be wholesale squad changes. Like it or not, most of these players will be back next year, and someone has to try and get to the bottom of how the hell a team everyone was praising for their mentality has completely shit the bed game when it mattered most.

The bald manc twat was playing advantage, you can see him signal it on the TV. Why he's playing advantage in West Ham's own fucking box is something you would have to ask the useless twat.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bossy said:

This probably won’t be a popular opinion or feeling, but I felt a bit sorry for them. You could see how much gakpo’s ‘goal’ mattered from the celebration, I think they’re punch drunk from the last couple of weeks. 

I thought we played well, why is everyone shitting on us?

Fuck the commentators, the atmosphere was flat because we had the ball and west ham couldn't get out. We are the away team, it's not our job to get the home fans to sing.

Obviously we have quality issues, we know that but at least they played like a team today, did the right things and played some good football at times. We didn't win this game because of two cheesy west hamy goals and because some of these guys just aren't good enough. 

Still think we showed much more desire, better attitude, better link play than we have in weeks today. We had players busting a gut, tackling, pressing, fuck me we even had a striker who won headers. I'm not pissed off with that performance, if we played like that these last 5 or 6 games we'd still be in the title race. It's come too late though.

• Upvote 3

Seems end of the day everybody is pissed off with eachother and you can’t blame them through shit starting line ups to even baffling shit substitutions and the inability to act quick enough to even make subs plus our defence can’t defend and for me that’s on the coaching staff

Last point we need a new era and it should have started after last season we’ve done fuck all really since 2020 

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

In play I just assumed Taylor had fucked up because he thought it was an injury. But that is full on cheating. Proper, full on cheating. It’s difficult to argue when he’s telling a player to go to the floor. Everyone, including the West Ham outfield players were playing on.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Mine is the most charitable interpretation possible. And he still emerges looking like a fucking cunt. 

Yup, whether incompetence or cheating, he shouldn’t be reffing games at this level….. and this comes straight after his shitshow at Goodison last weekend when he missed three Forest penalties. 

12 minutes ago, index1000 said:

The bald manc twat was playing advantage, you can see him signal it on the TV. Why he's playing advantage in West Ham's own fucking box is something you would have to ask the useless twat.

He wasn't playing advantage. He was playing on ie. there was no foul.

Which is why the game restarted with a drop ball, not a freekick to the 'keeper.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

In play I just assumed Taylor had fucked up because he thought it was an injury. But that is full on cheating. Proper, full on cheating. It’s difficult to argue when he’s telling a player to go to the floor. Everyone, including the West Ham outfield players were playing on.

I am staggered there is not more being made of this - it is absolutely fucking bent.

Taylor inventing a scenario were he invites the Physio on for nothing so he can point to it later as why Gakpo couldn't score from the kerpers fuck up

People say he's incompetent but that's blatant cheating why is Taylor saying Floor to the keeper is he encouraging him to go and lie on the floor something sticks around Taylor and has done for a while .

Altrincham fan my fucking arse 

59 minutes ago, an tha said:

It's absolutely abysmal at best and bent at worst officiating and surprise surprise more is not being made of it

We had to put up with a shitstorm and a week worth of discussion when we were wrongly awarded a drop ball about 2 minutes before we scored against Nottingham Forest... But Taylor preventing a certain goal to tend to a fictitious injury that the West Ham keeper wasn't even complaining about will just get swept under the carpet.

It is fucking beyond laughable.

There's no injury to areola. He's just adjusting his shin pads when Taylor blows. It's fucking outrageous. And you've got to couple it to the over the top of the ankle challenge on Macca in the 1st half. 

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Who fucking cares? We area about to implode and we are discussing Anthony Taylor.

I think you may have missed the implosion.

But I agree with your point.

• Upvote 1

We all know these bent ref fucks have made sure 115 FC win the league season after season as they have to take care of their paymasters. 

Abu Dhabi cunts have killed the premier league. Under no circumstances should states have been allowed to get into sport.

No one was arsed when it was Loverpool getting cheated out of titles but not a London cutting club is missing out its a different story. 

6 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Mo can get to fuck with his shitty attitude. Been absolute shite for weeks and acting like a stroppy kid. 

6 hours ago, an tha said:

How many chances have we wasted again today....

Are you mad?? Klopp has gone over and said something to Mo as he’s waiting to go on. From the look of it I doubt it was “good luck, kid”

2 minutes ago, Curly said:

Are you mad?? Klopp has gone over and said something to Mo as he’s waiting to go on. From the look of it I doubt it was “good luck, kid”

If he had gone over said "buck your fucking ideas up" it wouldn't have been inappropriate.  They are paid a lottery win every month, they aren't there to be coddled.

4 minutes ago, redinblack said:

If he had gone over said "buck your fucking ideas up" it wouldn't have been inappropriate.  They are paid a lottery win every month, they aren't there to be coddled.

There’s a time and a place for “encouraging” remarks - as you’re stood waiting to go on, having been elected to do so by the guy who sets you off, seems a bit strange

Do we need another win really to make top 4 a cert. If so it is hard to see where it is coming from - Tottenham is a 50/50 job, Villa away is gonna be really tough. If it goes to last day you'd think Wolves at home is ideal but by then of we still need a result given our fragile state would you really fancy us?

3 minutes ago, Curly said:

There’s a time and a place for “encouraging” remarks - as you’re stood waiting to go on, having been elected to do so by the guy who sets you off, seems a bit strange

Not sure there's a right time with Salah, it's not the first time he's seen his arse. In any case, I think he's done.

• Upvote 1